Help a brotha out

I’ve been meaning to talk to you. You’re in IB or finance right? I’m trying to decide if that’s something I want to do. My school has a pretty good reputation in undergrad business so I think I’m going to apply to the business school once I’m there. However I don’t know if IB or anything else in finance is something I really want to do. I’m just don’t know about the hours and direction it will take my life. I know it’s a good pathway but I just don’t know if it’s right for me.
I'm not in IB, I'm in corporate finance. The hours aren't as crazy as IB, it's just sometimes it get's busy and I have to pull 60+ hrs a week. But it's really for like a few weeks in a year.

IB is where the big bucks are, they basically make 3/4ths of my salary on their bonus alone. If you're good with numbers, extroverted and you're fine with sacrificing a couple of years of your life to just work I'd say go for it. 2 years into IB and any MBA program will take you

I'm not in IB, I'm in corporate finance. The hours aren't as crazy as IB, it's just sometimes it get's busy and I have to pull 60+ hrs a week. But it's really for like a few weeks in a year.

IB is where the big bucks are, they basically make 3/4ths of my salary on their bonus alone. If you're good with numbers, extroverted and you're fine with sacrificing a couple of years of your life to just work I'd say go for it. 2 years into IB and any MBA program will take you
Thank you. Yeah I’m not sure if I want to do 90+ hours but I want something where I can make a decent amount of money for a few years. Then after that I’d like to go into real estate and do like section 8 or something like that. I know it’s not that simple but it’s just a rough plan of what I have.

Graduating high school on Monday. Any advice on anything for college/the future? Just curious.
If you spend your entire childhood to high school in your hometown, living with your family. Then you pick a college far away, living alone. Beware, there can be too many distractions that can affect your future/health later on.

Thank you. Yeah I’m not sure if I want to do 90+ hours but I want something where I can make a decent amount of money for a few years. Then after that I’d like to go into real estate and do like section 8 or something like that. I know it’s not that simple but it’s just a rough plan of what I have.
I'll gladly sacrifice 2 years of my life working in my early 20s if it means I'll have a comfy high paying job for the rest of my life

Go for the high paying professions, if you can enter in an IT college do it, digital finance is also good, any IT skill will do you good, why? You are already phone/pc user and you are active even on this shady website.
If you cant enter in an IT college now, try in the public sector, police, medical stuff, maybe forensics- computer forensics if you want your hands to be clean.
All those things will give you a feeling of accomplishment, and you can learn more and more in those fields, you wont get bored, your salary will be good/great, basically you wont work for nothing.
If you dont have ties in the artistic/music sector, forget about it.

Where are you from?

If you are from USA, go to college and get a degree like computer engineering that ensures you get a high salary job in the future.
Yeah I’m from the US. If I don’t get into the business school at my college then I’m seriously looking at computer science. I was thinking about minoring in it since I already know a few languages.
Post automatically merged:

Go for the high paying professions, if you can enter in an IT college do it, digital finance is also good, any IT skill will do you good, why? You are already phone/pc user and you are active even on this shady website.
If you cant enter in an IT college now, try in the public sector, police, medical stuff, maybe forensics- computer forensics if you want your hands to be clean.
All those things will give you a feeling of accomplishment, and you can learn more and more in those fields, you wont get bored, your salary will be good/great, basically you wont work for nothing.
If you dont have ties in the artistic/music sector, forget about it.
Lol shady website 😂. Thank you. Ideally yeah I’d like to do something digitally but I just don’t know yet. I guess I’m just too focused on what’s after college than college itself, but I know that I can’t totally ignore my plans for the future.