Who is the strongest character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is 0 indication whatever to suggest Shanks is even a villain, forget about the final villain. Even if he is an antagonist, we have little to no reason(s) to think he's going to be more of an antagonist than Im, Blackbeard, and even Akainu for that matter. That's highly unlikely even for a far-fetched scenario. Even if we're to assume the worst-case scenario and say Shanks is going to be a villain, what makes you think Mihawk would team up with evil Shanks of all people? Is he secretly evil too? Does that not sound like reaching?

Since we love throwing around the "what if" scenarios, how about we come up with a more realistic scenario that goes in line with what we know of these characters? What if Shanks is the same good guy who sacrificed his potential for Luffy? What if Mihawk and Shanks operate separately until the very end like they always have? What if Zoro and Luffy fight Shanks and Mihawk in two different arcs?

Sure, Shanks has nothing to do with Zoro, and that in turn has nothing to do with Zoro surpassing Shanks. Shanks doesn't have to be related to Zoro for him to be surpassed by Zoro.
You can read my sig link to see how I feel about this. Clearly you don't understand my point of view and that's fine. But it's not "highly unlikely" if you've been following the trail Oda has been leaving about the character.

Never even stated Shanks is evil. Antagonist does not equate an evil villain. That's better reserved for Blackbeard or Im or Akainu. And that's not at all what im talking about.

If Mihawk were to ally with Shanks, i would assume it would be because Mihawk knows Shanks and Luffy are on a collision course, thereby being the highest chance for Zoro and him to encounter each other.

Think about this, what other faction is there a place for Mihawk? He 100% will not ally with Blackbeard, whom already has a Swordsman as his 2nd command. He just got booted from the Shichibukai, so the Marines and WG are also out of the question. What is left, but the only rival he has?

And if the other option is "Zoro and Mihawk will randomly fight somewhere in the EoS" than that goes heavily against how Oda even sets up faction based fights in this series. Fights aren't random. They are always tied to the crew vs another faction. Mihawk won't be some special irrelevant fight outside of the main plot, he WILL be part of the main plot

Zoro fans in the battledome creating the 10,000th Zoro vs Sanji thread to prove Zoro is FINALLY stronger (confirmed) in a chapter that has nothing to do with him based on an unofficially translated line that has 0 context*

We're given no reason to think they'll team up? Mihawk doesn't need to tie himself with anyone to stay relevant. Mihawk will be relevant as long as Zoro is alive. It harms what argument? I don't really care if Mihawk is weaker than Shanks or the vice-versa, but let's not create totally non-existing scenarios just because we don't want to accept canon.

You didn't make any point to stand.
It literally has not occurred yet, so let's wait and see what happens. There are plenty of theories as to why this would occur, just like any other theory being thrown around in this thread.

Zoro fans in the battledome creating the 10,000th Zoro vs Sanji thread to prove Zoro is FINALLY stronger (confirmed) in a chapter that has nothing to do with him based on an unofficially translated line that has 0 context*

"Kaido confirms Roger wasn't a devil fruit user. He also says that "abilities" are not necessary to dominate the world."

Question: Who doesnt have a devil fruit from the worst generation, i.e. the leaders of the next generation? :tchpepe:

Sure, this chapter has nothing to do with him 😂

Why would someone who allied with the wg in order to stay safe and live a relatively chill life team up with his really good friend who has power to help and a connection to the strawhats

Status
Not open for further replies.