Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no reason to believe Carrot was ever planned to be special. She was introduced with Wanda
Wanna know who also had 0 foreshadowing and, instead of any speculation, is confirmed to be a last minute addition thought of a chapter before his introduction? Along with that, Kid was planned to have his spotlight instead and he was never thought to be important.

Wanna know who also had 0 foreshadowing and, instead of any speculation, is confirmed to be a last minute addition thought of a chapter before his introduction? Along with that, Kid was planned to have his spotlight instead and he was never thought to be important.

Nah haven’t you heard no planning means they’re a one arc character with no future plot lines

:seriously:

The delay in Jinbei's welcoming is a possible sign that another might join (they will welcome more members this way)

Just a question/thought: Zoro aside, Yamato is Sanji/Jinbei level at least thus: If Yamato joins won't the Straw Hats become overpowered?
I’m 100% sure that Luffy and the Straw Hats will be called the strongest crew by everybody just based off the Kaido win, so it doesn’t matter.

plus Blackbeard is still recruiting people

The delay in Jinbei's welcoming is a possible sign that another might join (they will welcome more members this way)

Just a question/thought: Zoro aside, Yamato is Sanji/Jinbei level at least thus: If Yamato joins won't the Straw Hats become overpowered?
I mean Blackbeards still recruiting and Luffy is going to have at least two crew members at emperor level (Zoro and Sanji) in order to combat the admirals.

I’m 100% sure that Luffy and the Straw Hats will be called the strongest crew by everybody just based off the Kaido win, so it doesn’t matter.

plus Blackbeard is still recruiting people
I don't think the Straw Hats will be the Strongest following beating Kaido. The entirety of One Piece is based on Luffy trying to surpass stronger opponents. The moment Luffy's crew is named the "strongest" this will signal the attainment of the above aim. (e.g. Blackbeard's crew will be stronger).

I mean Blackbeards still recruiting and Luffy is going to have at least two crew members at emperor level (Zoro and Sanji) in order to combat the admirals.
As far as Blackbeard still recruiting, I understand this argument but isn't One Piece also supposed to be about the growth of characters such as Usopp?

PS: Don;t get me wrong I love Yamato and I'm all in for her to join.

I don't think the Straw Hats will be the Strongest following beating Kaido. The entirety of One Piece is based on Luffy trying to surpass stronger opponents. The moment Luffy's crew is named the "strongest" this will signal the attainment of the above aim. (e.g. Blackbeard's crew will be stronger).

As far as Blackbeard still recruiting, I understand this argument but isn't One Piece also supposed to be about the growth of characters such as Usopp?

What does some characters being strong have to do with other characters growing. Usopp is still growing stronger and will best Van Augur and possibly eventually Chaton after all

In almost every shonen there’s a point where the MC’s are recognized as the best in their story. I fail to see why Luffy will fail to do that, specially when he’s pretty much done with pirates and will move onto the WG

Yes, but at the same time, it's still just 11 people. It was highlighted in this arc how much sheer numbers make a difference. The strawhats could not have won their fights without the lower level pirates defecting. Against Yonko crews and the navy, they will still have a big disadvantage.

He is not done with Blackbeard. Blackbeard's crew considered the "Strongest" still serves a purpose in the story.
Blackbeard is like the final villain of the story, being the “strongest” doesn’t mean that the MC won’t fight stronger characters
Post automatically merged:

Serious question, did you read or watch Naruto, DBZ, Bleach? This is normal

Blackbeard is like the final villain of the story, being the “strongest” doesn’t mean that the MC won’t fight stronger characters

Serious question, did you read or watch Naruto, DBZ, Bleach? This is normal
Of course, at some point, the Straw Hats will be the Strongest. However, there is a difference between being acknowledged amongst the Strongest (as will be the case after Wano) and being the "Strongest". It serves One Piece's narrative for Luffy to fight Blackbeard as an underdog. The purpose of Oda's classic build-up: hype hype hype the villain and Luffy's growth.

The only part I disagree is the timing they will be "the Strongest"

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower

I’ll answer your question with another - how weak do you think the future Pirate King’s crew should be? Y’all let the Battledome poison your minds, most of the fandom as well as the author do not give a solitary shit about “diffs” or powerscaling, Luffy’s DF Awakening should have clued you into that if nothing else in the last thousand chapters did. As long as a current or potential crew mate can fight in any capacity (or, in Nami and Usopp’s case, can get Big Mom to clean up after them), the only people who care where they rank are the cretins on this forum.

the only people who care where they rank are the cretins on this forum.
The reason this discussion is being held in this forum is the interest we "cretins" have in the story and speculating what makes sense or not is part of it. In order to enjoy best a story, some people prefer to understand it. Where the Straw Hats rank in terms of power is an indicator of where the story is going just as well plot holes.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
The reason this discussion is being held in this forum is the interest we "cretins" have in the story and speculating what makes sense or not is part of it. In order to enjoy best a story, some people prefer to understand it. Where the Straw Hats rank in terms of power is an indicator of where the story is going just as well plot holes.
I didn’t necessarily mean you were a cretin, but there are plenty of them in the Battledome who think their powerscaling opinions are as good as gospel. I’ve been able to both understand and enjoy OP without wringing my hands over who could beat who, but I still recognize which characters are portrayed as particularly strong - several members of Luffy’s crew are demonstrably weaker than a lot of opponents they face, and yet, they’re still alive and dandy because they found other ways to win. This is all well and good, but it tells me two things: Strength doesn’t (or shouldn’t) matter more than cunning and ability, but that doesn’t mean Luffy should go turning down people on Yamato’s level because he thinks he should give Blackbeard or Akainu’s respective militias a fair shot when the time comes to face them.

Nope...

List of potential future opponents:
  • Blackbeard Pirates (includes some of the worst criminals in history and Shiliew who is said to be a Magellan equal; Aokiji is an ally)
  • Red Hair Pirates (most balanced crew which includes officers who are their own legends; Mihawk might even join this battle)
  • Marine HQ (Akainu, Kizaru, Fujitora, Ryokugyu, VAs, possibly Kong as well, Sengoku)
How would Yamato joining make the SHs OP? And Oda can just adjust how hax their opponents will be...

Status
Not open for further replies.