[FNZ] Role Madness A Song of Ice and Fire: Game of Thrones Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you saying you silly chicken.

Do you take issue with the particular players I have suspected, how many, or just my general approach to the game
The way you just brushed off why a new player like Arp might react the way he did to being suspected left a bad taste in my mouth, and it _felt_ like you kept shading every which way after that as well. Idk if this is just your style but it rubbed me the wrong way. The Wakanda stuff was whatever.

I have little confidence in my reads so far as its early and

Ignoring how im the focus Soulkiller and Neeko both seem to be actively working on things so they're probably town.

RippedCal mostly seems to be playing as they did in my previous game with them when they were Town

Iffy vibe on Ultra, short posts of not much before pouncing after an entrance post.

Tpein getting in an early Miller claim apropos nothing feels off to me as well laying groundwork for something?
Actually, claiming miller early is typically considered to be a correct approach.

So you have Ultra and Tpein as your scum leans so far?

The way you just brushed off why a new player like Arp might react the way he did to being suspected left a bad taste in my mouth, and it _felt_ like you kept shading every which way after that as well. Idk if this is just your style but it rubbed me the wrong way. The Wakanda stuff was whatever.
I really don't feel like I brushed it off. My point was that Arp needs to establish some proactive play so that a meaningful distinction can be made to determine whether that's a scum reaction or a frustrated townie. Newbie players should be easier to read if anything but if they don't give much or anything to work with then it's not worth preemptively brushing them off unless you think the reaction was distinctively newbie town.

As for my follow up, he accused *me* of not being substantive, so I responded. Wdym shading every which way.

Did/do you have any particular read on Arp?

Arp comes across as pretty defensive even after having it explained to him that majority vote is actually harder to reach than plurality.

I certainly don't agree with giving him a pass just because he's new(ish?), just because he hasn't contributed proactively whatsoever, and that is the most obvious way to discern the alignment of a newer player.

That's a fair assessment of him. But considering you found his initial behavior suspect, it felt like your turnaround on him came rather easily.
I interacted with him quite alot in the last game we played together and he is def smarter than your average joe and knows how to play. People who are trying to brush him off cause he gives them 'newbie' vibe is meh.

More like null at the moment, very slightly town if at all.

Also, this push from Ultra on Wakanda Forever seemed fake to me, as it was likely to be a simple wording mistake from Wakanda.
He already mentioned it wasn't a real push and I for one thought that much was obvious to begin with.

The way you're talking about Chevy makes it feel like you shouldn't be reading him town at all methinks.

Emil

Certified Memelord
Village leans so far:

Michelle; I liked the early village leans as strong village will often look to find other village first and she was the first to do so.

Chevy(not so much for his questioning of me, but I like this exchange with charlie and the fact he's calling out someone that gave him a village lean because really scum have no incentive to do that).

Fuji has vibed town to me too.

Ratchet; had a similar reaction to chevy's questioning of me as I did and I like when people mindmeld!

I feel like there was one more, but I may have forgotten their name. I'll try doing this regularly because otherwise everyone will blur together.
i dont recall ratchet reacting much to the chevy thing. which posts of his before page 11 are u referring to?

what a shame, not many ppl by page 10 are talking about cal/neeko/chevy

honestly town lean on michele/reborn. atleast they r trying to find who is town / discuss what they think about the trio above ^

was expecting to see something from soul about the matter. shame soul just rolled scum didnt he :pepehands:
Well, I understand you town read Nekko based on this exchange, but not Chevy. Do you have a read on RippedCal?

What do you have for me apart from that post which felt forced to you? That post happened to in reply made by the same person whom you also scum read along with me.
Ratchet is known to interact with his scum partners when he is scum himself so it does not matter what his alignment at the end of the day really is, I agreed with his post that it's indeed weird and if he did not point it out I would of pointed it out myself. But other than that.

>Lack of scum hunt
>Your posts feels fake/forced

I'll need to reread and focus more on your posts but I am not getting any good vibes from you which is more than enough to have you in my scum pile for now.

not a big fan of the early self-awareness. a townie doesnt care more or less for town points and you pointing this out clearly indicates you are atleast *subconsciously* aware of your own posts

i mean the post itself said RVS which I assume to mean random voting. i appreciate you entering into the thread without fluffing, i just find it interesting that this is the one post that piques your attention from the other posts up to page 3ish. unless you are required to - as per your role - to reply and question votes, then thats a different thing.

personally not a fan of this post. let the man speculate as he want. there is 0 harm to some flavor discussion. its barely page 3. we are not interested in seeing this fake contribution attempt, ratchy
Good first post with Ekko and I generally agree with everything he said so far.

I really don't feel like I brushed it off. My point was that Arp needs to establish some proactive play so that a meaningful distinction can be made to determine whether that's a scum reaction or a frustrated townie. Newbie players should be easier to read if anything but if they don't give much or anything to work with then it's not worth preemptively brushing them off unless you think the reaction was distinctively newbie town.

As for my follow up, he accused *me* of not being substantive, so I responded. Wdym shading every which way.

Did/do you have any particular read on Arp?
This sounds much more reasonable and nuanced and I feel the same way about Arp. It's hard to elaborate without just regurgitating your post here so ima leave it at that.

Idk man I woke up and felt grumpy and felt like jumping at the first thing that caught my eye and it just happened to be you lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.