Rate this chapter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Funny thing is that most of these villains didn’t even have a flashback. We never got anything from Enel or Croc. Moria just gave some exposition about how he lost his crew. We didn’t get anything from Arlong until a decade later. Lucci got like two pages with Doberman talking about his past.

Really most villains don’t get flashbacks, they just get developed in the heroes flashbacks.
In post skip we get more often when taking bigger villains ; Doffy and BM both got them and Kaido's FB has been building up slowly with his connection to rocks ; oni origin ; joyboy etc etc

I do get your point. But you guys are not understanding what I’m saying. I’m not saying kaido isn’t awakened. I’m saying he already is.

Crocodile says that Zoans that are awakened have great strength, toughness and recovery rate.
hmm who does it remind me of????
oh wait… Kaido comes to mind.
Minotaurs design awakened

Rob lucci‘a design not awakened

Big upper body small legs. It’s the typical hybrid form for both.
We know for sure that awakened Zoans Have greater strength and recovery. Where is the confirmation for extra form? This comes from choppers rumber ball but we don’t know if that has anything to do with awakening.
again confirmed info is increased strength, toughness and recovery. Until somebody shows me some proof that awakened zoans have extra forms I will say kaido and king are awakened, maybe even queen. It’s just we couldn’t tell the difference.
The thing is that we can't go based on this since we have zero clue on how mytical zoan awakening operates. All examples you gave were examples of regular zoans. Al mythical zoans have abilities outside of their animal traits. Marco with his healing flame, Luffy with his rubber body and imaginations, Yamato being able to use ice and lce attacks, kaido using various other elemental attacks. So until clearly stated otherwise there are reasons why people are warranted to expect something else from kaido

I do get your point. But you guys are not understanding what I’m saying. I’m not saying kaido isn’t awakened. I’m saying he already is.

Crocodile says that Zoans that are awakened have great strength, toughness and recovery rate.
hmm who does it remind me of????
oh wait… Kaido comes to mind.
Minotaurs design awakened

Rob lucci‘a design not awakened

Big upper body small legs. It’s the typical hybrid form for both.
We know for sure that awakened Zoans Have greater strength and recovery. Where is the confirmation for extra form? This comes from choppers rumber ball but we don’t know if that has anything to do with awakening.
again confirmed info is increased strength, toughness and recovery. Until somebody shows me some proof that awakened zoans have extra forms I will say kaido and king are awakened, maybe even queen. It’s just we couldn’t tell the difference.

--Kaido who is more knowledgeable than us clearly mentions Mythical zoan awakening gives a new form

--So using normal zoans as an example is faulty because kaido is a mythical zoan and even then they are more animal like see their face and body structure

Luffy awakened and got an extra form. Kaido even stated that that's what Zoans do.
Sure, but Kaidou has a fish fruit. So for all we know Kaidou's awakening was what changed him from fish to dragon (after all the legend his mythical zoan is based on is the fish that swam up the river to become a dragon).

The way these things work simply isn't consistent. If gear 5th is Luffy's equivalent to a supposed Kaidou awakened form, then what is Luffy's equivalent to Kaidou's dragon form? What is Luffy's hybrid vs base form? What was King's hybrid form? The way these work just isn't consistent across the board.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Sure, but Kaidou has a fish fruit. So for all we know Kaidou's awakening was what changed him from fish to dragon. The way these things work simply isn't consistent. If gear 5th is Luffy's equivalent to a supposed Kaidou awakened form, then what is the equivalent to Kaidou's dragon form? What is Luffy's hybrid form? What is his base form? What was King's hybrid form? The way these work just isn't consistent across the board.
No kaidos model is blue dragon
The fish part is irrelevant

That's like saying kaku is a cow that awakened into a giraffe

Sure, but Kaidou has a fish fruit. So for all we know Kaidou's awakening was what changed him from fish to dragon. The way these things work simply isn't consistent. If gear 5th is Luffy's equivalent to a supposed Kaidou awakened form, then what is the equivalent to Kaidou's dragon form? What is Luffy's hybrid form? What is his base form? What was King's hybrid form? The way these work just isn't consistent across the board.
--Kaido's fruit is azure dragon model ; Kaku's fruit is -- Ox model Giraffe -- Doesn't mean Kaku is an ox

--Momonosuke didn't became fish and directly transforms into dragon also

--Luffy is a human model not an animal model -- Nika is basically a normal looking human with rubber abilities hence luffy's base zoan and hybrid form looks the same as its a a basic hito hito no mi model

--Kaido's fruit is azure dragon model ; Kaku's fruit is -- Ox model Giraffe -- Doesn't mean Kaku is an ox

--Momonosuke didn't became fish and directly transforms into dragon also

--Luffy is a human model not an animal model -- Nika is basically a normal looking human with rubber abilities hence luffy's base zoan and hybrid form looks the same as its a a basic hito hito no mi model
What I'm saying is that these aren't rules, they're rationalizations. You're coming up with a reason why some fruits are different, but the text doesn't state this. Maybe Momo went straight to dragon because that's how the fruit works. Maybe it was because the fruit is a failure. Maybe Luffy works this way because he's not an animal model. Maybe it's because Luffy's fruit is just special and it just works differently. Again, it's speculation.

Could Kaidou pull out a new form next chapter? Sure. But it's not an established rule that he has to have one. At the end of the day Oda does make shit up because he thinks it will be fun and serve the story.

What I'm saying is that these aren't rules, they're rationalizations. You're coming up with a reason why Luffy's fruit is different, but the text doesn't state this. Maybe Momo went straight to dragon because that's how the fruit works. Maybe it was because the fruit is a failure. Maybe Luffy works this way because he's not an animal model. Maybe it's because Luffy's fruit is just special and it just works differently. Again, it's speculation.

Could Kaidou pull out a new form next chapter? Sure. But it's not an established rule that he has to have one.
No I am talking about what manga told us where you are coping lol

Luffy is a mythical Zoan and had one form.
kaido already has 2 forms. Where is the extra form????
Where Kaido has two forms lol
Post automatically merged:

@Monkey D Al

--What happens if a human eats a plain human model DF? Will he have a zoan form or hybrid form? No because the creature in question is a human hence all the forms are same but in Nika's case you get additional rubber abilities

--Luffy's current form is a result of awakening

No I am talking about what manga told us where you are coping lol
Manga told us zoan awakenings get a new form. It didn't necessarily say what that form is, or that it has to be a 4th form or that it has to go base->full->hybrid->awakening. Kaidou could already be awakened.

Again, where is King's hybrid form? Does he just have less mastery than Kaku?

The thing is that we can't go based on this since we have zero clue on how mytical zoan awakening operates. All examples you gave were examples of regular zoans. Al mythical zoans have abilities outside of their animal traits. Marco with his healing flame, Luffy with his rubber body and imaginations, Yamato being able to use ice and lce attacks, kaido using various other elemental attacks. So until clearly stated otherwise there are reasons why people are warranted to expect something else from kaido
Finally someone who speaks some sense. Thank you.
I agree with you. We do not know how mythical zoans work.
Luffy’s fruit gives him paramecia ability and with the awakening a transformation
Marco gives him logia abilities and healing abilities
Kaido dragon form is the one that follow the zoan rules the most though. Because what it does is allow him transform into a dragon and that dragon has special abilities like breathing fire and creating storms and clouds. Excluding this abilities though it follows the normal zoan rules quite a lot. And the same goes for Yamato and Sengoku.
Marco and Luffy so far are exceptions because they actually give them abilities from a different devil fruit category.

Manga told us zoan awakenings get a new form. It didn't necessarily say what that form is, or that it has to be a 4th form or that it has to go base->full->hybrid->awakening. Kaidou could already be awakened.

Again, where is King's hybrid form? Does he just have less master than Kaku?
It seems you haven't read the manga properly

--Every zoan fruit the moment you eat then gives you zoan and hybrid forms -- That is same with every zoan user period

--With awakening it gives you a 4th new form like luffy is showing

--King/queen/marco are not awakened users and are not mentioned as such

--Kaido who is more knowledgeable than us clearly mentions Mythical zoan awakening gives a new form

--So using normal zoans as an example is faulty because kaido is a mythical zoan and even then they are more animal like see their face and body structure
Can you not read? He says “it should be safe to say you awakened you paramecia fruit. But this transformation is typical of a zoan”
Because zoans allow you to transform and not paramecias and not logias. He does not say the mythical zoans give you an extra form.
He is confused because Luffy’s abilities work like a paramecia yet allow him to transform like a zoan. You are misunderstanding the circumstances and only reading one panel and not everything.