Capitalism ruins everything, Peter Jackson was able to adapt the lotr into its own working fantasy on the big screen, yet he completely butchered the hobbit because "muh trilogy" :gonope:
Smaug is great though, the idea to make him into a wyvern and his movement with his skinny claws and wing has a sinister charm to it
I wouldn't even say he "butchered" the Hobbit.

It's just not nearly as good as the absolute timeless masterpiece LOTR is (only a handful of movies can even dare to compare themselves to that trilogy tbh).

If you compare the Hobbit movies to a lot of adaptations and ideology driven poo-poo we get today, it's not bad at all.

We must try to stop with that pessimism. It poisons our minds. We are all going to die anyways, so what do we lose if we take things into our own hands?
Because there's nothing i can take with my "own hands", yes i still pay attention to the people in charge and use my vote actually thinking about it, but when your options are "shit" and "almost as shit as the first option" and "shit in another way compared to the first two options", you kinda just say fuck it right?

All i can fucking do is try to survive and entertain my brain to death

and even that gets harder each day with prices going up and salaries staying frozen for the past decade

Capitalism in theory is not the same as in practice. It's extremely flawed.

The US is a "1st world" country with quite literally "3rd world" cities and counties everywhere.
Exactly.

However, if you compare the state of those “3rd world” countries now to how they were 50 years ago it’s night and day.

There were 60 major wars in the 1970s, there’s only about 4 today,