Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is so weird. Do y'all think Yamato joining or not?

@Mummykun Have you ever found a human woman’s clitoris, or do you think it doesn’t exist?? Judging by your posts, I’m absolutely positive you’ve never satisfied a woman sexually OR by any other measure, so tell me if that’s the first time you’ve even heard that word and I’ll explain it to you.
This is no less weird.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
This thread is so weird. Do y'all think Yamato joining or not?

This is no less weird.
:okay:
Good thing you asked about Yamato, though, we certainly haven’t covered that topic in the last thousand pages…the only thing less useful than pointing out how a thread that’s been active for three years is getting bizarre is asking the most fundamental question possible.

:okay:
Good thing you asked about Yamato, though, we certainly haven’t covered that topic in the last thousand pages…the only thing less useful than pointing out how a thread that’s been active for three years is getting bizarre is asking the most fundamental question possible.
I got busy in the middle of editing my post. I mean I'd rather ask a super redundant question than whether or not some rando has bean flicking skills. But I ask about Yamato because of the progress in the relationship with Luffy since last I popped in.

As a fan of the character what actually worries me more than any narrative standing is that by this point in EL, Franky would have been featured in a colorspread like we just had.

I got busy in the middle of editing my post. I mean I'd rather ask a super redundant question than whether or not some rando has bean flicking skills. But I ask about Yamato because of the progress in the relationship with Luffy since last I popped in.

As a fan of the character what actually worries me more than any narrative standing is that by this point in EL, Franky would have been featured in a colorspread like we just had.
The only color spread franky was featured on was the volume cover, which Yamato also has

@Mummykun Have you ever found a human woman’s clitoris, or do you think it doesn’t exist?? Judging by your posts, I’m absolutely positive you’ve never satisfied a woman sexually OR by any other measure, so tell me if that’s the first time you’ve even heard that word and I’ll explain it to you.
:crazwhat:

Jew bruh that was cold...

But hilarious

:ihaha:

I got busy in the middle of editing my post. I mean I'd rather ask a super redundant question than whether or not some rando about his bean flicking skills. But I ask about Yamato because of the progress in the relationship with Luffy since last I popped in.

Things are pretty different between this situation and that one.

With Franky going into his introduction arc one of the big plotlines was that they were looking for a new crewmate to be a shipwright. So we knew for a fact that a new Strawhat was going to be coming soon. After Franky’s flashback it was clear that new Strawhat was him and there was no point hiding it. Same as when they went looking specifically for a cook/doctor and Sanji/Chopper showed up.

Here there’s no guarantees. There’s no plotline of actually looking for a new crewmate. Whatever happens with Yamato I think it’s clear that Oda wants people to be discussing it- he’s almost certainly getting the wider OP staff to join in and ask questions about it- and he doesn’t want it to be certain either way because that would kill the discussion.

I don’t think it’s a done deal, but I do think that if there is another Strawhat it will be Yamato. She’s still in a very good position for that, for three simple reasons really
-she wants to be Oden and Oden travelled with the PK to Laugh Tale
-she‘s said repeatedly her intention to sail away with Luffy after getting rid of Kaido
-she’s on the rooftop watching the final fight

If Oda wants to make her a Strawhat, he’s put the pieces in place.

Yeah, you don't understand it, because you're a feminist, meaning that you haven't been properly educated to understand the natural differences between men and women in physical and psychological terms.

Moreover, I never said that "people like Yamato because she acts like a man = So people like Yamato because she’s strong"; That's your own assumption; When I said that Yamato is too masculine I was referring to more things in her personality than just strength.

And the fact that you projected that assumption on me, even though I never said anything about strength, confirms that even you acknowledge that being strong is more related to masculinity.

And this is in fact the case; Comparing the athletic performances of men and women makes it abundantly clear. You have to be extremely deluded to deny it.
Now you’re the one who’s twisting words. I know you never said that, but it’s me, and I conclude “people like Yamato because she’s strong = people like Yamato because she acts like a man.” It’s not the other way around where it has completely different meaning.

You were the one who said “People seem to consider Yamato has better character than Carrot precisely because of the fact that she acts more like a man.”, so it’s totally not wrong if I conclude that “People who likes Yamato because she’s strong = People like Yamato because she acts like a man.” You were the one who brought up about masculine and feminine. Simply put: I like Robin because she is strong, does it mean she acts like a man? Judging from how you interpret in then Robin is masculine since she is strong.

Well yeah for your case “grown up female” is even worse just because you think Carrot is a grown up female just because she has grown up female anatomy while she’s surely underaged. You can deny with your delusions but the fact is still there that she is underaged. “Looks” grown up doesn’t mean she’s a grown up. I’ve made example that 14 year old girl can have big boobs, but she’s still an adolescent; not a grown up. You consider her a grown up while she’s not, that is the definition of sexualizing, because you see her the way you want to see her. End of discussion.

And a funnier example that you said “Yamato is too tall for a female”. It’s like saying women should be short because tall is for men. Women can’t be too tall. If I may suggest, you seriously need to stop wanking at the pet shops and see how real women are

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower

Sure he was, but only one (assuming we’re both talking about the spread of the SHP and CP-9) and he’s virtually the only unconfirmed member who did so before the end of their arc of introduction unless you really wanna split hairs about Nami and Robin’s first go-around. Besides, I’ve seen many, MANY theories based on what does and doesn’t happen in color spreads, but what I haven’t seen is one that actually came true, so I’m not gonna put too much stock in that.

First it was sexist and now it's feminist. Who's ready to be called racist next for not liking a bunny girl? :getnappaed:
The word "feminist" is another ridiculous one, since it's being used to call people who actually defend the masculinization of women.
But that's how those people, like JoSeungHun7335, call themselves, so, although the use of the word is objectively incorrect considering it's referent, it ends up being the word that is used to refer to those people, in a way that everyone recognizes that the word is being used to refer to those people.

It's still true that the use of the word is incorrect though.

And sorry if I'm misunderstanding you here, but if you're implying that I have used the term "feminist" in this thread in the same way that CarrotForNakama used the term "sexist" to insult people in his defence of the bunny girl, then you're wrong.
CarrotForNakama admitted to be trying to defend the so called feminism, and JoSeungHun7335 called herself a feminist. And I just used that term to refer to Sigran101 because she was acting as those people who defend the masculinization of women, and who are commonly known as feminists.

So I clearly didn't use the word as just an insult to people who dislike Carrot. I don't really care much for Carrot; I'm not a fan of the character. It just happens that Carrot is not so bad as Yamato, so I felt like making some arguments in her defence after a lot of time without coming to this thread, and only then a discussion about "sexism", "feminism", etc. began when Sigran101 replied to my post accusing me of "sexism".

The word "feminist" is another ridiculous one, since it's being used to call people who actually defend the masculinization of women.
But that's how those people, like JoSeungHun7335, call themselves, so, although the use of the word is objectively incorrect considering it's referent, it ends up being the word that is used to refer to those people, in a way that everyone recognizes that the word is being used to refer to those people.

And sorry if I'm misunderstanding you here, but if you're implying that I have used the term "feminist" in this thread in the same way that CarrotForNakama used the term "sexist" to insult people in his defence of the bunny girl, then you're wrong.
CarrotForNakama admitted that he himself is a feminist, and JoSeungHun7335 did it too. And I just used that term to refer to Sigran101 because she was acting as those people who defend the masculinization of women, and who are commonly known as feminists.

So I clearly didn't use the word as just an insult to people who dislike Carrot. I don't really care much for Carrot; I'm not a fan of the character. It just happens that Carrot is not so bad as Yamato, so I felt like making some arguments in her defence after a lot of time without coming to this thread, and only then a discussion about "sexism", "feminism", etc. began when Sigran101 replied to my post accusing me of "sexism".
Yes, clearly I'm the one saying outrageous things right now:goyea:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower

CarrotForNakama admitted to be trying to defend the so called feminism, and JoSeungHun7335 called herself a feminist. And I just used that term to refer to Sigran101 because she was acting as those people who defend the masculinization of women, and who are commonly known as feminists.

I’m also a feminist (I think anyone who has actually talked to a woman before would call themselves the same), so add me to the list of people who think you’re compensating for the tiniest little pecker anyone’s ever grown :cheers:

Things are pretty different between this situation and that one.

With Franky going into his introduction arc one of the big plotlines was that they were looking for a new crewmate to be a shipwright. So we knew for a fact that a new Strawhat was going to be coming soon. After Franky’s flashback it was clear that new Strawhat was him and there was no point hiding it. Same as when they went looking specifically for a cook/doctor and Sanji/Chopper showed up.

Here there’s no guarantees. There’s no plotline of actually looking for a new crewmate. Whatever happens with Yamato I think it’s clear that Oda wants people to be discussing it- he’s almost certainly getting the wider OP staff to join in and ask questions about it- and he doesn’t want it to be certain either way because that would kill the discussion.

I don’t think it’s a done deal, but I do think that if there is another Strawhat it will be Yamato. She’s still in a very good position for that, for three simple reasons really
-she wants to be Oden and Oden travelled with the PK to Laugh Tale
-she‘s said repeatedly her intention to sail away with Luffy after getting rid of Kaido
-she’s on the rooftop watching the final fight

If Oda wants to make her a Strawhat, he’s put the pieces in place.
No... people debated the shipwright to the end. And although many of us loved him since he doffed his disguise, there was a long period before he was technically described as a shipwright at all (rather just a part of Galley La's history, who probably couldn't leave his family behind) so it was just a hunch.

Yamato has no true role yet, and in any case I realize the characters are different. It's just because they give me the same feelings that I bring up Franky. I think to some extent it's hard to blame me for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.