Who is a better character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve seen the leaks and holy shit… I don’t like it at all. I’m just sharing my opinion here, you don’t have accept it.
My problem is that Luffy can influence his enemies and people around him in a ridiculous way. That’s too cartoonish and op. The second problem is that he can "heal" himself. Luffy's limit is his imagination. Only Teach is a threat for Luffy now.
I think at this point the tension is absolutely dead.
Here all the bad/weak points of One Piece:
- no tension and no deaths or serious consequences
- wasted panel time on unnecessary side characters/ off panelling of important fights
- random power ups without explanation or through flashbacks
- bad or sidelined female characters
- the pacing
- I HATE the usage of destiny in every manga. That’s always a cheap way to write a story. The will of Destiny is strong in OP

One piece is overall still a good manga but it’s not among my top 3 anymore. WCI and Wano were a disaster, Wano even worser. I hope it will get better. I’m a fan since 2004 and One piece was a big part of my life. It’s sad for me but I can’t deny the current bullshit. Taste is different and my taste changed over times.
I think the whole heartbeat think will finally lead to Luffy getting a terminal illness Chopper needs to heal so I don’t think it’s that bad

The second problem is that he can "heal" himself.
This is the problem. He didn't heal himself. He just pumped the blood. Similar to G2.
Post automatically merged:

This is the problem. He didn't heal himself. He just pumped the blood. Similar to G2.
Another thing is fight us not over. You can't disregard Kaidou like he was defeated.

I think the whole heartbeat think will finally lead to Luffy getting a terminal illness Chopper needs to heal so I don’t think it’s that bad
No terminal illness but he will lose his lifespan. The only repercussion I can accept and makes sense given how his gears taxing him. Chipper will find a way to extend his life span.

I’ve seen the leaks and holy shit… I don’t like it at all. I’m just sharing my opinion here, you don’t have to accept it.
My problem is that Luffy can influence his enemies and people around him in a ridiculous way. That’s too cartoonish and op. The second problem is that he can "heal" himself. Luffy's limit is his imagination. Only Teach is a threat for Luffy now.
I think at this point the tension is absolutely dead.
Here all the bad/weak points of One Piece:
- no tension and no deaths or serious consequences
- wasted panel time on unnecessary side characters/ off panelling of important fights
- random power ups without explanation or through flashbacks
- bad or sidelined female characters
- the pacing
- I HATE the usage of destiny in every manga. That’s always a cheap way to write a story. The will of Destiny is strong in OP

One piece is overall still a good manga but it’s not among my top 3 anymore. WCI and Wano were a disaster, Wano even worser. I hope it will get better. I’m a fan since 2004 and One piece was a big part of my life. It’s sad for me but I can’t deny the current bullshit. Taste is different and my taste changed over time
I still think you have One Piece rated too high. „Not among my top 3 anymore“ If I consider your points (which are correct) sehe Ich One Piece nicht mal in my Top 15 mangas.

No terminal illness but he will lose his lifespan. The only repercussion I can accept and makes sense given how his gears taxing him. Chipper will find a way to extend his life span.
It makes no sense for Chopper to not cure him when his dream able to cure everything

the lifespans stuff can quickly become something like organ failure, forcing Chopper to make a cure for him. Him being uncurable and destined to die is literally Roger 2.0 and makes chopper useless

It makes no sense for Chopper to not cure him when his dream able to cure everything

the lifespans stuff can quickly become something like organ failure, forcing Chopper to make a cure for him. Him being uncurable and destined to die is literally Roger 2.0 and makes chopper useless
No, Luffy won't die, atleast not when the story ends.

I still think you have One Piece rated too high. „Not among my top 3 anymore“ If I consider your points (which are correct) sehe Ich One Piece nicht mal in my Top 15 mangas.
It was in my top 3 but now I don’t know where to place it. Current OP is a complete disaster for me but I mostly liked pre ts OP and some things in the New World. Overall OP is a 6/10 for me now. OP was my number 1 until 2016. Until 2020 OP was my third favourite manga and now not even in my top 5. Maybe the nostalgia is hitting hard

Lmao these people cannot see the great picture. Kaido the man who has tormented the entire Wano Kuni for 20 plus years is being overwhelmed by Luffy. Whatever Kaido throws at him, he is bouncing back better than ever. Now this is funny because it is what Luffy is all about. The entire Wano arc has been serious with fairly less comedy in between. Luffy has been fighting seriously for far too much. Is this not justice? Kaido getting humiliated like this is the exact revenge anyone can get for WANO. This brings joy to every citizen in Wano. The beast that Kaido is is getting wrecked by Luffy. Who could have thought Oda would take this route. Catching Kaido like a snake, skipping with Kaido, making everyone pop their eyes out. This is funny and this is different. Are you unhappy that your headcannon didn't come true? This is quite original and amazing.
Someone who gets it

I wonder if it'll even be an illness or not. If it's purely his lifespan, then is it a disease?
We don’t know what it means by lifespan. I’ve always assumed it will lead to organ failure since he’s using his blood cells to the point where they can’t reproduce anymore

if chopper can heal that he can heal anything

Status
Not open for further replies.