Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, as other people said somewhere else, he's the personification of April Fools...
:queenhear:

When did say Luffy would beat kaido 1v1 match after whole cake island? Eh
That was a question..

But when an author creates a world based on a power scale, he must respect this logic
Yes.. But One Piece is not about powerscaling. Never was. The powerscaling comes from the fans not really from Oda himself.

Like you all know.. there is a broad range of Powers and you can know pretty much who is stronger than who.. but Oda can return that balance in the blink of an eye.

The only thing Oda has to do (and this is a foundamental storytelling rule) is prepare correctely that shift. That why it took almost 30 chapters to prepare the shift between Kaido VS Luffy. Creating a power so powerful yet so meaningfull that it made Luffy comes from a logical loser to a (future) logical winner.

Otherwise the story would not be cosistent. That's why Carrot lost to Perospero.
The reason Carrot lost to Perospero is because Carrot NEEDED to lose.

That debate and that fact is the FONDAMENTAL reason we ALL should take a good look at Carrot's defeat.

Like Perospero mentionned.. Carrot and Wanda had the potential to beat him. In fact I would go as far as saying that Carrot has the latent potential to surpass him. But this won't happen now but later. Right now.. what Oda needed ..

.. is a defeat.

As I keep saying: Carrot needed to learn something here. A harsh truth about her strenght, her life and her future as a pirate. It might be subtle.. but it's still there!

Carrot wouldn't have a better chance of joining the crew even if she beat Yamato.
She has a better chances.. but the devil lies in the details, not in the obvious.

Okay then explain why Marvel has multiverse while One Piece only has universe. You chose to ignore that point because that point makes your whole argument moot.
Like I said: different styles call for different writers.

A writer can be good at creating Spidermans stories but he will have hard time doing something more gore related.. that's why you call for different visions. One Piece is ONE vision so there is no need for different writers. At least in the manga.. and as you can see.. when the writer change, the style changes as well.. but the core stay the same.

In Marvel comics, it is. You seriously need to read more about American comics before you brought it up and embarrass yourself even further
No. Weither you are reading a manga, or a comic, or reading Victor Hugo or watching some SPielberg Movie or looking at a Moliere Play or Reading the Illiade or Playing God Of war..... o

The core of storytelling stays the same.

Only the style, (writing style / Support logic) changes. Stories are universal. It can transcends everything, even the human race.

Wua? You sure this not you?
Read again.. sigh.. :seriously:

I’m not, you are.. And badly. I was explaining the storytelling of Dark Phoenix Saga & the will of the writers to retcon it. Something you are completely ignoring right now.

Because that specific example is irrelevant. Like I said, it's not about one story. it's about every story.

The argument is simple: because Luffy is the main character in One Piece.
This argument as the same weight as someone saying "he won because plot" it's just the ignorance of the choice of the writer and the lack of understanding behind the preparation of said transformation.

If I may suggest after Wano arc ends and you delete your account, you really need to get help by hiring a really competent psychiatrist.
and we keep falling...

Oda could write Carrot being defeated in battle by the original, superior Carrot
Ninjin*
Post automatically merged:

but oda doesn’t want too. If oda wants he can do whatever he wants but just like an Axis in the tales user stories have some certain rules they follow. So does Oda have rules that he doesn’t break. Because it would break the flow of one piece.
The main rule of One Piece is simple : Everything is possible

A writer can be good at creating Spidermans story but he will have hard time doing something more gore related.. that's why you call for different visions. One Piece is ONE vision so there is no need for different writers. At least in the manga.. and as you can see.. when the writer change, the style changes as well.. but the core stay the same.
Okay then explain and give example of Marvel storyline, any arc or saga about “different styles call for different writers” and “storytelling core is the same.” If the storytelling core is the same, Marvel won’t have multiverse, my dude. Do you even know the difference between omniverse, multiverse, and universe? Sigh…

Your answer shows how completely clueless you are about comics; heck that’s why you brought Stan Lee in the first place.

Writers will have hard time writing gore related Spider-Man stories? LMAO you better be joking. There are plenty of gore-related Spidey stories. You are completely clueless about Marvel, aren’t you? Just admit it dude

No. Weither you are reading a manga, or a comic, or reading Victor Hugo or watching some SPielberg Movie or looking at a Moliere Play or Reading the Illiade or Playing God Of war..... o

Only the style, (writing style / Support logic) changes. Stories are universal. It can transcends everything, even the human race.
Of course the core will be the same. If not, it’s called fan fiction. Sigh…

Because that specific example is irrelevant. Like I said, it's not about one story. it's about every story.
You said that the core is still the same, and I was giving you example of how one story can connect even with present X-Men storyline.

IRRELEVANT? LMAO you better be joking. Dark Phoenix Saga is one of the most famous and best sagas in Marvel, and you consider it IRRELEVANT? Irrelevant because you have non existent storytelling comprehension. God, I’m literally laughing right now.:gokulaugh:

The way you consider it irrelevant shows how clueless you are about the difference between manga and American comics storytelling
:broocry:

This argument as the same weight as someone saying "he won because plot" it's just the ignorance of the choice of the writer and the lack of understanding behind the preparation of said transformation.
But you can’t change the fact that Luffy is the main character while Carrot is nobody.
:rosismile:

and we keep falling...
You are
:cheers:

Last edited:
:queenhear:

That was a question..

Yes.. But One Piece is not about powerscaling. Never was. The powerscaling comes from the fans not really from Oda himself.

Like you all know.. there is a broad range of Powers and you can know pretty much who is stronger than who.. but Oda can return that balance in the blink of an eye.

The only thing Oda has to do (and this is a foundamental storytelling rule) is prepare correctely that shift. That why it took almost 30 chapters to prepare the shift between Kaido VS Luffy. Creating a power so powerful yet so meaningfull that it made Luffy comes from a logical loser to a (future) logical winner.

That debate and that fact is the FONDAMENTAL reason we ALL should take a good look at Carrot's defeat.

Like Perospero mentionned.. Carrot and Wanda had the potential to beat him. In fact I would go as far as saying that Carrot has the latent potential to surpass him. But this won't happen now but later. Right now.. what Oda needed ..

.. is a defeat.

As I keep saying: Carrot needed to learn something here. A harsh truth about her strenght, her life and her future as a pirate. It might be subtle.. but it's still there!

She has a better chances.. but the devil lies in the details, not in the obvious.

A writer can be good at creating Spidermans stories but he will have hard time doing something more gore related.. that's why you call for different visions. One Piece is ONE vision so there is no need for different writers. At least in the manga.. and as you can see.. when the writer change, the style changes as well.. but the core stay the same.

Read again.. sigh.. :seriously:

and we keep falling...

Ninjin*

Carrot lost fight it was completely off screen. You didn’t see carrot fight against Perospero in second round did you? There difference between Brook and Carrot lost though. Brook fight displayed while Carrot fight was skip over. Not only that one of strawhats came Brook aid and his defense. While cat viper step in for carrot and wanda. Carrot didn’t show any sense unworthy or inability to be better for luffy in the future. When cat viper did defeat Perospero she was relieved he did it.

Last edited:
Except Carrot joining the strawhats. That’s impossible

Carrot lost fight it was completely off screen. You didn’t see carrot fight against Perospero in second round did you? There difference between Brook and Carrot lost though. Brook fight displayed while Carrot fight was skip over. Not only that one of strawhats came Brook aid and his defense. While cat viper step in for carrot and wanda. Carrot didn’t show any sense unworthy or inability to be better for luffy future. When cat viper did defeat Perospero she was relieved he did it.
Good point. Brook was even shown reflecting about his loss and Zoro fighting him. Questioning himself and wanting to become stronger.
Meanwhile carrot: …

I'm not saying that One Piece is only based on powerscaling. But power IS a thing. The story established the concept of the Three Great Powers very early, and we know that Emperors are the big bosses for a while. Of course the power scalling will change, Luffy has to become the pirate king in the end so he has to balance it.
But it just means that Luffy and his crew are getting stronger. It doesn't change the fact that One Piece is still based on power scales (not as much as Dragon Ball, but still is).

.. is a defeat.

Ok, sure. I can consider it. It doesn't change the fact that Perospero was too strong for her though.

How ? What details ?

Defeat means putting someone out of commission. In other words : to render them useless and getting the ability to do it again if necessary. We don't care about strenght comparisons in that situation, Big Mom was defeated fair and square. She is out.. for now at least.
Then why we haven't seen Bigmom unconscious like with King and queen the reason? U really think that bigmom was going all out during that? She hasn't been using her ACOC attack not to mention during the she was using hera alone 😂😂

Well I'm the only one here pleading the case of Carrot so yeah.. logically, i'm the only one who see stuff about her.
No because you are a dreamer cause you love to make up stuff that's isn't there so you are in la-la land

Like I said. Some things are fast. And others are EXTREMELY FAST. The thunder Bagua may be fast, is not at the speed of a Lighting fast characters. (at least not in my mind) Plus we are talking her about Kaido which is on a completely different level of speed than Yamato. So it's irrelevant to talk about Yamato.
Didn't Yamato was matching kaido in the thunder bagua clash thou? Did you read the story? 😩

Again. If an author wants a character to win.. they WILL win
How will carrot win when Yamato isn't a villain in the story 😩 also I am talking about overall strength and feats something carrot isn't shown in the story itself

, I think she can tank one or two at least (In sulong). you may forget it, but carrot is a brawl fighter. She is very tanky.
:suresure:
You really think that carrot can takes a ACOC attack one and two 😭😭? Carrot isn't shown to be a brawl fighter Kidd is an example of a brawler not carrot. Also carrot isn't strong enough to at least get a thunder bagua not even in her sulong form also did kaido in his base form destroy cat viper and dog storm? So are you saying that carrot is more superior than them? Not to mention Yamato is an Oni race too and we haven't seen any Minks that can take an ACOC attack so I think you are overdoing with with carrot again 😩.

Well technically yes.. Yamato is a bit too powerful to join the crew.
Y'all say the same thing about Jinbei and look where he's is right now 😂😭

Last edited:
Okay then explain and give example of Marvel storyline, any arc or saga about “different styles call for different writers” and “storytelling core is the same.” If the storytelling core is the same, Marvel won’t have multiverse, my dude. Do you even know the difference between omniverse, multiverse, and universe? Sigh…
The guardians of the galaxy and Spiderman. Two very different style of writing but the same core storytelling logic.

You don't understand me when I'm talking about storytelling core and frankly this is a bit too advanced to explain it here. I suggest you read some book about myths, storytelling and the creation of stories (Joseph Campbell is a good start tho not the only good reference). See with @Sigran101 maybe he will have the patience to explain you why stories cores are universal as I'm sure he understands that notion.

Your answer shows how completely clueless you are about comics; heck that’s why you brought Stan Lee in the first place.

Writers will have hard time writing gore related Spider-Man stories?
Yeah.. You are out of the subject here. Never said that. I said that writers have specialities, there are codes to horror's stories just like there are codes to Shonens. Still, even if those writers may have hardtime with the codes, they should all know the principal: being the core of storytelling and "how" to create a good story.

You said that the core is still the same, and I was giving you example of how one story can connect even with present X-Men storyline.

IRRELEVANT? LMAO you better be joking. Dark Phoenix Saga is one of the most famous and best sagas in Marvel, and you consider it IRRELEVANT? Irrelevant because you have non existent storytelling comprehension. God, I’m literally laughing right now.:gokulaugh:

You are really having an obsession with comics, but what I just told you applies to every kind of support and stories you know.. Stan Lee was just giving the answer of an average writer, not just a comic writer.

The way you consider it irrelevant shows how clueless you are about the difference between manga and American comics storytelling
Sigh.. talking with flat earthers is a pain..

But you can’t change the fact that Luffy is the main character while Carrot is nobody.
This has nothing to do with the argument. Your statement is irrelevant.

There difference between Brook and Carrot lost though
No, there is no difference. Both fight brought conflict. Which was the point. Having conflict during the fight or after it is similar, and the end of the day, the character is challenged all the same.

Except Carrot joining the strawhats. That’s impossible
We will see about that :cheers:

Good point. Brook was even shown reflecting about his loss and Zoro fighting him. Questioning himself and wanting to become stronger.
Meanwhile carrot: …
Like I said, that development has been setup, so it's coming ;)
*Everything IN THE REALM OF PROBABILITY AND LOGIC is possible...
Yup, the logic of One Piece, which is very broad. So, anything is possible.

I'm not saying that One Piece is only based on powerscaling. But power IS a thing. The story established the concept of the Three Great Powers very early, and we know that Emperors are the big bosses for a while. Of course the power scalling will change, Luffy has to become the pirate king in the end so he has to balance it.
But it just means that Luffy and his crew are getting stronger. It doesn't change the fact that One Piece is still based on power scales (not as much as Dragon Ball, but still is).
I agree to a certain limit. In fact, One Piece powerscaling ressemble more of a giant web rather than a scale.

Ok, sure. I can consider it. It doesn't change the fact that Perospero was too strong for her though.
Perospero was more lucky than stronger in my opinion.

How ? What details ?
I give answers here on my blog.

Then why we haven't seen Bigmom unconscious like with King and queen the reason? U really think that bigmom was going all out during that? She hasn't been using her ACOC attack not to mention during the she was using hera alone
There is a bias among fans..

That everycharacter are like machine and should (if given the occasion) use everything in there arsenal.

That bias completely ignore the fact that characters are humans. They make mistakes, they forget, they are reckless, they use instincts, they use creativity..

Big Mom tried her best. And her best wasn't enough. That's how it is. Just accept it.

Didn't Yamato was matching kaido in the thunder bagua clash thou? Did you read the story? 😩
What I saw was Yamato taking hard hits and not Kaido.

How will carrot win when Yamato isn't a villain in the story 😩 also I am talking about overall strength and feats something carrot isn't shown in the story itself
This is a thoughts experiment. Try to project yourself mate..

in the case of a Yamato VS Carrot fan. The winner will be the one Oda chooses to be.

You really think that carrot can takes a ACOC attack one and two 😭😭? Carrot isn't shown to be a brawl fighter Kidd is an example of a brawler not carrot. Also carrot isn't strong enough to at least get a thunder bagua not even in her sulong form also did kaido in his base form destroy cat viper and dog storm? So are you saying that carrot is more superior than them? Not to mention Yamato is an Oni race too and we haven't seen any Minks that can take an ACOC attack so I think you are overdoing with with carrot again 😩.

You can't proves that. On the other hand I can prove that Carrot can take a beating. In fact After her defeat against Perospero. Carrot was on the ground while still counscious and stuck while wanda was out of commission.

Carrot can take a hit. It's just facts. You claimis just biaised by the stature of Carrot. But just as Luffy might be small but strong, Carrot is pretty tanky and strong too. You are underestimating her too much.

Y'all say the same thing about Jinbei and look where he's is right now
Jinbe was never too powerfull to join the crew.

The guardians of the galaxy and Spiderman. Two very different style of writing but the same core storytelling logic.

You don't understand me when I'm talking about storytelling core and frankly this is a bit too advanced to explain it here. I suggest you read some book about myths, storytelling and the creation of stories (Joseph Campbell is a good start tho not the only good reference). See with @Sigran101 maybe he will have the patience to explain you why stories cores are universal as I'm sure he understands that notion.

Yeah.. You are out of the subject here. Never said that. I said that writers have specialities, there are codes to horror's stories just like there are codes to Shonens. Still, even if those writers may have hardtime with the codes, they should all know the principal: being the core of storytelling and "how" to create a good story.

You are really having an obsession with comics, but what I just told you applies to every kind of support and stories you know.. Stan Lee was just giving the answer of an average writer, not just a comic writer.

No, there is no difference. Both fight brought conflict. Which was the point. Having conflict during the fight or after it is similar, and the end of the day, the character is challenged all the same.

I agree to a certain limit. In fact, One Piece powerscaling ressemble more of a giant web rather than a scale.

That everycharacter are like machine and should (if given the occasion) use everything in there arsenal.

That bias completely ignore the fact that characters are humans. They make mistakes, they forget, they are reckless, they use instincts, they use creativity..

Big Mom tried her best. And her best wasn't enough. That's how it is. Just accept it.

in the case of a Yamato VS Carrot fan. The winner will be the one Oda chooses to be.

You can't proves that. On the other hand I can prove that Carrot can take a beating. In fact After her defeat against Perospero. Carrot was on the ground while still counscious and stuck while wanda was out of commission.

Carrot can take a hit. It's just facts. You claimis just biaised by the stature of Carrot. But just as Luffy might be small but strong, Carrot is pretty tanky and strong too. You are underestimating her too much.

You can talk and make up reasonings as much as you want.
Carrot still won't join.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think you guys are talking about different things. What Joseung is trying to say is that since different authors of the same marvel comics create their own seperate universe with alternate reality versions of the characters, they can completely change the rules from the ones the other authors follow and make everyone's strength wildly different from the way other comics portray them. Because of this you have shit like Solomun Grundy beating up Superman in some comics and losing a fistfight with Batman in others. Basically what he's saying is that American comics aren't a good comparison to anime as far as powerscaling goes because of this. If anime had the wildly inconsistent powerscaling of comics, it would seem really weird since most animes don't have an in universe explanation like that. But imo this would be more like if Zoro had an extreme diff fight against Montdor in the next arc while Ussop fights Big Mom. I think what you're saying about Carrot is pretty innocuous, but I agree that marvel isn't really relevant here.

That said, the words storytelling core aren't accurate to this, and I think that's what's confusing here.

I agree with Jo that Marvel doesn't really apply here, but overall I agree with you that Oda can make Carrot much stronger if he wants to. Luffy got ACoA, ACoC, and awakening/gear 5 to bring him from barely extreme diffing Kata, to beating Kaido 1v1. Oda can make Carrot stronger if he wants to, but I highly doubt he will ever make her as strong as Yamato (I know that's not exactly what you're saying, I'm just saying it for the people talking about that). I think more than being too weak, the limitation on when she can use su long is an issue, but Oda can easily come up with a solution to that if he wants to. If Carrot joins the crew he can just make another magic mink medicine type of thing that forces su long or give her some kind of moon rock that triggers it.

Imo this one is a non issue, she's stronger than Ussop so she's strong enough to join. It's more of an issue for the likes of Vivi and Hiyori.

U really think that fight that bigmom was doing is Yonko worthy? She literally didn't use her Best Attacks look at kaido right now and look at bigmom we all see who is going all out cause both kidd and law couldn't beat bigmom that's why they push her off the island with the bombs

Didn't Yamato make kaido bleed? Didn't yamato push passed kaido's defense when she her ice power? Didn't yamato was literally hitting the shit out of kaido , didn't yamato get back up after all of kaido attacks when the scabbards couldn't and still give him a next attack? I guess you didn't read the Yamato vs kaido chapter

The so-called fight against her and perospero tell us what we need to know she isn't like bigmom and Yamato who can take powerful attacks and explosion attacks
Carrot strength isn't like you think it is and you know that cause the things Yamato doing carrot can't do not even in her sulong form cause we all see what happens to cat viper and dog storm when was fighting kaido in his human form so I think u giving carrot too much I never said that she is weak but she isn't on Yamato level in strength and techniques. Sorry to tell you that can't she isn't that strong.

Jinbe was never too powerfull to join the crew
Jinbe was a Warlord and look at every warlord and tell me if you think jinbei wasn't powerful 😂😭

Last edited:
I think you guys are talking about different things. What Joseung is trying to say is that since different authors of the same marvel comics create their own seperate universe with alternate reality versions of the characters, they can completely change the rules from the ones the other authors follow and make everyone's strength wildly different from the way other comics portray them.
You are right, we are indeed not talking about the same thing.

Basically what he's saying is that American comics aren't a good comparison to anime as far as powerscaling goes because of this
That I can understand. But this was not my point. This was not a comparison of Comics VS Manga, but a takes on the author's will on their stories. And the fact that even if the codes are not respected or done fully, there will always be a way for a protagonist like character to win the day if the author chooses so. That's why we can't agree here.

In short the problem here is not the will of the author, it's a problem of doing a good preparation for those storyline.

For example. A fist fight between Arrow and Superman would not make sence.. UNLESS you prepare the character and the fight well. Like giving Kyptonite to Queen.

In other words: Inconsistancy in the powerscaling is not about the author's wish, it's about the quality of the story.

And in One Piece as long as the story stays good.. everything is possible.

That said, the words storytelling core aren't accurate to this, and I think that's what's confusing here.
It's accurante when we are talking about the base principal of story creation like I was. But indeed, the conversation here are too different to be understood.

da can make Carrot stronger if he wants to, but I highly doubt he will ever make her as strong as Yamato
I agree, that was just a thought experiment. I highly doubt that he would do that too, but if he had to.. there are a lot of creative ways to do it.

U really think that fight that bigmom was doing is Yonko worthy?
Yes.

She literally didn't use her Best Attacks look at kaido right now
She did in the context of the fight.

And like I said.. a cahracter won't always use his best attacks.

Doing ht best you can do =/= using your best moves.

That's called being human. The story would feel inorganic if Big Mom were to uses constantly her best moves. Not to say less believable as she was fighting for a long time too with less stamina.

both kidd and law couldn't beat bigmom that's why they push her off the island with the bombs
That's called defeating someone

Status
Not open for further replies.