Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically this summarizes what I was saying about Yamato's treatment last chapter
I'm totaly aware she'll probably join but I'm not sure what Oda's going for here
The difference is obvious that Nami & Robin WERE part of the crew BEFORE their main antagonists got resolved. It’s like Luffy trying to save them and take them back to the crew, heck even Nami asked Luffy for help and Robin said she wanted to live and go out to seas with the crew. Yamato has not been a crew member yet, but still she does her best to help the alliance to prove her worth.

The difference is obvious that Nami & Robin WERE part of the crew BEFORE their main antagonists got resolved. It’s like Luffy trying to save them and take them back to the crew, heck even Nami asked Luffy for help and Robin said she wanted to live and go out to seas with the crew. Yamato has not been a crew member yet, but still she does her best to help the alliance to prove her worth.
To add on to this, she's pretty similar to Franky at this point. He was also second fiddle to Robin in his own intro saga, and Luffy was more concerned about Robin/Momo than he was about Franky/Yamato, but he still trusted the latter enough to send them to help the former. After Robin/Momo are safe and their stories are wrapped up, the post-arc story can move back to Franky/Yamato and deal with their joining.

I'm also pretty sure Oda's going to do another Oden parallel with Yamato's joining where Luffy, like Whitebeard acknowledging Oden, knows that Yamato wants to join but he wants her to prove herself in some way first. Most likely he's going to push her to accept that she can look up to Oden and carry on his spirit without literally being him before she can join, likely mirroring that Luffy will reject the Joyboy identity and asserting that he is his own person.

To add on to this, she's pretty similar to Franky at this point. He was also second fiddle to Robin in his own intro saga, and Luffy was more concerned about Robin/Momo than he was about Franky/Yamato, but he still trusted the latter enough to send them to help the former. After Robin/Momo are safe and their stories are wrapped up, the post-arc story can move back to Franky/Yamato and deal with their joining.

I'm also pretty sure Oda's going to do another Oden parallel with Yamato's joining where Luffy, like Whitebeard acknowledging Oden, knows that Yamato wants to join but he wants her to prove herself in some way first. Most likely he's going to push her to accept that she can look up to Oden and carry on his spirit without literally being him before she can join, likely mirroring that Luffy will reject the Joyboy identity and asserting that he is his own person.
Steve Carrell Well Said GIF - Steve Carrell Well Said Alright - Discover & Share GIFs (tenor.com) both of you

But if she doesn’t join, it means that all your analyzing skills are shit and for nothing. It means that you’ve been spouting nonsense all the time and that you do not understand shit about writing and analyzing writing.
Still no:

Those are STILL opportunities.Those are still stools for potential development.

So.. no.. Nothing I say will dissapear, just the conclusion.

If you want an analogy let's took science as an example:

Me being wrong would be the same as an scientist witnessing apples falling from the sky and concluding that a force called "gravity" was existing and describing that force.. when in fact gravity is something a bit different. Would this means that the apple would dissapear ? No.. Would this means that there was nothing discovered ? No.

Only the conclusion would be false, the rest, would still be relevant.

Any kind of writer could create a fantastic story for Carrot with what Oda created and placed in the story. That's the power of storytelling.. sometimes, its unconscious.

But with Oda, it's most likely not.
I for one can say, that in case that you are right(0.00001% that happens), I will read your entire blog and try to learn from it. I will even apologize here to you and except that you are the superior analyst.
Well... I can't wait :)
Is C4N would say, Momo rescuing all of Onigashima and falling unconscious with Luffy is quite the nakama moment
Well, not really, it was not focused enough on Momo for me. But it's close enough yeah.

------------

Also concerning Tama (I' haven't read everything) there is only ONE world where Tama joins, it's that if MOMO joins as well. Tama and Momo have been linked throughout the arc, where one goes, the other followed. At this point Tama is like a young reteiner for Momo but also one of his best friend.

So if Momo goes with them, expect Tama to sneak on board as well. Not only that, but expect Tama to do the same thing Momo has: Using the mature mature fruit of Shinobu to grow.

Just so you guyz know:

Here are the three next way Carrot could be confirmed:

A - A reaction from Carrot on the victory of Luffy + a flash back of Pedro: This would confirm that Carrot is linking her future to Luffy and Pedro's words. Basically, it has to happen next chaptern after that it will be too late.

If that doesn't happen the next thing to look up for would be:

B - A couple of panel focused on Carrot doing a introspection during the Banquet or between now and the departure of the SH: Carrot was defeated and humiliated.. there is therefore high chances for her to self-reflect on her capacities. If that happens, it will also be a confirmation as Carrot would be linking her capacities toward the future and her life on the seas. This focusing can also take the form of a discussion with an ally (Wanda or Nekomamushi). In other word if there is a questionnement from Carrot's part about herself, the seas, Pedro's words or the SH, this will be the confirmation that Oda is preparing Carrot to join the crew.

C - The very end of the arc: I've talked about that HERE. Basically the very end of the arc will be the last moment for Carrot to join by sneaking on the ship. If Carrot is seen on the ship (willingly or not), this will confirm a future recrutment. If not.. This will be the end of the theory.

Those three moments would confirm Carrot as a future crewmate. To sum up.. any couple of panel focusing mainly on Carrot would be a confirmation. For two reasons:

1. Because Oda would have no reason to do those if the story of Carrot was finished
2. Because those are potential setups for a development

Just so you guyz know:

A - A reaction from Carrot on the victory of Luffy + a flash back of Pedro: This would confirm that Carrot is linking her future to Luffy and Pedro's words. Basically, it has to happen next chaptern after that it will be too late.

B - A couple of panel focused on Carrot doing a introspection during the Banquet or between now and the departure of the SH: Carrot was defeated and humiliated.. there is therefore high chances for her to self-reflect on her capacities. If that happens, it will also be a confirmation as Carrot would be linking her capacities toward the future and her life on the seas. This focusing can also take the form of a discussion with an ally (Wanda or Nekomamushi). In other word if there is a questionnement from Carrot's part about herself, the seas, Pedro's words or the SH, this will be the confirmation that Oda is preparing Carrot to join the crew.

C - The very end of the arc: I've talked about that HERE. Basically the very end of the arc will be the last moment for Carrot to join by sneaking on the ship. If Carrot is seen on the ship (willingly or not), this will confirm a future recrutment. If not.. This will be the end of the theory.

Those three moments would confirm Carrot as a future crewmate. To sum up.. any couple of panel focusing mainly on Carrot would be a confirmation. For two reasons:

1. Because Oda would have no reason to do those if the story of Carrot was finished
No

it was brought up by hitetsu
That Ace promised to return, not that he would take her with him, again that was never brought up in real time or made a big deal EVER
She wants a free Wano, just like Nami, and she doesn't want to be hungry anymore, which will happen when she gets to eat Sanji's food every day.
She brings up not wanting to starve right after talking about wanting a Wano with Momo as the Shogun, there is no pause or anything that would imply that she is talking about 2 different things and that they arent related, especially when it aligns with Luffy's promised of giving her a Wano where she wont starve, these 2 scenes make no sense if she is leaving anyway. And to finish it off, according to Oda in one piece 10th treasures Usopp will ALWAYS be the weakest SH, so unless you think Tama is stronger than Usopp(wich is insanity) then she isnt joining

Tama and Momo have been linked throughout the arc, where one goes, the other followed. At this point Tama is like a young reteiner for Momo but also one of his best friend.
That's just simply not true.
You're attempting to reverse engineer the "Tama and Momo will parallel Shanks and Buggy" theory, but in reality, they weren't even near each other or had anything to do with each other during all of Acts 1 and 3. On top of that, one of the few exchanges they had during Act 2 was Tama refusing to use the right onorificts and acknowledge Momo as her superior. Why would you say she is like a reteiner?
Yamato feels way more like a reteiner to me. Not saying she'll be, but she has an idealized vision of him due to Oden's journal and the fact that he's Oden's son. She protects him but also pushes him to be a better version of himself. She only appeared during Act 3 but already has way more interactions and a dynamic with Momo than Tama ever did.
Saying that Tama is linked to Momo just sounds desingenuous when Yamato is the one that has spent more than half her paneltime with him.

That Ace promised to return, not that he would take her with him, again that was never brought up in real time or made a big deal EVER
Come on now, Ace's promise wasn't "to return" it was clearly stated to be to join his crew and sail with him. It even got it's own panel
highlighting the promise aspect of it.

You're attempting to reverse engineer the "Tama and Momo will parallel Shanks and Buggy" theory, but in reality, they weren't even near each other or had anything to do with each other during all of Acts 1 and 3. On top of that, one of the few exchanges they had during Act 2 was Tama refusing to use the right onorificts and acknowledge Momo as her superior. Why would you say she is like a reteiner?
Yamato feels way more like a reteiner to me. Not saying she'll be, but she has an idealized vision of him due to Oden's journal and the fact that he's Oden's son. She protects him but also pushes him to be a better version of himself. She only appeared during Act 3 but already has way more interactions and a dynamic with Momo than Tama ever did.
Saying that Tama is linked to Momo just sounds desingenuous when Yamato is the one that has spent more than half her paneltime with him.

Come on now, Ace's promise wasn't "to return" it was clearly stated to be to join his crew and sail with him. It even got it's own panel
highlighting the promise aspect of it.
He did, go check the page of Luffy's promise again, Ace promised to return and make Wano a place where she can eat all she wanted, he promised to take her then IF she had grown up into a bewitching Kunoichi, those are 2 different promises

Still no:

Well... I can't wait :)

Well, not really, it was not focused enough on Momo for me. But it's close enough yeah.

------------

Also concerning Tama (I' haven't read everything) there is only ONE world where Tama joins, it's that if MOMO joins as well. Tama and Momo have been linked throughout the arc, where one goes, the other followed. At this point Tama is like a young reteiner for Momo but also one of his best friend.

So if Momo goes with them, expect Tama to sneak on board as well. Not only that, but expect Tama to do the same thing Momo has: Using the mature mature fruit of Shinobu to grow.
Momo is a 28 year old man with a dragon devil fruit. Tama is still a child. If oda wanted Tama to join he’ll age her but oda isn’t going to have a child be a wanted pirate.

Just so you guyz know:

Just so you guys know.
if those 3 things don’t happen. But something else happens, if she just appears in one panel doing some random shit. Like dancing during the party.
he will take those as confirmations for carrot as a future Nakama.

You're attempting to reverse engineer the "Tama and Momo will parallel Shanks and Buggy" theory
No, this has nothing to do with Buggy and Shanks, this has to do with the cahracterization of Tama throughout the arc, whivh indicate CLEARLY that Tama wants to protect Momo.

It's non negociable, if Momo Joins, Tama will follow.

On top of that, one of the few exchanges they had during Act 2 was Tama refusing to use the right onorificts and acknowledge Momo as her superior
Just like she should, Tama is like Luffy on that parameter, it doesn't mean that she doesn't want to be with him. Just that she is disrespectfull

Tama is foundamentaly linked to Momo, by the characterization, the story and the situations. This has nothing to do with Yamato.

Momo is a 28 year old man with a dragon devil fruit. Tama is still a child. If oda wanted Tama to join he’ll age her but oda isn’t going to have a child be a wanted pirate.
If Momo joins, you can expect Tama to grow just like him.

if those 3 things don’t happen. But something else happens, if she just appears in one panel doing some random shit. Like dancing during the party.
No. dancing is not enough. Showing carrot won't be enough. It has to be a focus on the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.