Character Discussion Who is a better character? Donquixote Doflamingo or Vinsmoke Sanji?

R1: Who is a better character? / R2: Who do you enjoy more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The guy who needed Robin to rescue him after chasing for a brothel while Luffy, Zoro, Scabbards were fighting Kaido vs the best villain in One Piece?

If Oda didn't ruin Sanji's character post time skip then maybe it would have been a lot closer but Sanji has been nothing more than a gag tool for Oda post time skip: FMI losing blood, PH assaulting Nami's body, Dressrosa simping on Viola, WCI putting his crew in danger, Wano...

@Salah WG you think Sanji is a better character than Doffy? Why?
It was a hard pick, for starters there is nothing that i hate about Doffy while i do hate some of Sanji's Treats & i definitely enjoy the first more, but it doesn't change the fact that this journey explored Sanji's Character & Story Themes way more, i believe he is very relatable & stands out due to his kindness & emotional vulnerability, it also gives him a sense of unpredictability & very high potential for character development, which tbh makes him feel more human-like than most other characters, hence why i said "Relatable"

I could praise Doffy's Character too ofc & i prefer him much more, but another reason why i chose Sanji is cuz i'm doing a full OP analysis & i found that his purpose in story is far greater than even his Fans believe, however as long as they keep comparing him to Zoro or caring about his Power Level & Feats, they will always fail to see it. (Oda basically did a good job in summarizing it at the end of WCI Arc when Judge & Luffy showed different perspectives on how they see Sanji as a person)

Doffy is good, but is there really any doubt that Sanji is the best character in one piece, faults and all? :stealthblack:

Even those who hate him are only because he's contantly compared to a certain fandom's favorite or contantly paired with the main girl. :rolaugh:

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
If you remove the shitty gags that oda thinks are funny Sanji clears imo
But that whole pervert schtick is a huge part of Sanji's character.

It was a hard pick, for starters there is nothing that i hate about Doffy while i do hate some of Sanji's Treats & i definitely enjoy the first more, but it doesn't change the fact that this journey explored Sanji's Character & Story Themes way more, i believe he is very relatable & stands out due to his kindness & emotional vulnerability, it also gives him a sense of unpredictability & very high potential for character development, which tbh makes him feel more human-like than most other characters, hence why i said "Relatable"

I could praise Doffy's Character too ofc & i prefer him much more, but another reason why i chose Sanji is cuz i'm doing a full OP analysis & i found that his purpose in story is far greater than even his Fans believe, however as long as they keep comparing him to Zoro or caring about his Power Level & Feats, they will always fail to see it. (Oda basically did a good job in summarizing it at the end of WCI Arc when Judge & Luffy showed different perspectives on how they see Sanji as a person)
Well yeah Sanji is more explored, perks of being the part of the main cast, but I don't think he measures up to Doflamingo, who is perhaps Oda's best character and certainly best written villain as of now.

Doflamingo-san. Smart and cunning character, while at the same time respecting his subordinates and being loyal to his family (not allowing anyone to laugh at his family, saying that he does not punish subordinates for failure, only for betrayal), with his family being loyal to him to the point of sacrificing their lives. Being the biggest underworld broker and having the Celestials by their balls, blackmailing them and having them act accordingly. With his downfall being tied to the biggest events afterwards, he basically being the glue to hold everything in its place.

But I appreciate Sanji. Like his moment as Mr. Prince and his role on the train to Enies Lobby. Him having good moments at Thriller Bark too.

Sadly, Oda is exaggerating when it comes to his affection to women. Like almost dying due to a nose bleed? Getting wasted by Kalifa? Spending the timeskip running away from trans girls and seeing his purpose in learning to cook well? Oda could've handled it better.

Doflamingo easily. Smart, cunning, has amazing connections to Law and so many factions, one of the most creative power users I have seen in fiction, loves his crew like a family(Kaido and Big Meme should take notes), and is the only post-timeskip villain in which I can take their rise to power seriously. By the end of Dressrosa you not only hate Doflamingo, but feel invested in his history and the repercussions of his downfall. Easily one of the best One Piece villains along with his fellow Warlord Sir Crocodile.

Sanji has a lot of great scenes. Baratie is his peak personalty imo, there are plenty of clever and funny moments from the guy, and WCI was great for his character development. But Oda regresses his character to make stale pervert jokes, and it's especially upsetting when thinking about how the WCI experience could have changed him for the better.

Plex

Powerscaling Snob
โ€Ž
The walking sex gag has always been an uninspiring character, his main arc didn't help as it became utterly pointless the moment he put on the suit. All that's left is an walking pedo/simp who will always be second fiddle to Zoro in the eyes of the fandome, as well as the author.
Doflamingo is the primary contrast to Luffy, which makes him the perfect villain. The DD pirates are basically a corrupt version of the Straw hats.