Has Kaido been defeated!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe im understanding this wrong someone can clarify if im wrong, but doesn't this imply that all of kaidos defeats/captures were in the past b4 he met king. This being said luffy is indeed the first one to hand kaido his 1st true defeat being joyboy honestly if this is the case why is zkk so bad luffy/joyboy would be the first to defeat kaido 1v1 and zoro would be the only one to kill him both fandoms would be eating.

I

Indigo

I’m talking about being the same as the monster chapter. It’s a similar looking dragon as well as a similar pose.

The punk hazard dragon is a more legitimate dragon than Kaido too. It was made a dragon, Kaidos an oni with a devil fruit.
The Punk Hazard dragon looks fucking stupid though

and like i said, the anime was shit at the time, so that moment wasn't nearly as cool as it could be if it happens in Wano

i have hopes that the King fire dragon will look cool in the anime at least

but i would really like to see Kaido's dragon form beheaded

:kayneshrug:

Maybe im understanding this wrong someone can clarify if im wrong, but doesn't this imply that all of kaidos defeats/captures were in the past b4 he met king. This being said luffy is indeed the first one to hand kaido his 1st true defeat being joyboy honestly if this is the case why is zkk so bad luffy/joyboy would be the first to defeat kaido 1v1 and zoro would be the only one to kill him both fandoms would be eating.
Yeah all of Kaidos losses were likely back when he was a teenager and early in Rox crews.

S

Sasaki Kojirō

At this point it makes no sense for Kaidou to stay alive, I say that Kaidou is the most broken fighting tool in the series, Oda can use it to beat whoever he wants with the exception of JOYBOY, if Oda inserts him in the final war it will be like inserting a CHEATING .

Oda can use Kaidou to defeat whoever he wants in the final war.

what do you mean worth it?

Seeing a massive panel of my favorite character Zoro cutting up a Dragon's head above Wano isn't worth it?

i don't care about the power scaling of it, or anything like that, i want that panel and moment

King's fire dragon wasn't nearly the same

The monsters panel is goated, i have that Wanted physical volume here in my house
No was was going around saying Sanji was going to kill Big Mom in his arc.

For some sad reason they thought
what zoro did is more than i expected. so no, not at all disappointing to me.

one piece in general though?. . . .
You expected less that him scratching Kaido with his strongest attacks? Losing to the weakest Yc1? Getting a magic sword that made him relevant? Drinking mink boobmilk to stay alive? Be uselessly carried for 10+ chapters?

Damn bro

At this point it makes no sense for Kaidou to stay alive, I say that Kaidou is the most broken fighting tool in the series, Oda can use it to beat whoever he wants with the exception of JOYBOY, if Oda inserts him in the final war it will be like inserting a CHEATING .
Wrap him in high power seastone cuffs and throw him in some cell. end of discussion.
This embarassing loss 1vs1 to someone he considered a rookie, and losing 20 years of building his forces have ended his career.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
You know this is going to be a spicy chapter when you get tagged by 6 different users since the raws dropped, but you haven’t commented on the thread even once lol. Alright so let’s see what Oda decided to shit out this week.

———

Okay so I just looked at the full spoilers.

1. This backstory is a piss poor justification for the inconsistencies in Kaido’s character. I already said back in 2020 that no backstory would redeem Kaido as a villain and this backstory doesn’t even come close. It looks like Oda’s ability to write a compelling character peaked at Doflamingo after all lol.

2. Kaido didn’t show awakening? That is a very bizzare choice from Oda. I would not be surprised if Kaido is not actually defeated here and actually revives himself via awakening for another finisher attack (as much as I want Wano to just Fucking end already).

3. This “defeat” (if it even is one) was even more lame than the Big Mom defeat lol. You would think after 4 years that Oda would’ve tried harder to really make this moment feel like the climax of the longest manga arc of all time, but I suppose we already knew that Oda is abysmal at actually satisfying the excitement he creates within readers.

I’ll wait to confirm whether or not Kaido is actually defeated here to give my final thoughts on Wano as an arc, but needless to say that for now, my verdict has not changed that this is by far the worst One Piece arc. If you would’ve told me back in 2017 that Wano would actually make me miss Punk Hazard, I would’ve slapped you with a white glove and challenged you to a duel, but here we are in the bad timeline lol.

Let be honest, if this is all what Zoro character offer for this arc, hell all the theory, all the promised what was for Zoro, all the speculation, his build up for this arc, must feelt very disappointed for the Zoro fandom.

Like legit you guya waited so long for that moment and there been so many hints. But in the end Zoro was not the monster Samurai. He got his cut moment but it never feel impressive, in fact Kaido never mention him after.

I feel like the predict about Zoro overcome and became the next Oden already in wano totally fail off.

Of course beating King isn't bad, but in the end he was just a YC1lvl guy... What I imagine for Zoro and what we actually got, it pretty underwhelming. How you other guys think about(Zoro fandom?).

Im be honest I was neutral in case for Zkk, had a discussion with Jo and others and even said that I could see ZKK happening. But I doubt after this chapter that is going to happen.

After all the years of debating ZKK,how the Zoro fandom thinks about it, how you guys react if ZKK not happen? Are you guys are happy with Zoro build up in wano so far?

@nik87 @Finalbeta @style @Cinera @HA001 @zzShinichi @Peroroncino @Mr. Bushido @mly90 @ShishioIsBack @Enma @Guan Yu @Lor D. Coast @Reborn @mugiwara44
@Den_Den_Mushi @Garp the Fist @ShishioIsBack @Cinera @Light D Lamperouge @Seth @Marimo_420 @MarineHQ62 @Ryuarashi @Sword God Ryuma @Reborn @Geo @LolonoisZolo @ShadyOjiro @Dragomir @Grumpy Zoro @Monet @Sade @Rukusho
@Reborn @Geo
@ZoroSlaysDragonTuna @sneko @stairs-kun @Oblivion @yj @solis @Seth @Zowo @style @Blother @Camie @MarimoHeado @Marimo_420 @Orojackson Refugee @Zenos7 @Don DaSlayer @Guymieux @Dark Hound @HAJIKATA @Queen @LadyVados @bennbeckman @Ice devil slayer

Are you guys happy with Zoro performance so far(in case if ZKK not happening)?
Im be honest, the only way how it could happen is if Kaido awakes and stand up, since if he stand up it clear that Luffy would need help against a stronger Kaido(awakening). But right it is hard to see such a scenario.
Reborn perfectly summed it up.
Of course if Zoro is done for the arc, it is pretty underwhelming.

However, allow me:

@Finalbeta
@nik87
@HA001
@Cinera
@ThunderSupernova
@ShishioIsBack
@L55
@Jew D. Boy
@Money D Malio
@Lor D. Coast
@Blackbeard
@King of the world
@Sanji D Goat
@AdmiralKinyagi
@Paperchampion23

We're inching ever closer to ZKK with a Luffy win and a Momoron win this chapter. :steef:

Now we wait for:

1. Full Kaido in Wano flashback and Wano relevance
2. Uo Uo no Mi awakening and rampaging to cause Kaido to go Berserk
3. Berserk Kaido on the skies of the capital, pulling an Ultron (by floating Onigashima to the orbit of the planet and letting it fall on the capital)
4. What happened between Zoro and Calli
5. Zoro returning from the underworld to fulfill Enma's will
6. Luffy (and the others) destroying the falling Onigashima
7. ZKK as the dawn breaks, Toki's prophecy is fulfilled

:myman:
:queenmoji:

S

Sasaki Kojirō

Wrap him in high power seastone cuffs and throw him in some cell. end of discussion.
This embarassing loss 1vs1 to someone he considered a rookie, and losing 20 years of building his forces have ended his career.
So much plot involved, what will he do? use the prison as a cafeteria and then escape.
I don't think it's embarrassing to lose to the messiah that ROGER has openly admitted will be able to surpass them.

The Punk Hazard dragon looks fucking stupid though

and like i said, the anime was shit at the time, so that moment wasn't nearly as cool as it could be if it happens in Wano

i have hopes that the King fire dragon will look cool in the anime at least

but i would really like to see Kaido's dragon form beheaded

:kayneshrug:

Stay strong, we have come this far, we have suffered tooo much to give in now :pepebusi:

You know this is going to be a spicy chapter when you get tagged by 6 different users since the raws dropped, but you haven’t commented on the thread even once lol. Alright so let’s see what Oda decided to shit out this week.

———

Okay so I just looked at the full spoilers.

1. This backstory is a piss poor justification for the inconsistencies in Kaido’s character. I already said back in 2020 that no backstory would redeem Kaido as a villain and this backstory doesn’t even come close. It looks like Oda’s ability to write a compelling character peaked at Doflamingo after all lol.

2. Kaido didn’t show awakening? That is a very bizzare choice from Oda. I would not be surprised if Kaido is not actually defeated here and actually revives himself via awakening for another finisher attack (as much as I want Wano to just Fucking end already).

3. This “defeat” (if it even is one) was even more lame than the Big Mom defeat lol. You would think after 4 years that Oda would’ve tried harder to really make this moment feel like the climax of the longest manga arc of all time, but I suppose we already knew that Oda is abysmal at actually satisfying the excitement he creates within readers.

I’ll wait to confirm whether or not Kaido is actually defeated here to give my final thoughts on Wano as an arc, but needless to say that for now, my verdict has not changed that this is by far the worst One Piece arc. If you would’ve told me back in 2017 that Wano would actually make me miss Punk Hazard, I would’ve slapped you with a white glove and challenged you to a duel, but here we are in the bad timeline lol.
Preach it! :cheers:

P. S. Is that Thor in your avy?

You expected less that him scratching Kaido with his strongest attacks? Losing to the weakest Yc1? Getting a magic sword that made him relevant? Drinking mink boobmilk to stay alive? Be uselessly carried for 10+ chapters?

Damn bro
permanently scarring kaido*, which only oden has ever done. i mean, you can of course troll like a toddler and downplay that feat. if you want to look like a massive idiot that is. but well, you do you.

Status
Not open for further replies.