Status
Not open for further replies.
Oda did setup it such that he can't not show Kaido awakening when he himself talked about it without people criticising it. Unlike BM whom he just avoid ed talking about it.
That and it's possible that there is a canonical reason for why BM couldn't use it. Maybe using her awakening takes too much of her life force. Maybe he's saving it for some later event.

Again, not sure why he would do this, but there can be explanations given eventually.

Makes sense. And thanks for the research btw. But it honestly brings up another issue, why did BM not awaken too? She’s had her fruit even longer than Kaido and they fought for 3 straight days so she’s definitely as strong or a bit less than Kaido. Why not awaken and beat Law and Kidd?
I mentioned this just above. It's possible Oda is saving it for some other reason. Maybe it takes too much of her lifespan, or maybe awakening for her doesn't have a direct battle application.

I agree though it is weird. At least Kaido is talking about it, and it's important that the MC fights an awakened opponent since the previous 2 were as well.

No, I'm saying that BECAUSE Law already talked about awakening with him right before this and we never saw the moves before, we know now it's their awakening. That's it. In all instances, awakening has been clearly defined:

Then Kaido confirms that awakened zoans transform:

So really all this suggests is just 1 of 2 things:

- Kaido can't awaken, which sounds ridiculous
- Kaido can and just hasn't.

Zoan awakenings clearly are not temporary transformations and in every instance, Oda has highlighted it. Now, I'm not saying this is a guarantee that it's meant to show up after this punch, but clearly Oda knows the difference and has highlighted it before. So yes, it'd be a major issue if Kaido does not show it or never implies to have used it.
Or a third possibility he has awakened and Oda isn't showing how he's awakened.

It could be the whole fish -> dragon thing is the awakening, or his buff-hybrid forms were it. Or maybe flaming Kaido.

No, I'm saying that BECAUSE Law already talked about awakening with him right before this and we never saw the moves before, we know now it's their awakening. That's it. In all instances, awakening has been clearly defined:

Zoan awakenings clearly are not temporary transformations and in every instance, Oda has highlighted it. Now, I'm not saying this is a guarantee that it's meant to show up after this punch, but clearly Oda knows the difference and has highlighted it before. So yes, it'd be a major issue if Kaido does not show it or never implies to have used it.
Or he simply isn't awakened.

As much as people hate on it I think Kaido not having an awakening would be an interesting twist when you consider the nature of him and how he got fruits.

What might be more interesting is Luffy is the one to actually awaken Kaido because after all this time he finally has the right conditions and the right mental state to awaken

That and it's possible that there is a canonical reason for why BM couldn't use it. Maybe using her awakening takes too much of her life force. Maybe he's saving it for some later event.

Again, not sure why he would do this, but there can be explanations given eventually.
Maybe her awakening needs a bunch of homies

that's why she said she didn't have enough souls / homies to deal with Marco, because she thought she had to use awakening to deal with him

and that's why she couldn't use against Law and Kid, because Kid had control over most of her metal homies and Law could fuck them around with Room + Shambles

Status
Not open for further replies.