General & Others A huge Yonko War Arc with a crew worth of Zoan users, yet none is awakened.

I would say that their hybrid mode is awakening.

Since Kaido said that Luffy has awaken his ability and Luffy could combine a state of him with his own body form.

Just as any hybrid dude. Even the Jailer dudes where humanoid beast and not not wild animals, they were stupid, but humanoid.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
The only known traits of a Zoan transformation are abnormal recovery rate and transformation—Kaido has both: An abnormal recovery rate that goes far beyond what the other Zoans can do and multiple modes of fighting. You can also say awakened Zoans act abnormally due to the influence of their Zoan personality, which can be observed in both Luffy as well as the ID beasts. Kaido displayed abnormal behavior in his modes too.

The only known quality of the Paramecia Awakening is the ability to influence your surroundings with your ability. Big Mom's ability can influence other people's souls. Other than this, narratively speaking, Kaido and Big Mom are supposed to have maxed out their potential, which means they peaked in all areas that they could. Katakuri acted like awakening is something that you'd naturally expect from someone of his caliber. So if it is seemingly a must-have ability for a DF user of Katakuri's caliber who's more of a Haki-reliant fighter than a DF-reliant fighter, then it's only natural the likes of Kaido and Big Mom would possess it—Even Doffy has it, as a matter of fact.

Personally, it makes no sense to me that Kaido is able to match Luffy's awakening without having his own awakening when Luffy's fruit is supposed to have the most broken and OP ability out of all mythical types—It's his awakening, in particular, was hyped to the moon.

Lastly, we have no reason to think they don't have awakening besides the fact that it wasn't vocally mentioned.

I would say that their hybrid mode is awakening.

Since Kaido said that Luffy has awaken his ability and Luffy could combine a state of him with his own body form.

Just as any hybrid dude. Even the Jailer dudes where humanoid beast and not not wild animals, they were stupid, but humanoid.
I thought about it too in the past. It would be disappointing but quite possible.

I thought about it too in the past. It would be disappointing but quite possible.
No, it isn't.

Luffy's G5 proves that awakening is a new transformation and not just a passive boost in certain stats. Chopper has several forms of his hybrid mode, yet his Monster Point differs from it all, which is highly likely awakening.

Kaido simply didn't show awakening and doesn't have it either.

No, it isn't.

Luffy's G5 proves that awakening is a new transformation and not just a passive boost in certain stats. Chopper has several forms of his hybrid mode, yet his Monster Point differs from it all, which is highly likely awakening.

I would not think it so linearly.

Nika is a special devil fruit despite still a zoan.

We know for instance CoC is likely doable in the form of a materialized spirit like Asura and simply in the form of haki without such manifestation. Oda ain't no linear thinker. He likes variation in his things.

It might be that some zoans simply awaken by pulling something different from what Luffy did, not by chance no zoan can freaking have a rubber body looking paramisha and still be a zoan.

It's all to be found out in all honesty.

No, it isn't.

People thinking otherwise don't have a clue lol

They come to jailer beasts where luffy as a Mythical Zoan is best example

Hang on, Perospero defeated Carrot and Wanda, right?

Does that mean it was a BMP crew member that did the most work (besides Kaido) in the Beast Pirates Arc?

Bruh... :kailaugh:
That’s what I’ve been saying. Perospero had to climb the waterfall, leaving his useless crewmates behind just to show up the Beast Pirates…have better trash talking, telling the Minks to go eat grass…wiping the smile off Marco’s face when Big Mom failed to do so…nearly killed an opponent that people thought was beyond him.

At the end of the day, the only loss the Strawhats and their allies have faced in dealing with the Rocks Duo is due to Perospero.

@MonsterKaido I saw you use the Lucci comparison and say kaido's drunk forms aren't his awakening, yet in the panel your provide Lucci is literally identical in both forms

Oda specifically makes kaido more animalistic in drunk forms

The only known traits of a Zoan transformation are abnormal recovery rate and transformation—Kaido has both: An abnormal recovery rate that goes far beyond what the other Zoans can do and multiple modes of fighting. You can also say awakened Zoans act abnormally due to the influence of their Zoan personality, which can be observed in both Luffy as well as the ID beasts. Kaido displayed abnormal behavior in his modes too.

The only known quality of the Paramecia Awakening is the ability to influence your surroundings with your ability. Big Mom's ability can influence other people's souls. Other than this, narratively speaking, Kaido and Big Mom are supposed to have maxed out their potential, which means they peaked in all areas that they could. Katakuri acted like awakening is something that you'd naturally expect from someone of his caliber. So if it is seemingly a must-have ability for a DF user of Katakuri's caliber who's more of a Haki-reliant fighter than a DF-reliant fighter, then it's only natural the likes of Kaido and Big Mom would possess it—Even Doffy has it, as a matter of fact.

Personally, it makes no sense to me that Kaido is able to match Luffy's awakening without having his own awakening when Luffy's fruit is supposed to have the most broken and OP ability out of all mythical types—It's his awakening, in particular, was hyped to the moon.

Lastly, we have no reason to think they don't have awakening besides the fact that it wasn't vocally mentioned.
Why didn't Oda tell us they were awakened?

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Why didn't Oda tell us they were awakened?
We wouldn't be having this conversation if he did. As for the reason why he didn't make an announcement, we don't know. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened though. Lots of things happen in the manga without them being specially mentioned. We're basically asking him to spoon feed us with information at this point.

We wouldn't be having this conversation if he did. As for the reason why he didn't make an announcement, we don't know. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened though. Lots of things happen in the manga without them being specially mentioned. We're basically asking him to spoon feed us with information at this point.
Kaido just got done talking about awakening with Luffy 1-2 chapters ago and you're saying him using it himself is not relevant information we should be told?

Oda in an SBS: Huh? I though you all knew he was awakened!
"I didn't have time to explain it in the manga, not enough space to draw a small dialogue box stating Kaido, King, Queen and Jack are actually awakened zoan users, in fact Kaido had his awakening. In fact hybrid forms are awakening, Chaka is also an awakened zoan user, he's pretty strong?"

I thought the point of them being so durable was their Awakening, atleast for Kaido and the Calamities (King and Queen specially, who took Adv.CoA hits from Marco and seemed to ignore the damage)

Queen also ignored the damage of Big Mom's biggest showcase of physical strength in the manga, at Udon, for example.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Kaido just got done talking about awakening with Luffy 1-2 chapters ago and you're saying him using it himself is not relevant information we should be told?
I did say anything of that sort. I merely said "it wasn't specifically mentioned" isn't really a valid reason to assume something didn't happen. Oda doesn't think and act like his users.