Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
compare it to:

You mean the're a both kids and... that it? but Momo isn't a kid anymore so...
What characterization are you on about?
Her realtionship with luffy is way more important then with Momo
Again, all of Act 1 and Act 3 was Tama being with the strawhats
and even when she and Momo (and Chopper) were toguether in Act2 the main thing on her mind was saving Luffy from Udon

Just like she should?? A reteinner shouldn't be disrespectfull.
So its not a promise because the word "promise" wasnt used, despite it being worded like a promise and it being used to parallel Ace with Luffy promising(and using the word) the exact same thing...:seriously:

How is that it makes it clear that she needs to stay when those goals will be fulfilled by the end of the arc?
That's like saying Nami can't join because she needs to free cocoyashi village from Arlong. Nonsense.

How is that it makes it clear that she needs to stay when those goals will be fulfilled by the end of the arc?
That's like saying Nami can't join because she needs to free cocoyashi village from Arlong. Nonsense.
Except Luffy had already made up his mind and went to fight Arlong exactly because she was his subordinate

In this scenario Luffy is doing it so Tama could have a better life in Wano. The most recent dialogue points to Tama staying

False equivalency

My point stands. She doesn't need to stay in order to fulfill a goal since that goal will be fulfilled by the end of the arc
No it doesn't because that goal requires her to stay and live in the conditions Luffy promised her

Post automatically merged:

Luffy didn't fight Arlong because Nami owed him money, Luffy fought Arlong specifically because he made Nami cry.

In this case Luffy is literally fighting so Tama gets to live a better life after he leaves.

Your point fell flat the moment you mentioned Nami. Make a better argument

Now you're just changing goal posts. We were talking about Tama's goal.
Which is is fact, to become a kunoichi in order to sail away with Ace. Even with him telling her that he would make Wano a place where she could eat as much as she wanted, she still trained, starved, poisoned herself and lived in the woods just so that she could go out to sea with him after he defeated Kaido.
Do you really think Oda will make it so her suffering was in vain?

Now you're just changing goal posts. We were talking about Tama's goal.
Which is is fact, to become a kunoichi in order to sail away with Ace.
She hasn't mentioned going out to the sea since chapter 911. Yet on the other hand Oda is constantly emphasizing the terrible living conditions she has.

I didn't move the goal post, you did. You mentioned Nami as if there was any similarities at all

"Yamato can't join because her introduction was so sudden and rushed and her motivations are so cookie-cutter and run of the mill, and her flashback is short and shit, and she doesn't have a defined role in the ship, and she's too much of an Oden wanker in an arc already full of it, and she's also an Ace wanker that wasn't needed at all after Tama, and she hasn't interacted with any Strawhat in a meaningful way and she's too strong, and the only thing she has succesfully done is stall Kaido for a few minutes and be a cheerleader and spectator for Momo, and her combat abilities are literally Kaido kanabo spamming 2.0 and she's a Mary Sue with yet another Mythical Zoan that has pending lore all written over it, and if she's the last crewmember that closes the crew she doesn't have any weight to her character..."

Gee, I WONDER why there is any doubt that a character introduced at the last second possible in an arc full of horrible pacing and picked and dropped subplots and whose treatment has been confusing and not satisfying and it feels like there are so many things missing is DEFINITELY joining the crew.

Why is it easier to accept that "no, she can't join because it will be shit considering all of these things" instead of "I guess Oda's ability to handle characters in a meaningful way since the timeskip has been severely lacking".

It will happen and people will still deny it even when Oda addresses all the stuff about Yamato joining in half a chapter or something, just like he did with the so long-awaited Kaido's characterization and motivations.

Please, accept that Wano has been horseshit, Yamato is joining, move on.

She hasn't mentioned going out to the sea since chapter 911. Yet on the other hand Oda is constantly emphasizing the terrible living conditions she has.

I didn't move the goal post, you did. You mentioned Nami as if there was any similarities at all
I mentioned Nami as a comparison for the fact that wanting her home town/country to be free from the evil pirate who rules it isn't a reason why she can't join.
I never meant to imply anything about Luffy. I agree with you that from his point of view the situations are quite different since Nami was already a nakama in luffy's eyes before even arriving at Arlong Park.

"Yamato can't join because her introduction was so sudden and rushed and her motivations are so cookie-cutter and run of the mill, and her flashback is short and shit, and she doesn't have a defined role in the ship, and she's too much of an Oden wanker in an arc already full of it, and she's also an Ace wanker that wasn't needed at all after Tama, and she hasn't interacted with any Strawhat in a meaningful way and she's too strong, and the only thing she has succesfully done is stall Kaido for a few minutes and be a cheerleader and spectator for Momo, and her combat abilities are literally Kaido kanabo spamming 2.0 and she's a Mary Sue with yet another Mythical Zoan that has pending lore all written over it, and if she's the last crewmember that closes the crew she doesn't have any weight to her character..."

Gee, I WONDER why there is any doubt that a character introduced at the last second possible in an arc full of horrible pacing and picked and dropped subplots and whose treatment has been confusing and not satisfying and it feels like there are so many things missing is DEFINITELY joining the crew.

Why is it easier to accept that "no, she can't join because it will be shit considering all of these things" instead of "I guess Oda's ability to handle characters in a meaningful way since the timeskip has been severely lacking".

It will happen and people will still deny it even when Oda addresses all the stuff about Yamato joining in half a chapter or something, just like he did with the so long-awaited Kaido's characterization and motivations.

Please, accept that Wano has been horseshit, Yamato is joining, move on.
This..

.. is what happen when you put your expections before the actual reality of the story.

Wano is ONE OF the best arc there is and the pacing is amazing. Yeah.. This is a guy who has not seen his long awaited character for YEARS that is saying it to you.

Oda did make a few mistakes and facilities here and there, but the pacing is on point. The narration is amazing and the character are top.

Go back to Mama Drizzt, he is calling for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.