Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man.. watching an entire chapter (888+889) of clear character brilliance, with a huge emphasis on the actual character .. and thinking that this is just an introduction for something that was almost one shooted later in the story

You don't fail to amaze me.. The wake up call will be violent for you guyz..

I wonder what you guys will say once you see that Carrot sneaked on the ship: "well she will just leave in the next island, it doesn't matter" > That kind of denial ? :gokulaugh:

Man.. watching an entire chapter (888+889) of clear character brilliance, with a huge emphasis on the actual character .. and thinking that this is just an introduction for something that was almost one shooted later in the story

You don't fail to amaze me.. The wake up call will be violent for you guyz..

I wonder what you guys will say once you see that Carrot sneaked on the ship: "well she will just leave in the next island, it doesn't matter" > That kind of denial ? :gokulaugh:
It literally was just an introduction to Sulong.

Do you also think Carrot's sulong moment was but a mear introduction of the Sulong ? :gokulaugh:
Yes. We had the Dukes tell the crew that the Minks have a trump card during a full moon and that the Beast Pirates would face the true power of the Minks the next time they fought. Then Carrot shows what the trump card was, the mechanics/strengths/weaknesses of it, and sets the expectation of "If this is what one young Mink can do in Sulong, just imagine what an entire army of veterans can do." Then we see the full army go Sulong in Wano and the Dukes get their vengeance on Jack and Perospero with their trump card. That's standard set-up and payoff.

Yes. We had the Dukes tell the crew that the Minks have a trump card during a full moon and that the Beast Pirates would face the true power of the Minks the next time they fought. Then Carrot shows what the trump card was, the mechanics/strengths/weaknesses of it, and sets the expectation of "If this is what one young Mink can do in Sulong, just imagine what an entire army of veterans can do." Then we see the full army go Sulong in Wano and the Dukes get their vengeance on Jack and Perospero with their trump card. That's standard set-up and payoff.
The problem is not thinking that it's a introduction, it is. The problem is thinking that is just an introduction, which is a complete ignorance of the panneling treatment of Carrot during that chapter.
Post automatically merged:

Yes because I passed fifth grade literature class
Welp, it didn't help you see through storytelling I guess :milaugh:

Give up man... Reasoning and logic won't work with him if it doesn't follow his headcanons...
Oh boi.. thinking that you have actual storytelling logic while completely ignoring entire outlinings, composition rules, character focus and development..

You guys are about to panic pretty hard.
Post automatically merged:

Which was showing off the form as a teaser for what we got in Wano.
888 the opposite of a teaser. It's a full depiction of character skill. The teaser comes in the form of a question later from Chopper to Carrot about Inuarashi and Nekomamushi's power.

Status
Not open for further replies.