Current Events Will Kaido be defeated from Luffy's island sized punch?

Will Kaido be defeated by Luffy's island sized punch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gecko Moria appearing, as a member of Blackbeard's crew, to kill Kaidou and turn him into his zombie would be a cool way to end this arc while introducing the Blackbeard's as the new threats that the Straw Hats will have to deal with in the next arc or in another one.

This would also allow Zoro fanboys to keep hoping that Zoro will still have some chance of "killing" "Kaidou" by beating zombie Kaidou in the future.

Like I said....every arc, Luffy's fights are far longer than everyone else's.
Everyone else had a regular length fight.

Luffy's get collectively extended by the fact that he's always shut down or defeated by the boss at least once, but this has been going on for five volumes. And by the point where it's ready to end the boss is as worn down as he is. But we just had a chapter where Luffy couldn't even touch him, and you think this new thing will knock Kaido out?

No. We're still missing the inevitable Kaido flashback and we all know those cliffhangers never amount to anything in OP.

At best he hits Kaido and injures him even more, but it's basically guaranteed that we will get at least 2 or 3 more chapters afterwards.

And yes, if it was me, I would've ended the fight already. It's getting tiresome.

No. We're still missing the inevitable Kaido flashback and we all know those cliffhangers never amount to anything in OP.

At best he hits Kaido and injures him even more, but it's basically guaranteed that we will get at least 2 or 3 more chapters afterwards.

And yes, if it was me, I would've ended the fight already. It's getting tiresome.
You thought Larry, do we going to see Awakening Kaido at this point?

Luffy's get collectively extended by the fact that he's always shut down or defeated by the boss at least once, but this has been going on for five volumes. And by the point where it's ready to end the boss is as worn down as he is. But we just had a chapter where Luffy couldn't even touch him, and you think this new thing will knock Kaido out?
Kaido doesen't look concerned in the last panel maybe surprised by the size of that thing of a fist .
Luffys attack needs to land on Kaido first ,its massive but it doesen't really feel like luffys final attack for me, at least now .

Every Luffy fight "drags" though lol. Go and count it up. Virtually every fight lasts 8-12 chapters beyond the last fight (usually Zoro's, here it's Kid and Law).

And it's done to wrap up most other plotlines with it. There are clearly things he wanted to do (give more fight scenes, G5, Raizo/Water, Orochi, Momo resolve, etc).

It's only "dragging" because that's how you feel about it.
It's not "just dragging bc someone personally feels that way".

It's dragging bc their fight is now lasting almost 50 chapters (since they locked horns at the start of "roofpiece") with some small interruptions.

Those were entire sagas in the past, here it's just one fight ...

Compare that to Luffy vs Rob Lucci, which was the longest OP fight before: This one went down over a span of "merely" 18 chapters.

It's just tiresome at this point.

You thought Larry, do we going to see Awakening Kaido at this point?
I personally don't know how his awakening should look like tbh.

To me his DF is pretty straightforward, maybe his "assault mode" (big nose Kaido) was already his awakening.

When does any author set up the final attack of the fight at the end of a chapter, and then begin the next chapter with a finishing blow?

Never. It doesn't happen.

Not to mention, Kaido is absolutely under no certainty being setup to lose right here. There is no desperation for the people. The fire, which was the biggest threat for those on Onigashima has all been put out, eliminating the threat to them. Luffy's punch is of no threat to the people on Onigashima, because if Momo can't move the island, then Luffy would never go through with the punch. Kaido still needs to have his flashback. Orochi and Hiyori's plot is still ongoing.

Literally nothing says Kaido loses right now. He will not lose until ALL HOPE seems lost for EVERYONE. That's how Oda structures his arcs, and restoring that hope has always been the big payoff for how Oda executes the setup for villain finally losing. He doesn't have people dancing, and laughing, and enjoying life in the background, and removes all the threats for the people in the foreground. That's never happened.

This is supposed to be a pinnacle moment in the story of Luffy bringing the dawn to the people of the Country of Wano. There is no way on God's green earth that is happening right now with how everything is currently setup.
That happened with kidd and big mom tho

Oda isn't writing villain flashbacks the same way
BM got hers without falling...midway through the arc
Doffy and Law had their flashbacks linked

Kaido been getting flashbacks there and there
Bits by bits
Perhaps we will get his other ones when he's falling in defeat in the upcoming chapters

When was Gomu Gomu no Thunder meant to be a final attack? When was it ever teased as it? Was Luffy holding on to Kaido with that move? Kaido literally cannot get himself free from Luffys hand. Hes going to get hit by the punch.

It's not "just dragging bc someone personally feels that way".

It's dragging bc their fight is now lasting almost 50 chapters (since they locked horns at the start of "roofpiece") with some small interruptions.

Those were entire sagas in the past, here it's just one fight ...

Compare that to Luffy vs Rob Lucci, which was the longest OP fight before: This one went down over a span of "merely" 18 chapters.

It's just tiresome at this point.

I personally don't know how his awakening should look like tbh.

To me his DF is pretty straightforward, maybe his "assault mode" (big nose Kaido) was already his awakening.
Guys....counting the fight before all other fights are finished isn't what I'm even talking about, we are arguing about different thing and it's not the point im making. I get that this is the longest fight, but there is entirely a pattern Oda tends to follow about Luffy fights after the last opponent loses.

Ignore the "extended" time Luffy fights opponents when everyone else starts their fights. Just count them after Zoro wins (or in this arc after Kid and Law), they seem to always last 8-12 chapters. The exception being Katakuri (18 chapters), because there was no other fights that arc anyway.

If we do the same for Kaido, it will be the 8th chapter after BM, 9th or 10th if you count after Zoro and 1036 or 1037's full chapter fight. The exposition Luffy has gotten on this fight is long as shit for sure, but Kaido is a Yonko. However, it's been the same as most other arcs after the last opponent.

This is why I've constantly said he probably lose between 1049-1051 or it'll last around 10 chapters in my opinion the last few months.

hear me out what if kaidos awakening as something to do with his cloud flame so when luffy punches kaido he would finally lose control of onigashima then he would use his cloud flame for awakening and he and luffy would continue fighting in the sky and g5 would have to find a way to fly properly or maybe they would just fight at the outskirts of flower capital on the ground

When does any author set up the final attack of the fight at the end of a chapter, and then begin the next chapter with a finishing blow?

Never. It doesn't happen.

Not to mention, Kaido is absolutely under no certainty being setup to lose right here. There is no desperation for the people. The fire, which was the biggest threat for those on Onigashima has all been put out, eliminating the threat to them. Luffy's punch is of no threat to the people on Onigashima, because if Momo can't move the island, then Luffy would never go through with the punch. Kaido still needs to have his flashback. Orochi and Hiyori's plot is still ongoing.

Literally nothing says Kaido loses right now. He will not lose until ALL HOPE seems lost for EVERYONE. That's how Oda structures his arcs, and restoring that hope has always been the big payoff for how Oda executes the setup for villain finally losing. He doesn't have people dancing, and laughing, and enjoying life in the background, and removes all the threats for the people in the foreground. That's never happened.

This is supposed to be a pinnacle moment in the story of Luffy bringing the dawn to the people of the Country of Wano. There is no way on God's green earth that is happening right now with how everything is currently setup.
Agreed with most things from a story perspective.

Question is: How long do you want this arc to continue?

It already is really dragged out and even Japanese fans are getting annoyed and started complaining (sth that almost never happens).

We've been in Wano since 2018 (4 years aka 140 chapters) after all.

If this continues for another while, even many optimistic/positive fans will start to turn on Wano. It's already starting.

That happened with kidd and big mom tho
He did Silent Room and Bombs in the chapter before?
When was Gomu Gomu no Thunder meant to be a final attack? When was it ever teased as it? Was Luffy holding on to Kaido with that move? Kaido literally cannot get himself free from Luffys hand. Hes going to get hit by the punch.

Guys....counting the fight before all other fights are finished isn't what I'm even talking about, we are arguing about different thing and it's not the point im making. I get that this is the longest fight, but there is entirely a pattern Oda tends to follow about Luffy fights after the last opponent loses.

Ignore the "extended" time Luffy fights opponents when everyone else starts their fights. Just count them after Zoro wins (or in this arc after Kid and Law), they seem to always last 8-12 chapters. The exception being Katakuri (18 chapters), because there was no other fights that arc anyway.

If we do the same for Kaido, it will be the 8th chapter after BM, 9th or 10th if you count after Zoro and 1036 or 1037's full chapter fight. The exposition Luffy has gotten on this fight is long as shit for sure, but Kaido is a Yonko. However, it's been the same as most other arcs after the last opponent.

This is why I've constantly said he probably lose between 1049-1051 or it'll last around 10 chapters in my opinion the last few months.
I... never said that Thunder was supposed to be a finisher, lol.

And if you have to tell someone to ignore part of the story so that a different part works, that's a problem in itself.