Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Yeah, I’ve been saying chronicler would be a fitting role for Yamato for a long time, especially since Oden served in a similar capacity whether he meant to or not. There are a ton of other roles that can be filled on a ship, but as ever, I’m gonna add the caveat that a new crew member doesn’t NEED to fill a role to be useful, and we already have at least three nakama (Zoro, Robin, and Brook) who either don’t have a more specific role than “combatant” or fill a superfluous position like archaeologist or musician. Yamato could add nothing to the Straw Hats other than a wacky personality and the kind of world-beating skills and powers that the future Pirate King should require out of ALL his subordinates, and to paraphrase what we Jews say on Passover, it would be enough :cheers:

377 was the point where it was like okay, if you still doubt him you're just a troll. The fact that it was "only one" really couldn't have possibly mattered given the label applied to the colorspread.

The idea is a guy starting out as the arc antagonist and being revealed as a Straw Hat way before the fights even began, vs a character who is pretty much asking Luffy to come along. Why Oda is not willing to give us more is my concern.
Shouldn't a similar thing be said about her declaring she wants to join Luffy in a panel that even Oda's staff is playing up? Oda is well aware of nakama discussion and goes with who he makes apparent every time. Franky got that color spread right when Enies Lobby started, Brook on introduction got accepted into the crew, Jinbe promised to join after some time, and now Yamato says she'll leave with the SHs. Each of those prior cases had people still debating and now isn't any different.

Things are pretty different between this situation and that one.

With Franky going into his introduction arc one of the big plotlines was that they were looking for a new crewmate to be a shipwright. So we knew for a fact that a new Strawhat was going to be coming soon. After Franky’s flashback it was clear that new Strawhat was him and there was no point hiding it. Same as when they went looking specifically for a cook/doctor and Sanji/Chopper showed up.

Here there’s no guarantees. There’s no plotline of actually looking for a new crewmate. Whatever happens with Yamato I think it’s clear that Oda wants people to be discussing it- he’s almost certainly getting the wider OP staff to join in and ask questions about it- and he doesn’t want it to be certain either way because that would kill the discussion.

I don’t think it’s a done deal, but I do think that if there is another Strawhat it will be Yamato. She’s still in a very good position for that, for three simple reasons really
-she wants to be Oden and Oden travelled with the PK to Laugh Tale
-she‘s said repeatedly her intention to sail away with Luffy after getting rid of Kaido
-she’s on the rooftop watching the final fight

If Oda wants to make her a Strawhat, he’s put the pieces in place.
If I may correct it, actually it’s been implicitly hinted that someone else might join, with the way the crew postponing Jinbe’s welcome toast. If Carrot is indeed the latest/last Straw Hat, there is no point of postponing the toast while she was there in the first place.

But if you say the way they are not looking for a new crewmate, it is true though that they aren’t. The story itself hinted that way

1. Find out/fill in the last pages of Oden's logbook (and return to Momo so he also knows).
  2. She mentioned at one point she wanted to "unleash (the Samurai of) Wano on the world." This is likely connected to bringing about the Dawn of the World.
  3. Something with helping Luffy fulfill the Joyboy/Nika prophecy. I can see both Luffy and Yamato having diety Zoans being important later on when for the fight against the Celestial Dragons who are the "current gods" and Im. I could also see the bit in Skypeia being relevant since it was mentioned that there was mention of multiple gods: sun, rain, forest, earth/the land. Yamato's Makami could fit either forest or land given the god's role in the story of Yamato Takeru.
The problem here is:
1. That’s momos dream not her own
2. This doesn’t involve being with luffy
3. She never claimed herself to have this role only Momo and Luffy

The problem here is:
1. That’s momos dream not her own
2. This doesn’t involve being with luffy
3. She never claimed herself to have this role only Momo and Luffy
1. Momo never stated that it was his dream. He just stated that Oden tore the Laugh Tale pages which makes him wondered what they were laughing at in Laughtale, what reason Oden did that. His dream has always been a shogun of Wano
2. Luffy is confirmed Nika, the sun god. What brings “Dawn”? Sun. Yes
3. She predicted that Luffy is the one Oden was waiting for, and her prediction was correct.

Last edited:

Big Dad looks too feminine here. It’s not normal & natural. He should look & act more masculine since he is tall
Post automatically merged:

I swore that it couldn't have gotten any lower. Now Yamato being too tall is an anti-Yamato argument? Didn't know 6 foot 1 Hancock in a world where people pass 9ft on average was masculine lol
Hancock is 6 foot 3, Robin is 6 foot 2. Wait, Robin is too tall. Heck her name is masculine name. Everything about Robin is masculine. Robin is not normal

Last edited:
1. Momo never stated that it was his dream. He just stated that Oden tore the Laugh Tale pages which makes him wondered what they were laughing at in Laughtale, what reason Oden did that. His dream has always been a shogun of Wano
2. Luffy is confirmed Nika, the sun god. What brings “Dawn”? Sun. Yes
3. She predicted that Luffy is the one Oden was waiting for, and her prediction was correct.
He outright states he wish he knew what Roger and oden were laughing it. It’s the closest thing we’ve gotten to a declaration of a goal by any potential straw hats

She outright tells Momo He will bring this world to its dawn for some reasons

It's just one of the reasons why I reckon that Yamao didn't even exist as a character in Oda's mind until like the Udon portion of the arc. He winged her, just like the supernovas. It'd explain why there was literally zero foreshadowing whatsoever, which is always rare from Oda.
Would you look at that. :yasu:

Keeping in mind that Iwasaki also confirmed in a recent youtube stream that he knows whether Yamao joins the crew or not (as you'd expect from a manga editor).

If Yamao's joining, do you really think that one of Oda's editors would even be considering the possibility that she was a last minute creation??:choppawhat:

And so it all comes crashing down, lmfao.

Would you look at that. :yasu:

Keeping in mind that Iwasaki also confirmed in a recent youtube stream that he knows whether Yamao joins the crew or not (as you'd expect from a manga editor).

If Yamao's joining, do you really think that one of Oda's editors would even be considering the possibility that she was a last minute creation??:choppawhat:

And so it all comes crashing down, lmfao.
Imagine thinking this is the smoking gun that "debunks" Yamato for nakama:gokulaugh:

Yeah, let's psychoanalyze Oda's editors to get the answer. Because an assumption of how a person can or can't think is the most logical basis for an argument:milaugh:

Are you really this desperate?

Imagine thinking this is the smoking gun that "debunks" Yamato for nakama:gokulaugh:

Yeah, let's psychoanalyze Oda's editors to get the answer. Because an assumption of how a person can or can't think is the most logical basis for an argument:milaugh:

Are you really this desperate?
Doesn't even know he gave an argument in that same statement. Running by the logic of "characters acting out of the author's intention", Yamato showing up and declaring she'll join the crew falls in line with that.

She, a coc user btw, is enforcing her own will to the story. :finally::finally:

Last edited:
Jammies soiled already I see? Tis to be expected though with such monumental news!!

Also proving once again that literacy is truly an uphill battle for some. Nowhere did it say that Yamao specifically is a character he was talking about having a will of her own.

One of her first lines of dialogue was saying she expects to go with Luffy to sea because she's Oden. That can't be a natural unintended development if that's literally where her character started. Silly brewer. :vistalaugh:

Also did I just see that Yamao will force Oda to make her a straw hat because she has CoC and will impose her will on him??? Is that really what I just saw?? Please let it be so lmfaoooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.