General & Others A huge Yonko War Arc with a crew worth of Zoan users, yet none is awakened.

B

Ballel

I think I only had a sense of "invincibility" from two groups of enemies during the entire One Piece story.
Enel's priests and the CP9.
Mantra was just so fucking broken. And the Cp9 during Water7 and the Sea train? Damn. I was like "HOW THE FUCK ARE WE BEATING THESE FUCKERS???".
Good times.
I was like 12 when I watched Skypiea.
Had I been a few years younger Enel's priests would have legit scared me. Their and Enel's whole concept was just so menacing.
I still have bias for Enel as one of my fav villains even tho he might actually not be that strong compared to some post ts villains.

I forgot tbh my memory is blurry, I was just trying to make sense how convenient it was that it started to rain the moment he was defeated, and him absorbing water with his hand.
I think it was more of a thematic effect highlighting Crocodile's defeat
Also I vaguely remember that the Marines found a boat spraying Dance Powder all over Alabasta at the same time Luffy was beating Crocodile last round

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Is was like 12 when I watched Skypiea.
Had I been a few years younger Enel's priests would have legit scared me. Their and Enel's whole concept was just so menacing.
I still have bias for Enel as one of my fav villains even tho he might actually not be that strong compared to some post ts villains.
I only analyze the threat of a villain based on the point of the story he's in. Doesn't make sense to not do it like this.
Enel was a legit "God" that no one could deal with.
At best we had Wiper using a reject dial on him while using Kairouseki boots. Dude managed to REVIVE himself by turning himself into a defibrillator. That was so cool.
Having Luffy being a "natural counter" was a given, since it wasn't OUT OF NOWHERE that Luffy was Rubber. He was since the beginning.
Oh yeah. Not "rubber". Just a "rubber-like" body. My, how could I have made such a silly mistake?
:suresure:
Post automatically merged:

I forgot tbh my memory is blurry, I was just trying to make sense how convenient it was that it started to rain the moment he was defeated, and him absorbing water with his hand.
Poetic license.

I think I only had a sense of "invincibility" from two groups of enemies during the entire One Piece story.
Enel's priests and the CP9.
Mantra was just so fucking broken. And the Cp9 during Water7 and the Sea train? Damn. I was like "HOW THE FUCK ARE WE BEATING THESE FUCKERS???".
Good times.
I can understand how CP9 felt invincible during W7 (their performance on Enies Lobby is another story except for Lucci IMO) but Enel's priests? Really?
Not trying to talk shit here seriously, I unironically don't remember any scene with them giving "oh shit" vibes during Skypiea to me

I can understand how CP9 felt invincible during W7 (their performance on Enies Lobby is another story except for Lucci IMO) but Enel's priests? Really?
Not trying to talk shit here seriously, I unironically don't remember any scene with them giving "oh shit" vibes during Skypiea to me
I agree, only Ohm felt like a mortal threat amongst the priests but the others while quite a threat never felt "invincible", especially Gedatsu.

I mean they were literally calling out and dodging everything.

Satori was a badass

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Seriously. Mantra was completely broken.

Needed Sanji+Luffy+Usopp to deal with BallPriest, Shura required some sneak attack from Wiper, Ohm was a big deal for Zoro who had to learn how to combine his ability to cut steel to cut the Iron Clouds, but also how to attack at range, since he just barely could get close to him.
That was a time when Mantra, or CoO, was actually useful and not something that OCASSIONALY people use to dodge. Only character post-TS who made use of CoO as intended was Katakuri.