Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this change things, I was not aware of this as it was not in the story. So you are right, this would indeed make things a lot more difficult but this doesn't change what at I said about the will of the author and his power over the story and the future of the character.

No. Just a experience of thoughts.

Law was treated as an allied, not a strawhat (at least not fully like Carrot)

She has been wanting to follow Oden's will since years old. Of course she was doing that on purpose. But she lost. Multiple times. Hence why she got so strong.

Defeat means putting someone out of commission. In other words : to render them useless and getting the ability to do it again if necessary. We don't care about strenght comparisons in that situation, Big Mom was defeated fair and square. She is out.. for now at least.

Well I'm the only one here pleading the case of Carrot so yeah.. logically, i'm the only one who see stuff about her.

Like I said. Some things are fast. And others are EXTREMELY FAST. The thunder Bagua may be fast, is not at the speed of a Lighting fast characters. (at least not in my mind) Plus we are talking her about Kaido which is on a completely different level of speed than Yamato. So it's irrelevant to talk about Yamato.

Again. If an author wants a character to win.. they WILL win:

Yes, I think she can tank one or two at least (In sulong). you may forget it, but carrot is a brawl fighter. She is very tanky.

No, the story would plummet. And Oda won't do that.

Pedro is ded.

And ? You prefer another name .. got it.. let's call that: "Moon Gem" (in reference to the jade Rabbit)

Why are you so shock? This would be so cool!

You are all fighting the same battle, so of course none of you agree.. lmao

Yes it is. Deal with it mu dude.

Correction: I'm making sh*t you don't understand. Like i'm sure you still don't understand what a subversion dialogue is.. Still.. it's a real writing tool. It may be called differently according to writers (probably not, I've never seen that concept theorized) but it's real.

And you don't understand it. Why ?

Because you don't want to learn and you complete yourself in ignorance

But that's ok..you do you, I do me

At the end, "I" will be the one to laugh:myman:
Why don't you just write a Carrot fanfiction?

In comparizon to Lighting fast character like Luffy gear 4 sneak man or Sanji at full speed or Carrot Sulong or Kizaru.. yeah.. it's pretty slow.. at least in my mind.
Are you really comparing Carrot sulong to Luffy G4, sanji and Kizaru?
:gokulaugh:
Sulong Carrot is fast but nothing special.
There are a lot other characters that can go sulong and are faster than her. Sulong doesn’t but you in the category of fastest characters.
Not keeping up at all bru. Yamato was being pummuled
She was keeping him busy and for a while going toe to toe with him. Her goal was to stall him and she managed too.
You are not explaining anything. you are just trying to find a way to put down Carrot and to say that Yamato = Kaido when the facts are: "it's wrong".
I’m not saying Yamato = Kaido because that’s definitely not the case. Don’t try to put words in my mouth. I’m saying that a character that can keep up with kaidos speed and strength, even for a while is definitely on completely different level then Carrot sulong or not. And lastly I don’t need to find ways to put Carrot down. I have Oda for that
:mihanha:

I was waiting for someone to change the goal post to "BuT ThOsE aRe NoT tHe SaMe WrItErS"

Spoiler: I don't care. it's the SAME.

Storytelling is about stories it's not about the writers or format.

I don't care if there are multiple writers, they are ALL falling under the SAME rules:

They are GODS in there respective stories. Meaning that they can do whatever they want if they do it right.

So if Oda wants to make Carrot beat Yamato. He CAN find a way to do just that.

That's one of the main reason why powerscaling as always been nothing but a meaningless illusion. Writers are the ones who choose the winners.

It would be surprising and I'm sure you would find a way to cry about it ^^
When comes oda writing specifically the characters do improve after they win fights or lose there fights. They grow from experience from battles they have had. Carrot doesn't have any example of her improvements of her fighting style she is not main character or strawhat. She is just support character pushing the other characters along. Hell her tag team fight against perospero was completely skip over in comparison to the strawhats and there alliance. She didn't lift figure in order help cat viper when he was down when the moon cover. So how can you say Carrot could possible stronger than yamato if there no events support claim that she has improve since last time she lost against perospero.

Last edited:
When comes oda writing specifically the characters do improve after thery win fights or lose there fights. They grow from experience from battles they have had. Carrot doesn't have any example of her improvements of her fighting style she is not main character or strawhat. She is just support character pushing the other characters along. Hell her tag team fight against perospero was completely skip over in comparison to the strawhats and there alliance. She didn't lift figure in order help cat viper was down when the moon cover. So how can you say Carrot could possible stronger than yamato if there no events support claim that she has improve since last time lost against perospero.
Well she has a lot of experience in getting her ass kicked. Maybe she learns to fight opponents of Arlongs level. Than she might have a chance :doffytroll::doffytroll:

Changing goal post? LMAO you were the one who changed the goal post by bringing Stan Lee here. You can deny what you want but you can’t ignore the facts that they have completely different writers. You can’t ignore that American comics have inconsistencies because they keep changing writers.
The problem is when you start thinking that different storytelling rules applies to different writer. Storytelline is universal. Weither you are called Oda or Stan Lee, the rules and logics are (pretty much) the same.

Inconsistancies are related to the shape of the story, not it's core. The core of stories are the same everywhere. So... when you are writting a good story (hence following correctely your own rules and the rules of storytelling) you can do EVERYTHING YOU WANT...

.. as long as you do it right.

So if Oda wants to make Usopp beat Kaido.. trust me.. he will find a way to do just that.

Oda can find a way, indeed, but there is nothing in the story explicitly or implicitly pointing that Carrot can defeat Yamato.
I'm not saying that she can do it now, I'm saying that IF Oda wants to do it, he CAN. Hence saying that if Carrot needs to beat Yamato, there will ALWAYS be a way to do it.

It’s clear then, that you chose to don’t care = you’re ignorant. You brought up something you don’t understand a single bit and when being explained you chose to ignore it. Or should I quote what you said: it’s like scientists trying to explain flat earther
You are just proving you don't care about storytelling.

At this point you’re just ignorant & clueless but your ego is too high to admit you are. If I would kill myself I would jump from your ego down to your IQ
"@CarrotForNakama, you are the toxic one" :milaugh:

Why don't you just write a Carrot fanfiction?
Could be fun. If Carrot don't join the crew I might just do that.

Are you really comparing Carrot sulong to Luffy G4, sanji and Kizaru?
Yup. In term of speed, Carrot is top tier. On the like of Brook and Sanji. Kizaru might be a stretch tho.

There are a lot other characters that can go sulong and are faster than her
None of that was proved in the story.

She was keeping him busy and for a while going toe to toe with him. Her goal was to stall him and she managed too.
No.

I’m not saying Yamato = Kaido because that’s definitely not the case.
>>>

for a while going toe to toe with him.

Don’t try to put words in my mouth.
You are putting them in yourself.

When comes oda writing specifically the characters do improve after thery win fights or lose there fights. They grow from experience from battles they have had.
That's not something that can be seen only during the victory. Sometimes, you need to actually see another fight to see that. So that's irrelevant.

Hell her tag team fight against perospero was completely skip over in comparison to the strawhats and there alliance
For good reasons.

She didn't lift figure in order help cat viper when he was down when the moon cover. So how can you say Carrot could possible stronger than yamato if there no events support claim that she has improve since last time she lost against perospero.
I'm not saying that Carrot is possibily stronger than Yamato. I'm saying that if Oda wants carrot to win, he will do it.

You don't think that Luffy is stronger than Kaido, right ? Well Still.. Luffy will win. Because Oda said so.

The problem is when you start thinking that different storytelling rules applies to different writer. Storytelline is universal. Weither you are called Oda or Stan Lee, the rules and logics are (pretty much) the same.

Inconsistancies are related to the shape of the story, not it's core. The core of stories are the same everywhere. So... when you are writting a good story (hence following correctely your own rules and the rules of storytelling) you can do EVERYTHING YOU WANT...

So if Oda wants to make Usopp beat Kaido.. trust me.. he will find a way to do just that.

I'm not saying that she can do it now, I'm saying that IF Oda wants to do it, he CAN. Hence saying that if Carrot needs to beat Yamato, there will ALWAYS be a way to do it.

"@CarrotForNakama, you are the toxic one" :milaugh:

Could be fun. If Carrot don't join the crew I might just do that.

Yup. In term of speed, Carrot is top tier. On the like of Brook and Sanji. Kizaru might be a stretch tho.

None of that was proved in the story.

No.

>>>

You are putting them in yourself.

That's not something that can be seen only during the victory. Sometimes, you need to actually see another fight to see that. So that's irrelevant.

For good reasons.

I'm not saying that Carrot is possibily stronger than Yamato. I'm saying that if Oda wants carrot to win, he will do it.

You don't think that Luffy is stronger than Kaido, right ? Well Still.. Luffy will win. Because Oda said so.
Luffy is overcome Kaido he will suppress him. There no events that carrot near yamato level. If oda was writing Carrot vs yamato. The outcome would be obvious Yamato would win.

Nope, storytelling is not universal. It shows how completely clueless you are comparing Oda with Stan Lee. In Marvel comics, different storytelling indeed applies to different writers. To begin with, One Piece never changed writers / authors, while Marvel constantly changing writers. Even with connecting comic book storyline like Excalibur 2019, X-Force 2019, Fallen Angels with House of X, they have different writers on each comic book.

The simplest thing is the Dark Phoenix Saga. Chris Claremont & John Byrne wanted to make a cosmic level superhero, and they decided to make Jean Grey as the avatar of the cosmic entity Phoenix Force, before she got used by Hellfire Club and went to her darker self; eating a whole star in D’Bari system which made that star went supernova and killed innocent D’Bari people. Until then Marvel retconned with different writer that it was never Jean Grey to begin with but Phoenix Force which took Jean Grey’s physical appearance & her memories, believing it was Jean Grey. Why? Because they don’t want to give example that the first cosmic superhero turned bad. The core? Well yeah it’s same, it’s about Jean Grey. But every writer has different perspective about her powers. That’s why Jean Grey is one of the most complex Marvel characters because of writers & her connection with the Phoenix Force. This is also the reason why Marvel has multiverse, while One Piece only has universe

That’s one of the simplest example of how American comics have inconsistencies. You can’t even simply comprehend the simplest difference between American comics and Japanese comics. If you want to give example, you should quote another Japanese mangaka; not Stan Lee. Comparing Oda with Stan Lee is not apple to apple comparison to begin with; it’s like comparing apple with peach. You compare them just because they have similar appearance and they are fruits.

I really have to say it to you that you should stop bringing American comics before you embarrass yourself even further.

But if you understand storytelling completely, there is not a single point nor hint heading towards there
:kayneshrug:

You are the one who doesn’t care about storytelling and chose to deny reality. Pot meet kettle indeed
Post automatically merged:

Trust me, he will say that Carrot is faster than Soru of Rokushiki

Last edited:
Luffy is overcome Kaido he will suppress him. There no events that carrot near yamato level. If oda was writing Carrot vs yamato. The outcome would be obvious Yamato would win.

So you also thought Luffy would win in a 1v1 against Kaido during Whole cake?

Nope, storytelling is not universal.
Yeah.. I don't even know if I can take you seriously after that take.

Yes it is. it's not even up for debate mu dude. That's not something you can fight.

It shows how completely clueless you are comparing Oda with Stan Lee. In Marvel comics, different storytelling indeed applies to different writers.
Yeah.. after that last take.. I would make myself very little at your place.. you just showed how little you understand about stories.

different storytelling indeed applies to different writers.
Different styles applies to different writers. Not different storytelling.

Sigh.. :seriously:

But every writer has different perspective about her powers
And this doesn't change anything about how stories are really crafted into their core.

I really have to say it to you that you should stop bringing American comics before you embarrass yourself even further.
I'm not, you are.. And badly. I'm talking about storytelling and the will of the writer. Something you are completely ignoring right now.

But if you understand storytelling completely, there is not a single point nor hint heading towards there
Sulong could be a hint. As I explained.. Sulong could be the starting clay to build a massive power up for carrot mixed with her ability to control that form more than random minks. So yeah.. there are already some basis placed into the story to build that kind of power if necessary. Oda would just need to do the same work he did with the fruit of Luffy. Which is easy to do from a writing perspective.

You are the one who doesn’t care about storytelling and chose to deny reality. Pot meet kettle indeed
*cringe*
:whitepress:

So you also thought Luffy would win in a 1v1 against Kaido during Whole cake?

Yes it is. it's not even up for debate mu dude. That's not something you can fight.

Yeah.. after that last take.. I would make myself very little at your place.. you just showed how little you understand about stories.

And this doesn't change anything about how stories are really crafted into their core.

I'm not, you are.. And badly. I'm talking about storytelling and the will of the writer. Something you are completely ignoring right now.

Sulong could be a hint. As I explained.. Sulong could be the starting clay to build a massive power up for carrot mixed with her ability to control that form more than random minks. So yeah.. there are already some basis placed into the story to build that kind of power if necessary. Oda would just need to do the same work he did with the fruit of Luffy. Which is easy to do from a writing perspective.

*cringe*
:whitepress:
When did I say Luffy would beat kaido 1v1 match after whole cake island? Eh

Last edited:
Again. If an author wants a character to win.. they WILL win:

It's a famous Stan Lee quote, and you're right. An author is the God of his story. He can do whatever he wants.
But when an author creates a world based on a power scale, he must respect this logic. Otherwise the story would not be cosistent. That's why Carrot lost to Perospero.

But I don't understand the point of this debate. Carrot wouldn't have a better chance of joining the crew even if she beat Yamato.

Okay then explain why Marvel has multiverse while One Piece only has universe. You chose to ignore that point because that point makes your whole argument moot.

It’s ironic that this comes from someone who said “I don’t care” few replies ago.

Wua? You sure this not you?

In Marvel comics, it is. You seriously need to read more about American comics before you brought it up and embarrass yourself even further

I’m not, you are.. And badly. I was explaining the storytelling of Dark Phoenix Saga & the will of the writers to retcon it. Something you are completely ignoring right now.

LOL and you’re talking about storytelling. The argument is simple: because Luffy is the main character in One Piece. Comparing what Oda gives to Luffy and hoping that Oda would give it to Carrot shows how delusional you are my dude.

If I may suggest after Wano arc ends and you delete your account, you really need to get help by hiring a really competent psychiatrist.

It's a famous Stan Lee quote, and you're right. An author is the God of his story. He can do whatever he wants.
But when an author creates a world based on a power scale, he must respect this logic. Otherwise the story would not be cosistent. That's why Carrot lost to Perospero.

But I don't understand the point of this debate. Carrot wouldn't have a better chance of joining the crew even if she beat Yamato.
You're a new user. Before you attempt to use logic on this discussion, read at least the 10 previous pages of this thread.

For the record, the word “logic” doesn’t exist in his non-existent brain

When did say Luffy would beat kaido 1v1 match after whole cake island? Eh
He does that. Putting words in peoples mouth.
but oda doesn’t want too. If oda wants he can do whatever he wants but just like an Axis in the tales user stories have some certain rules they follow. So does Oda have rules that he doesn’t break. Because it would break the flow of one piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.