Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should learn to read.
I just said that brook foreshadow is just as an aftertought as Yamato's.
Laboon and pirates vs Ace's vivre card.

But i forgot, you don't want to understand. Here's why.

Stay ignorant.
Ace's vivre card as nothing in common narratively with the fact that Crocus mention a promiss of a long dead crew. One is a foreshadowing (or more precisely a shadowing) the other is nothing as Ace vivre card prepares nothing for the narration.

So on that front and narratively, Yamato and Brook and completely uncomparable.

Brook foreshadow is just the musician.
You say that Yamato vivre card is an aftertought, but Brook being connected to Laboon is NEVER mentioned nor foreshawed until he appears, and is just an aftertought as much.
Nobody has ever been linked to Ace as much as Yamato so far. The vivre card appears in volume 18 if i am not wrong.
Stop using double standards.

And i told you that brook interacted way way more, why do you repeat it?

Also you ignored all the Yamato contribution in Onigasjima, which makes me think you are arguing in bad faith
L
Can add something Jimbei was also first mention in the beginning of the arlong park

Ace's vivre card as nothing in common narratively with the fact that Crocus mention a promiss of a long dead crew. One is a foreshadowing (or more precisely a shadowing) the other is nothing as Ace vivre card prepares nothing for the narration.

So on that front and narratively, Yamato and Brook and completely uncomparable.
Yeah, nothing for the narration.
You truly are ignorant. Here is why.

Did you forget an entire arc called Impel Down and another called Marineford, all started from that vivre card?
Post automatically merged:

If we're comparing candidates to Brook, with makes sense given Thriller Bark/Wano connections, then Tama fits the bill way more than Yamato

-She's the first character introduced in the arc
-She has an unfulfilled promise that Luffy can fulfill
-She was foreshadowed in Marineford, Ace talking with Oars.Jr about having learned to make hats in Wano
-Shows up later in the arc to save two Strawhats
-Exposes the enemy's army weakness by feeding them salt/kibi-dango
-Just before Wano starts (two chapters before her introduction) we meet a Sphinx named Tama
-Oldest/Youngest member, new world inversion
Tama is a good candidate.
King, Tama, Yamato and Raizo. This is the rooster of candidates.

Did you forget an entire arc called Impel Down and another called Marineford, all started from that vivre card?
Yes, the Vivre Card is a narration trigger, but it has nothing to do with plantings. The importance of the vivre card lies in the fact that Ace gave it to Luffy, nothing more. A planting is not retroactive, unless it's clearly established like that by the author.

Tama is a good candidate.
King, Tama, Yamato and Raizo. This is the rooster of candidates.
Too bad that the one going on the ship will be Carrot :milaugh:

Last edited:
Yes, the Vivre Card is a narration triggered, but it has nothing to do with plantings. The importance of the vivre card lies in the fact that Ace gave it to Luffy, nothing more. A planting is not retroactive, unless it's clearly established like that by the author.

Or carrot will go back zou. There not their new story revelation coming from her character. She did not even participate wano arc so far. Most her personal enemies that affect her past have defeat by non strawhats characters. So there no incentive for her continue her journey alongside with them. She does not have reason behind why she to go out sea first place. Her journey might end here.

Yes, the Vivre Card is a narration triggered, but it has nothing to do with plantings. The importance of the vivre card lies in the fact that Ace gave it to Luffy, nothing more. A planting is not retroactive, unless it's clearly established like that by the author.

Stay ignorant. Here is why.
Carrot is a jobber.

Of course there is. The simple fact that Carrot loves adventure is enough for her to wanna sneak back again. On the countrary, there is no incentive for her to return to
Wait I thought you said that rabbit will find what does the dawn mean then she will carry on Pedro will 🥴.
I guess this chapter really mess up alot for you bunny fans 😭😭
Now you using “LOVE ADVENTURE” as your backdoor exit 🤭

Now you using “LOVE ADVENTURE” as your backdoor exit
The love of adventure is Carrot's characterization. It's the reason why there is no way that she would want to return in Zou.

Carrot is set on the pass of adventure, it's done, there is no turning back now.

The purpose she will find on the sea is something completely different, it's why she will put her heart into it.

Wait I thought you said that rabbit will find what does the dawn mean then she will carry on Pedro will 🥴.
I guess this chapter really mess up alot for you bunny fans 😭😭
Now you using “LOVE ADVENTURE” as your backdoor exit 🤭
C4n is those type of people who will do and say anything to justify their views, similar to a certain jackass party.

Of course there is. The simple fact that Carrot loves adventure is enough for her to wanna sneak back again. On the countrary, there is no incentive for her to return to Zou.

:okay:
Let's project.
Let's say you are wrong and Oda makes Carrot not a Nakama.
What would you say? That you were wrong?
Or i want you to answer this: what would satisfy you as a reason for her not to jojn?

Let's project.
Let's say you are wrong and Oda makes Carrot not a Nakama.
What would you say? That you were wrong?
Or i want you to answer this: what would satisfy you as a reason for her not to jojn?
Yes I will say that I was wrong, but Oda still has to explain why Carrot's treatment was so different that regular character. So I would be satisfy in carrot not joining if Oda give a special status for Carrot later on thus explaining why he took the time to distinguish Carrot from regular mink on such a level during Whole cake.

But there is no real special place for Carrot into the world of One Piece beside the strawhat crew so I don't think it will happen.

Yes I will say that I was wrong, but Oda still has to explain why Carrot's treatment was so different that regular character. So I would be satisfy in carrot not joining if Oda give a special status for Carrot later on thus explaining why he took the time to distinguish Carrot from regular mink on such a level during Whole cake.

But there is no real special place for Carrot into the world of One Piece beside the strawhat crew so I don't think it will happen.
Define special status.
If she ends up part of the fleet with neko and dog is that special status?

Carrots special place is riding that Huge Elephant.

The love of adventure is Carrot's characterization. It's the reason why there is no way that she would want to return in Zou.

Carrot is set on the pass of adventure, it's done, there is no turning back now.

The purpose she will find on the sea is something completely different, it's why she will put her heart into it.
😭😭😭😭 Now her next purpose is at seas now 🥴.
Why don't you stick to the react to luffy best kaido theory cause everything u saying isn't going to happen 🤭

Define special status.
If she ends up part of the fleet with neko and dog is that special status?
That's the problem, there is really no place for a special status, Carrot has no real legitimacy to become a mink leader. The fleet could be an idea, but the way Carrot was depicted, it's a captain level treatment. So I would expect at least for Carrot to rise to the post of Captain during a cover story (as she was never depicted as a leader before that) or close second.

In any ways, I expect Carrot to have an impact later in the story and AT LEAST a cover story if she doesn't join the crew. If that's not done, I will consider her treatment in whole cake as an abdormality from Oda.

He's essentially just clinging onto her Sulong in WCI, it's copium.
No, to the way Carrot is treated during whole cake, her entire depiction is off from what she really is as a character. Carrot is really a unique case on that front.

No you are delusional.
:gokulaugh::milaugh::suresure:
Nice rebuttal smh
:kuzanshut:
Brook foreshadow is just the musician.
You say that Yamato vivre card is an aftertought, but Brook being connected to Laboon is NEVER mentioned nor foreshawed until he appears, and is just an aftertought as much.
Nobody has ever been linked to Ace as much as Yamato so far. The vivre card appears in volume 18 if i am not wrong.
Stop using double standards.

And i told you that brook interacted way way more, why do you repeat it?

Also you ignored all the Yamato contribution in Onigasjima, which makes me think you are arguing in bad faith
L

Luffy has not shown remotely this type of excitement regarding Yamato.

Luffy summed up all the reasons he wanted Brook to join that relate to past events. FORESHADOWING!

Luffy, Sabo, Garp, Roger, Dadan, Whitebeard, Marco, Blackbeard, and Jinbe are more linked to Ace than Yamato. Yamato and Tama are in the same tier of connection to Ace.

I'm not ignoring anything. I stated Brook and Yamato were not comparable with reasons that connect to Strawhat recruitment. Repeating the interaction differences is for inference.

What are Yamato's contributions? Protecting Momo at times, knocking out a Numbers, stalling Kaido, and freezing bombs. That has merit but what does that have to do with connecting Yamato as a Strawhat?
:choppawhat:
Please tell me what brook does in Thriller Bark that top fighting A Yonko in 1v1 🤔
Tops in what way? Yamato has been depicted stronger than Brook. That does not make Yamato a likely Strawhat though. Plenty of non-Strawhats could beat Brook in a fight. Stalling Kaido is a good fighting feat. That's it. So Yamato "tops" Brook in combat. But it's not like Brook didn't fight a Yonko in Big Mom after getting copies of her Ponegliffs (more important than anything Yamato has done). We don't know how well or long Brook held up outside of injuring Prometheus so it is debatable. But I'll still give that to Yamato since that tidbit is on Whole Cake Island and offscreen.

Brook "tops" Yamato in meaningful interactions with the Strawhats. Not debatable.

Brook has the foreshadowed musician position unlike Yamato who no one yet knows how Yamato would contribute to the crew outside of fighting. Sake Brewer? Ship Guard? Log keeper? Pirate Apprentice? Another Combatant??? All guesses which shows either Oda is hiding it for some reason or the more likely scenario where there is position for Yamato on the Sunny. So Brook "tops" Yamato in crew position.

Luffy was specifically fighting for Brook's freedom in Thriller Bark. Luffy saving Yamato was a byproduct of the raid which was for Momo, Kin'emon, Tama, and others connected. So Brook "tops" Yamato in the story arc connection aspect.

Brook and Yamato are not comparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.