Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You make baseless statement, you cannot expect us to blindly follow your strange ideals
Wrong. Those are not "baseless" they are REAL storytelling rules. You have the right not to believe me, but it won't make them disappear. I already told you guys, I have a bit of knowledge on the subject. Everything I say is based on what good storytelling is (because Oda is a good storyteller)

so you can see that I am open minded when you actually use good arguments
Yes.. Next step will be to trust me when I talk about storytelling.

But I guess that with the current bias against me, that will happen only once Carrot joins the crew.

why don't you do that instead of inventing "good rules"?
If you want me to explain in details why a false adversary must absolutely be prepared first, I can do that, but it could take a while. That's why I ask you first to trust me on this.
Post automatically merged:

😕 I guess so for Momo's devil fruit then, Oh btw the fact that We haven't seen anyone talk about her devil fruit or seen her devil fruit can go against you guys 🤗
We will see

No, it doesn't so try again with something more probable cause Oda has already thrown out many things including The Journal information and more.
Yes it does

Wrong. Those are not "baseless" they are REAL storytelling rules. You have the right not to believe me, but it won't make them disappear. I already told you guys, I have a bit of knowledge on the subject. Everything I say is based on good storytelling is (because Oda is a good storyteller)
I am familiar with classic literature to the least, but you are free to tell me:
1. where are these rules written
2. where Oda says that he blindly follows them.
Other than that, if you don't answer these, you will see why I take your words as fan fiction.

1. where are these rules written
Concerning good storytelling, there is a few good books about it. I suggest you read the ones of script doctors like John Truby or Robert McKee.. Those are two of the most complete "gourou" of storytelling. Their voice makes quite a consensus concerning conflict and character development.

2. where Oda says that he blindly follows them.
Now, you have to understand that Rules can be broken, but that must happen only in specific situations. The thing is: Oda is an amazing writer, but most of the time he use classic rules of storytelling. It's rare for him to break good storytelling rules. (Except when it comes to his main protagonists and his structure)

That can be said through an analysis of his works for example:
- The way Oda uses Milking
- The way Oda uses forshadowings
- The way Oda creates good stories.
Etc.

All of that is quantifiable, I can say - for example - when Oda makes a mistakes or a slipup.

Let me give you an example.

You may have noticed that the miracle medecine of the Mink felt a little "Off". Well the reasonnable assumption is that Oda didn't have the fight of Zoro in mind while creating Zou and/or Wano. So when Oda had to make Zoro wake up and fight again.. Well.. he was stuck. He had no other choice but to introduce some kind of miracle medecine.

Problem: Because of the lack of setup for that medecine , it's introduction felt like a deus ex machina.

Strangely, that's something Oda does very rarely. This is the one big mistake he made in Wano concerning his foreshadowings..

All of that to say what..

Well, Rules are here for a reason. Something as important as a miracle medecine MUST be introduced early, if not.. the quality of the revelation drops. In fact there was a good way to introduce that technique: Chapter 959, during the discussion between the strawhats and the mink. A simple "The Sulong is not or only "asset" would have done the job. It would have created an expectation for something, without even sayin what it was.. creating a great revelation at the end line.

The case of King is similar, but this time it touches the status of the character.

You actually edited this gif just for me?! :blush::sweat::daydream::catlewd:
Nop lol, google image.

Last edited:
Concerning good storytelling, there is a few good books about it. I suggest you read the ones of script doctors like John Truby or Robert McKee.. Those are two of the most complete "gourou" of storytelling. Their voice makes quite a consensus concerning conflict and character development.

Now, you have to understand that Rules can be broken, but that must happen only in specific situations. The thing is: Oda is an amazing writer, but most of the time he use classic rules of storytelling. It's rare for him to break good storytelling rules. (Except when it comes to his main protagonists and his structure)

That can be said through an analysis of his works for example:
- The way Oda uses Milking
- The way Oda uses forshadowings
- The way Oda creates good stories.
Etc.

All of that is quantifiable, I can say - for example - when Oda makes a mistakes or a slipup.

Let me give you an example.

You may have noticed that the miracle medecine of the Mink feels a little "Off". Well the reasonnable assumption is that Oda didn't have the fight of Zoro in mind while creating Zou and/or Wano. So when Oda had to make Zoro wake up and fight again.. Well.. he was stuck. He had no other choice but to introduce some kind of miracle medecine.

Problem: Because of the lack of setup for that medecine , it's introduction felt like a deus ex machina.

Strangely, that's something Oda does very rarely. This is the one big mistake he made in Wano concerning his foreshadowings..

All of that to say what..

Well, Rules are here for a reason. Something as important as a miracle medecine MUST be introduced early, if not.. the quality of the revelation drops. In fact there was a good way to introduce that technique: Chapter 959, during the discussion between the strawhats and the mink. A simple "The Sulong is not or only "asset" would have done the job. It would have created an expectation for something, without even sayin what it was.. creating a great revelation at the end line.

The case of King is similar, but this time it touches the status of the character.

Nop lol, google image.
I am sorry friend. I asked for you to find Oda stating that he follows those rules, but you weren't able to find such a quote. As such, your drivel can only be described as fan fiction, since we don't really know what Oda thinks.
I am very open minded, so if you find any quote proving what you state, I will happy follow it. Otherwise, you have supposition, aka fan fiction.

I am sorry friend. I asked for you to find Oda stating that he follows those rules

You know that to analyse a text, you don't always need the statement of the author, right ? Because sometimes, the author is not even conscious of what he is doing.

Here.. you have just ignored a very precise and BASIC explanation of a storytelling rule.

Those are not "suppositions" they are actual storytelling facts. A great revelation MUST be prepared, if that's not the case, it will s0ck.

That's storytelling 101.

In fact you know what, even a statement of Oda saying that he doesn't respect classic rules would be meaningless. Why ? Because we have an actual support that says other wise and actual knowledge to compare his work with the technique used by writers all over the world since the "Epic Of Gilgamesh" 4000 years ago!!

Yes she was. For her own account but under cover.
It's confirmed now... You're reading a different version of OP than what the majority is reading...

Igaram and Vivi were the undercovers... Robin joining BWs for Poneglyphs is no different from Zoro joining the SHs to have a survival chance of challenging Mihawk, Croc joining the Prison Break Team to have a survival chance to kill WB, and Kid allying with the Raid Alliance to have powerful "tools" to fight fodders...

Perfect example is ZKK.
Tons of 'foreshadowing' but it won't happen.
It's called a red herring.

Wrong. There is no foreshadowing preparing a kill of Kaido by Zoro. NONE. And no red hearing either.

You guyz are completely lost on storytelling notions. Stop listening to youtubers and start by reading book about narration. The One Piece influencers don't know squat about foreshadowings.

If you want to know what are really foreshadowing, I have created an article specificaly for this here.

It's confirmed now... You're reading a different version of OP than what the majority is reading...
Or I am better at analysing the story than you guyz.. my choice.

Igaram and Vivi were the undercovers...
Yes

Robin joining BWs for Poneglyphs is no different from Zoro joining the SHs to have a survival chance of challenging Mihawk, Croc joining the Prison Break Team to have a survival chance to kill WB, and Kid allying with the Raid Alliance to have powerful "tools" to fight fodders...
Well No. I suggest you read the arc again. Robin was undercover, meaning she was under an allias.

Which alias? She was known, Crocodile knew who she was.
If she being Miss all Sunday is being under cover because she is using an alias, then also Crocodile is under cover and using an alias.
Yeah, pretty much That's what undecover means. The only difference is that Crocodile was aware of that. For the rest, she was a normal agent.

You ain't better at analysis cause all of your theories never doesn't make any sense cause we still waiting on the carrot moment you said that is foreshadowing
My theory is like a good revelation. Right now.. you don't understand what I'm talking about, and it's logical, you might not have the knowledge on the subject and I'm on a setup phase. But all of that will make sence once the revelation in the story takes place. ;)

Once Carrot joins the crew, you will have no other choice but to take me a little bit more seriously, thus stopping the deny around storytelling logics and elements.

It will all make sence in a few chapters.

Yamato is the only one of the popular nakama candidates that actually watched Luffy fight and defeat Kaido...just putting this out here:catsure:
with momo :catcry:

Meanwhile, Tama shared the "Luffy is dead" movement with Nami, got the cartoon eye-popping reaction to G5 together with nami and chopper (something that Yamato in her 30 reaction panels did not) and was featured in the same panel as Nami and Chopper again just last chapter...
Coincidence? :sus:

Status
Not open for further replies.