Versus Battle Naruto vs One Piece

R1: Which one is better? / R2: Which one do you enjoy more?

• R1: Naruto

• R1: One Piece

• R2: Naruto

• R2: One piece

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gai was absoulutelly stunning, but i expect more of Lee as the next generarion and Gai succesor, before shippuden he was one of the strongest genin, after that he just an ordinary side character lmao
As i said i was mad about lee being trash too but as soon as Gai got that phenomenal character moments i forgot about Lee cause they both just one character for me lmao

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
-Plot = Pretty much the same where both Luffy and Naruto want to peak at their respective professions but I prefer Naruto since more nostalgy whereas I never cared about One Piece. Naruto is my childhood anime if there is a sentence like that.

-Main characters = Naruto.

-Side characters = Naruto.

-Villains = Naruto.

-Character designs = Naruto.

-Power system = Naruto. Haki had so much potential but as I was afraid it turned out to be meme attempt at Nen.

-Story arcs = Depends. It's not like Naruto didn't had low arcs but overall still Naruto I think.

-Incorporation of themes = Naruto.

-Art = 50/50 I never remembered Kishimoto much for his art unless you mean anime or shit.

-Imagery = ???

-Panelling = One Piece.

-Originality = Naruto.

-World building = One Piece but it's way too overhyped as a whole.

-Characterization = Naruto.

-Enjoyment = Naruto.

- Etc.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Main characters = Naruto.

-Side characters = Naruto.

-Villains = Naruto.

-Character designs = Naruto.

-Story arcs = Depends. It's not like Naruto didn't had low arcs but overall still Naruto I think.
Who/which/whose is your favourite from each category?

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
Who/which/whose is your favourite from each category?
Sasuke.

Minato.

Madara.

Madara.

Kage Summit. ( Dunno if it's my favorite but I had a lot of fun with it. ).

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
โ€Žโ€Žโ€Ž
Hard to pick Naruto over One Piece here. I'm not sure anyone really touts the War Arc and the Juubi Arc as good conclusions to the series.
I generally like Naruto until chapter 507. Then his character stops growing but we have another 193 chapters of him to deal with.
I genuinely like Sasuke until chapter 622 when he meets with the Edo Hokage, I think his new quieter (re)direction was bad. Everything up until that point I'll argue vehemently that it makes sense. That, I find to be meh.
I genuinely like Kakashi.
I genuinely like Shippuden Sakura.

I don't mind any of the Straw Hats and they have their moments where I'll really like them in an arc. Nami is always good. Zoro's usually decent. Luffy fluctuates a lot. But I'm not as constant on the main characters in One Piece as Naruto.

So, giving it to Naruto.
Definitely closer than some people make it out to be IMO. One Piece has more good side characters than Naruto but I think Naruto has more memorable side characters. Zabuza and Haku? Jiraiya and Itachi? Gaara and Might Gai? I'd put them above almost any, if not all, One Piece side characters.

So about equal. Naruto has quality, One Piece has overwhelming quantity of good side characters.
Number of bad villains in Naruto
  1. Uchiha Madara
  2. Uchiha Obito
  3. Kaguya ลŒtsutsuki
  4. Zetsu
Number of bad villains in One Piece
  1. Charlotte Linlin
  2. Gecko Moria
  3. Hody Jones

So immediately, I see that Naruto has more bad villains that are essential to Naruto's conclusion and central plot. Hody Jones is not a good villain but who cares about Hody Jones at this point? He's so isolated, the fact he isn't great doesn't matter. Linlin does make the OP side waver though.

Number of good villains in Naruto
  1. Orochimaru
  2. Uchiha Itachi
  3. Pein
Number of good villains in One Piece
  1. Arlong
  2. Sir Crocodile
  3. Donquixote Doflamingo
At their best, Naruto sweeps. But I think Naruto has many detrimental villains as a whole here. The Akatsuki is amazing in early Shippudenโ€”mops the floor with everything Oda wrote besides Doflamingo as far as antagonists go. But you cannot tell me that Kaguya or Madara are good villains and their weight in Naruto means so much more than any bad or average antagonist in One Piece.

Reluctantly Naruto but it's very close in overall quality.
Oda wins this by a mile. He's a very creative guy and experiments plenty. Kishimoto has some great designs but they end up being used for multiple charactersโ€”Kakashi's standard uniform and the Akatsuki uniform being the obvious examples.

So One Piece.
Naruto without question. It's straight forward and easy to understand. One Piece has two parallel power systems that are still somewhat vague to this day. We just got a confirmation on two fruit type's awakenings last chapter FFS.
Also One Piece. Oda is great at drumming up emotion and drama in a lot of his earlier arcs and making them explosive and grand. Kishi has his good arcs but Oda hits us with them time and time Pre time skip. Whereas you get lost in the mud with an Akatsuki Invasion Arc (Kakuzu/Hidan's) which is really just... Filler apart from Naruto learning the rasenshuriken.
-Incorporation of themes
Naruto's more theme heavy and more hypocritical. So, Kishimoto wins and loses this category.
200% Oda. The man's art is next level. The way he draws is complex and insane but, to me at the least, rarely is cluttered. One Piece has it.
Probably Naruto since its heavier on themes as a whole.
I really really like Oda's panelling. I think he's great at it and he does a very good job at explaining/showing movement effortlessly. Rereading Naruto after One Piece made the series feel almost stagnant in comparison.
Hrm. Oda is heavily influenced by... Welll, everything around him. But he puts unique spins on them each arc. Best way I'd describe it is, as a kid, taking a bunch of action figures and having them in your own little make believe world.

Whereas Naruto does sort of lean on more traditional entities and ideas but IMO it's subtle and accentuates the world. But Kishimoto does have his homages to classics, Orochimaru being defeated by Susano'o is very much one of those.

So I think Naruto borrows less but One Piece is more creative with what it does borrow. Equal.
IIRC Kishimoto specifically did not world build as much because he wanted to differentiate himself from One Piece and the Naruto Worldbuilding (and timeline) is so fucking vexing and makes no sense.

One Piece easily.
Naruto, can't even argue it. Kishimoto made a near perfect character in Sasori in just how much is quietly packed into that dude without any overt explanations.
Grew up with Naruto on Cartoon Network. Followed it and started reading weekly online right at the Killer Bee fight.

So Naruto will always be different for me. Meanwhile I dropped One Piece when the 4kids dub ended and it took me 2 tries to even get caught up (right after G4 was revealed).

OP's got a lot going on, a big world and I am really fond of it. But I don't think I'd pick it over Naruto.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Hard to pick Naruto over One Piece here. I'm not sure anyone really touts the War Arc and the Juubi Arc as good conclusions to the series.
Also One Piece. Oda is great at drumming up emotion and drama in a lot of his earlier arcs and making them explosive and grand. Kishi has his good arcs but Oda hits us with them time and time Pre time skip. Whereas you get lost in the mud with an Akatsuki Invasion Arc (Kakuzu/Hidan's) which is really just... Filler apart from Naruto learning the rasenshuriken.
To be fair, these two parts will have a better comparison upon One Piece's end. And to be honest from what I am seeing OP is heading down the drain and massively fast. I think that without some parts of the War Arc Naruto would be unequivocally considered the better manga. Most people seem to agree that up until the conclusion of the Pain Arc, Naruto is pretty pretty great.

Definitely closer than some people make it out to be IMO. One Piece has more good side characters than Naruto but I think Naruto has more memorable side characters. Zabuza and Haku? Jiraiya and Itachi? Gaara and Might Gai? I'd put them above almost any, if not all, One Piece side characters. So about equal. Naruto has quality, One Piece has overwhelming quantity of good side characters.
Let us use just the top 10 best side characters of One Piece and Naruto.

1. Shikamaru
2. Garaa
3. Granny Chiyo
4. Gai
5. Jiraya
6. Itachi
7. Rock Lee
8. Iruka
9. Killer Bee
10. Haku

One Piece

1. Rayleigh
2. Hancock
3. Shanks
4. Marco
5. Garp
6. Dragon
7. Smoker
8. Kid
9. Mihawk
10. Buggy

Naruto easily beats One Piece.

1. Rayleigh tutored Luffy and he is def a great side character but comparing Rayleigh to Jirarya isn't even debatable.
2. Hancock is a funny good character who accomplished her role in Impel down so no issues here.
3. Shanks hasn't done anything the entire 1000+ chapters other than look cool.
4. Marco the more we see him the less we like him.
5. Garp...
6. Dragon hasn't done anything the entire 1000+ chapters.
7. Smoker as much as people clown him, he is still a very good side character.
8. Kid....
9. Mihawk hasn't done anything the entire 1000+ chapters other than train the person that wants to kill him and it was off-screened.
10. Buggy great character so no issues here.

So yes, in terms of quality, Naruto easily beats One Piece in side characters.

Number of bad villains in Naruto
  1. Uchiha Madara
  2. Uchiha Obito
  3. Kaguya ลŒtsutsuki
  4. Zetsu
Number of bad villains in One Piece
  1. Charlotte Linlin
  2. Gecko Moria
  3. Hody Jones

So immediately, I see that Naruto has more bad villains that are essential to Naruto's conclusion and central plot. Hody Jones is not a good villain but who cares about Hody Jones at this point? He's so isolated, the fact he isn't great doesn't matter. Linlin does make the OP side waver though.

Number of good villains in Naruto
  1. Orochimaru
  2. Uchiha Itachi
  3. Pein
Number of good villains in One Piece
  1. Arlong
  2. Sir Crocodile
  3. Donquixote Doflamingo
At their best, Naruto sweeps. But I think Naruto has many detrimental villains as a whole here. The Akatsuki is amazing in early Shippudenโ€”mops the floor with everything Oda wrote besides Doflamingo as far as antagonists go. But you cannot tell me that Kaguya or Madara are good villains and their weight in Naruto means so much more than any bad or average antagonist in One Piece. Reluctantly Naruto but it's very close in overall quality.
Let us just take each of the main villains each arc of both series:

One Piece:

1. Don Krieg
2. Arlong
3. Crocodile
4. Enel
5. Lucci
6. Moria
7. Akainu
8. Hody
9. Ceaser
10. Doflamingo
11. Katakuri
12. Kaido

Naruto:

1. Zabusa
2. Orochimaru
3. Gara
4. Sasori and Deidara
5. Basically the rest of the Akatsuki: Itachi, Kisame, Kakuzu, Hidan, Tobi, Madara.

Every single Naruto villian beats One Piece. Only person that comes close is Doflamingo (and maybe Akainu but he has been crap post time skip) but in Naruto we have four villains that are comparably as great as Doflamingo who are Pain, Itachi, Kizame, Tobi.

Zabusa beats Don Krieg. Orochimaru beats Arlong. Gara beats Crocodile.etc...

Only bad villain in Naruto (outside the fourth great ninja war) is Kakuzu. Also, not sure what you mean by Madara is a bad villain because he was great until after he gets revived.

Naruto's more theme heavy and more hypocritical. So, Kishimoto wins and loses this category.
I think we have different definitions of themes because One Piece easily beats Naruto in themes. Naruto main theme is basically about hatred which leads to revenge, destiny and war. Where One Piece has slavery, racism, genocide, government corruption, war and much more.
Post automatically merged:

One Piece=Trash

Naruto=Garbage
I agree naruto anything fourth great ninja war and beyond is garbage but before that it is much better than One Piece. At least in Naruto Kishimoto put in the homework and time to think of new ideas, unlike One Piece where each arc is just a cut, copy and paste of previous arcs.

Last edited: