Character Discussion Zoro vs. Sanji: Who got more W's through proving their haters wrong?

A W here is defined as a character surpassing the expectations of his haters.

Example: Sanji fans claiming that Zoro will not even reach the roof top, which he did. Meaning, Zoro surpassed that expectation and earned a legitimate W. Since I, so spontaneously know of no W in Sanji's favor, I'd list those Ws regarding Zoro I can think of spontaneously. Maybe the Sanji fandom will help me out with Sanji here.

Zoro's Ws so far:

> Claim: Zoro won't reach the roof top. Reality: He did. --> W
> Claim: Zoro won't fight Kaido. Reality: He did. --> W
> Claim: Zoro won't reopen Kaido's scar or scar him. Reality: He did. --> W
> Claim: Zoro won't fight King, Sanji will. Reality: Zoro fought King. --> W
> Claim: Zoro won't have Conqueror's Haki. Reality: Zoro has. --> W

5x W for Zoro. Which in turn means 5x L for his haters. Should there be Ws I forgot, feel free to comment.

tbh haven't heard anyone claiminig this aside from trolls. Because Sanji vs. Queen was pretty obvious given the hierarchy (Sanji being No 3 and Queen being No 3).
People thought he wouldn't fight Queen because him and Jack were heading to the same area for a couple of chapters

When Jack got back up iirc they were both heading to the area with the scabbards
Post automatically merged:

As for the "won't fight a commander" thing it was kinda funny

Some people thought he was gonna have a rematch with Page One since Jinbei was fighting a member of the Flying Six

Though I'd chock that up to them being Sanji haters/trolls

People thought he wouldn't fight Queen because him and Jack were heading to the same area for a couple of chapters
Ah, I see. Well, in this case I wouldn't define it as classical hate. Because the point of the thread was that those claims were made based on the assumption that Zoro is either not strong enough or too insignificant, rather than saying that the build up of the story indicates a specific role for Zoro.

honestly there weren't much predictions regarding sanji pulling something grandiose

but He did fight King and Queen at the same time so thats a W

he didn't use the RS so that's a W

He didn't fight Page 1 again so that's a W

He didn't fight Jack so that's a W

He didn't fight perspero directly and whooped him regardless that's an L for those who thought that's his main fight but a W for sanji

Sanji still the 3rd strongest with the "wings" development and zoro parallels so that's a W for sanji and L to those who thought he's a cook and he'll just back down

Sanji's new flames is a W coz some thought he'd turn into okama (ok this is dumb ik)

some said sanji won't be Yc1 tier post WANO.. guess this fight and his OU has something to say about that..... so W imo

some thought that It will be a grouo fight against Queen so big L... and it was solo with sanji's body acting up and him not wearing RS.. W for Wanji

sanji durability trash? ... L... and W for sanji

Ah, I see. Well, in this case I wouldn't define it as classical hate. Because the point of the thread was that those claims were made based on the assumption that Zoro is either not strong enough or too insignificant, rather than saying that the build up of the story indicates a specific role for Zoro.
Fair enough

I'd still put the "won't fight a commander one" up there though

he didn't use the RS so that's a W
I'd see this as a controversial W, since the claim of Sanji using the RS was made in the context of not knowing Sanji will unlock his genetics to gain great durability and an advanced version of his DJ.
Sanji's new flames is a W coz some thought he'd turn into okama (ok this is dumb ik)
Yeah, I mean some claims are just (half) trolls. I excluded those for Zoro too. :catpole:

I'd see this as a controversial W, since the claim of Sanji using the RS was made in the context of not knowing Sanji will unlock his genetics to gain great durability and an advanced version of his DJ.

Yeah, I mean some claims are just (half) trolls. I excluded those for Zoro too. :catpole:
Actually the counter argument would be that sanji hadn't eveb developed his germa abilities yet according to sanji he was still damaging Queen consistently.. so the need for Rs Is still in questions innt.. that sanji would require it to penetrate Queen's defence which turned out to be false

and yes tbh some sanji fans also claimed such so i won't really call then haters for this lol

and yea the Okama stuff was a gag

"Sanji won't fight a commander" wasn't a troll people legitimately believed that Sanji entering Onigashima was just veteran level
"Jinbe will kick Sanji out of the M3"
"Sanji will only get science based powers and won't use haki"
"Sanji Drake and Apoo will 3 v 1 Queen"
"Sanji will be overshined by Drake"

These were some of the non trolly takes about sanji, although the trolly takes were mostly just funny

Zoro:

Won't meet Kaidou ---> He was among Roof Five
Won't hurt Kaidou ---> He Hurt Kaidou (Not only once)
He won't continue the Fight after being hit by Hakai ---> He continued to help take down BM & then fought Kaidou
Hiryu Kaen will be his Best Feat facing Kaidou ---> He used Asura later
Won't give Kaidou a New Scar ---> Gave him a New Scar with Asura
Won't fight King ---> He defeated King
King will break his Sword ---> No such thing happened
Won't Unlock CoC ---> Not only he Unlocked CoC but also Advanced Coating
Will Kill Orochi (That's his ZKK Moment) ---> Never met Orochi during the Raid
Won't wake up/appear Post-King Fight until Kaidou is defeated ---> He woke up & we had a very intriguing Shinigami Scene

Basically around 10 W

Zoro:

Won't meet Kaidou ---> He was among Roof Five
Won't hurt Kaidou ---> He Hurt Kaidou (Not only once)
He won't continue the Fight after being hit by Hakai ---> He continued to help take down BM & then fought Kaidou
Hiryu Kaen will be his Best Feat facing Kaidou ---> He used Asura later
Won't give Kaidou a New Scar ---> Gave him a New Scar with Asura
Won't fight King ---> He defeated King
King will break his Sword ---> No such thing happened
Won't Unlock CoC ---> Not only he Unlocked CoC but also Advanced Coating
Will Kill Orochi (That's his ZKK Moment) ---> Never met Orochi during the Raid
Won't wake up/appear Post-King Fight until Kaidou is defeated ---> He woke up & we had a very intriguing Shinigami Scene

Basically around 10 W
WON'T HURT KAIDO WITH ENMA WITH HIM?!

WAS THIS AN INFAMOUS TAKE?

King breaking his SWROD wasn't a hater take it was for Ni dai plot.

Dragon Blaze strongest? don't remember that being a hot take given he literally said Ashura is later on

Zoro not fighting King wasn't a hater take.. even Z bois were on board with it.. remember how they got exposed for calling it a low diff against King?

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
Zoro was below Doflamingo ❌️
Zoro was only vet level coming out of the timeskip ❌️
Zoro vs YC3 Denjiro ❌️
Zoro vs Who's Who ❌️
"No... no way can Zoro jump from fighting just Pica to taking on 2 top tiers!!!!?" ❌️
"No... no way can Zoro jump from fighting Pica to beating the strongest yc!!!!!!?" ❌️
Zoro will never get same powerup as luffy in the same arc, especially since Zoro hasn't even got the basic version of CoC ❌️

Easily Zoro. This is just counting Wano.

Zoro was below Doflamingo ❌️
Zoro was only vet level coming out of the timeskip ❌️
Zoro vs YC3 Denjiro ❌️
Zoro vs Who's Who ❌️
"No... no way can Zoro jump from fighting just Pica to taking on 2 top tiers!!!!?" ❌️
"No... no way can Zoro jump from fighting Pica to beating the strongest yc!!!!!!?" ❌️
Zoro will never get same powerup as luffy in the same arc, especially since Zoro hasn't even got the basic version of CoC ❌️

Easily Zoro. This is just counting Wano.
these aren't even famous takes fam.. i don't even remember them.. look at our posts and you'd realize how prevalent the shit parade was around sanji.. well known infact