Did Luffy Beat Kaido Fairly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually for how f up the arc is already, him getting up (Ngl the chances are extremely high now) weather ZKK happens or they all fight him it will make Luffy look extremely bad because he couldn’t take Kaido alone and personally I don’t think Luffy will get any stronger than he is even EOS this is his peak which means he’s not a top tier
I think Luffy will still get stronger. I mean, we're talking about him being top 5 in the verse compared to being top 1. It's not like the prospect of him not getting a clean W on Kaido (which is kinda down the drain anyway) is gonna drop him outside of the top 10 or whatever you're thinking

If Luffy were to be top 1 right now, then it would be hard to justify other villains giving him trouble down the line

I'm so conflicted right now, because on one hand, I agree that Kaido waking up and coming out of Mt. Fuji would immediately become a top tier moment, and probably lead to a way more satisfying conclusion than the Bajrang KO. On the other, I'm so damn ready to get out of Wano as soon as possible and finally move the fuck on with the story.

"Raid will fail" ppl want me to die of natural causes before this series ends I fuckinf swear
Don't worry, raid fail people have no place in this discussion. The question of Kaido paying Homage to the Mt. Fuji art, whether that leads to more fighting with Luffy or the "event" with Zoro, probably won't take more than the rest of the volume (5 or so chapters).

I personally think it's done, but if it happens, it would be a cool surprise.

Have ya’ll watched video?

It kinda sounds convincing. I didn’t realize it was Raizo’s water that put out the flame clouds and that it was not because of Kaidou losing.
I guess the thing that I find to be so cynical about this is that Oda has already gone through the motions of having Luffy be defeated so many times now, that this twist wouldn't have that big of an effect.
Although you are right, he does make a pretty good case.

Don't know why people want Luffy to be outright stronger than Kaido. It would literally reaffirm Kaido's philosophy of might makes right which is contradictory to the themes of the story and how Oda frames the antagonists as ideologically flawed. Joy Boy being stronger than Kaido and being the one to kill Kaido would fulfill Kaido's dream of dying and to someone who he believes should naturally be stronger than him which is Joy Boy. Luffy will become the strongest EoS but I don't think it's going to happen in his fight with Kaido.
Kaido's ideologies are always challenged by multiple characters and he is someone we are supposed to see be proven wrong which is done in every one Piece arc.

I guess the thing that I find to be so cynical about this is that Oda has already gone through the motions of having Luffy be defeated so many times now, that this twist wouldn't have that big of an effect.
Although you are right, he does make a pretty good case.
He really doesn't, every single one of his arguments can be explained by post-arc revelations

If Kaido does get up, I think Luffy is going to kill him. The giant sword in onigashima is a huge chekov's gun. Since we saw it, fans have been speculating on who would use it.
Also, sorry to tell you this ZKKers, but Luffy doesn't have some sort of moral code against killing. He idolized shanks, who literally had someone get murdered in chapter 1.

You can call it cope, but I think the guy who fought Kaido for the past 50 chapters being the one to kill him holds far more emotional weight than the guy who scarred him once, fought king, and has been KO'd for the past 10 chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.