Has Kaido been defeated!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's face it Luffy is a hero. He is written to be one. What he's doing rn for Wano he'll do for the entire world in the future.

What narrative Akainu vs Luffy has apart from their personal beef?

Akainu is just like Kaido an oppressor but on a global scale as he's ruling the world's military which again watches over every part of the One piece world.

Luffy defeats Imu and dethrones the WG, what happens after that when nobody takes care of Akainu?
Will he just be voted out of office ? Will he retire ?

Akainu has to be beaten and what narrative point does it serve for Sabo to do that. I see no reason that makes more sense for Sabo to be his oponnent than Luffy.

Luffy never gave two shits about the Void century, but Dragon does.

Concerning the PL point, again, if Oda wants it something like Power levels will not stand in his way to make it reality.
I only see Akainu as a grand villain if he loosens himself from the WG for his own agenda. Until then, he just represents the outer face of the WG and is told to stfu by the Gorosei. In terms of Hierarchy, it is:

Im -> Gorosei -> Kong -> Akainu

What is Akainu's influence on a grand scale?

Imu: Ruled and enslaved the world for 800 years

Kaido: Enslaved Wano for 20 years, with the country playing an important role in the context of the history, with the WG being unable to lay hand on it for centuries

Blackbeard: Wants to destroy the world and/or put it into chaos

Akainu: Being an admiral just 2 years ago, with his main duties being serving as a shield for the Tenryuubito and executing orders of the higher ups. Now being a fleet admiral and in command of all the marines, yet still having to answer to the higher ups and having his arms tied when it comes to the most important decisions. Being (one of the) final villains would be anti climatic unless Akainu really goes berserk vs. the WG.

:milaugh:

Good joke bro. We went a raid/war with absolutely no deaths.

Usopp will lead the Grand Fleet into battle. That’s his endgame big moment
I think there will be a few token deaths at least. Like the battle will end and we find out that Ashura Doji was fatally founded or something
Wano's inspired by old samurai movies like Seven Samurai and usually at least a couple of the good guys die in those movies

Oda is ok with Ace and Sabo being stalemated by Smoker and you think that Sabo gets to beat Akainu? That doesn't make any sense, Sabo's awakening can't be better than Akainu's, DF vs DF Sabo loses. Haki vs haki? Who knows, after King not having CoC and BM not having awakening and CoC coating I gave up on the idea that every semi important and EoS character has these abilities, it's not for everyone.

God we need the Goats back.
Its what's left. So after this point it will be centered more on them. Oda certainly created a lot of characters and spent a lot of time on one's people dont often care for, but one of the best decisions he's made (and I think people will eventually agree with) is that he's saved all of his best characters for last. Literally.....all of them lol.

@Wiwi before wano arc start kaido fans would literally laugh at you if you say kinemon cut kaido or made him bleed.

Kaiso scar is people think from Roger or Whitebeard or even Akainu. Turn out it is oden and kaido have to cheat to beat oden.

Like I never think 9 samurai would hurt kaido and legit believe kaido simply one shot 9 samurais in few second.

That should teach us to never have expectations in the future. :josad:

Disney kill more people than One Piece. Even fodder are immortal in Oda Piece. :josad:
I'm not someone bloodthirsty nor I ever thought a straw hat would die, but I thought at least some scabbards would die. Especially since after Pedro Oda seemed okay with killing allies? It's just so fucking weird how we had a war involving 2 emperors and nobody died. I don't think a series NEED characters dying to be good but when Oda keeps rising the stakes without any consequences everytime, it just feels off.

S

Sasaki Kojirō

I only see Akainu as a grand villain if he loosens himself from the WG for his own agenda. Until then, he just represents the outer face of the WG and is told to stfu by the Gorosei. In terms of Hierarchy, it is:

Im -> Gorosei -> Kong -> Akainu

What is Akainu's influence on a grand scale?

Imu: Ruled and enslaved the world for 800 years

Kaido: Enslaved Wano for 20 years, with the country playing an important role in the context of the history, with the WG being unable to lay hand on it for centuries

Blackbeard: Wants to destroy the world and/or put it into chaos

Akainu: Being an admiral just 2 years ago, with his main duties being serving as a shield for the Tenryuubito and executing orders of the higher ups. Now being a fleet admiral and in command of all the marines, yet still having to answer to the higher ups and having his arms tied when it comes to the most important decisions. Being (one of the) final villains would be anti climatic unless Akainu really goes berserk vs. the WG.
He will fall defending those who put him there.

The guy doesn't have an extra motivation that relates to his own will, Akainu's purposes are shallow, Aokiji has more involvement in the story when compared to Akainu who only has a distorted and generic sense of justice.

I'm not someone bloodthirsty nor I ever thought a straw hat would die, but I thought at least some scabbards would die. Especially since after Pedro Oda seemed okay with killing allies? It's just so fucking weird how we had a war involving 2 emperors and nobody died. I don't think a series NEED characters dying to be good but when Oda keeps rising the stakes without any consequences everytime, it just feels off.
To be fair, I think Doji might actually be dead

Status
Not open for further replies.