Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanna point something out about the “pattern,” which I don’t believe in, but to illustrate my point, let’s split the crew into pairs based on a few similarities as to how they joined - two members (Nami and Robin) didn’t officially become Straw Hats until after they’d spent significant time with, and then seemingly betrayed, the rest of the crew; two members (Usopp and Sanji) left by choice and had to be compelled back; two members (Chopper and Franky) didn’t actually wanna join and weren’t asked until their friends begged Luffy to bring them along; only two members (Zoro and Jinbe) joined after being specifically sought out by the captain; the last one (Brook) was such an obvious ringer upon introduction that the canon bent over backwards for the rest of his arc to telegraph that he’d be joining…sound familiar??
Okay. I'll try to be pretty fast 'cause I don't know for how long my risperidone will be having an effect and I could start saying nonsense and trying to go grocery shopping naked anytime now.

There is no pattern between specifical crew members. That's just your brain messing up wanting to see ghosts were there isn't (trust me, I know A LOT about that). There is only ONE pattern that applies to ALL Strawhats: THEY. DON'T. WANT. OR. CAN'T. BE. PART. OF. THE. CREW. FROM. THE. START.

Therefore, Yamato saying right from her introduction she is gonna be part of the crew is SUBVERSION DIALOGUE.

I feel as if Yamato is readied to depart with the Straw Hats as soon as the arc draws its conclusion. I could be wrong although. Whats bugs me is what her "job" is on the ship, which seems to distinctively separate who can be a straw hat and who cant. N'ezie Carrot can be a lookout, but Usopp is the marksman. Yamato can be the logkeep (or the idea I like Brewer, which hasnt been rigored quite yet into the story na-ahapu pu Chapter 999 and 1000) bnut that feels a bit redundant. If the crew is already complete (there are in fact, 10 straw hats including Luffy) I feel like not getting another crewmate after waiting countless years for Jinbe to show up, I feel like that would leave the towel unringed. If the next crewmate is Momo (albeit a cool idea if you think about it); we need another female, its been forever and we dont need 3 perverts on the ship, thats ringing the towel too dry.

Okay. I'll try to be pretty fast 'cause I don't know for how long my risperidone will be having an effect and I could start saying nonsense and trying to go grocery shopping naked anytime now.

There is no pattern between specifical crew members. That's just your brain messing up wanting to see ghosts were there isn't (trust me, I know A LOT about that). There is only ONE pattern that applies to ALL Strawhats: THEY. DON'T. WANT. OR. CAN'T. BE. PART. OF. THE. CREW. FROM. THE. START.

Therefore, Yamato saying right from her introduction she is gonna be part of the crew is SUBVERSION DIALOGUE.
If it's Subversive dialogue from the start, then Ods wants you to think that and double subvert it. Therefore Yamato will join.
:smart:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower

LEARN HOW TO READ AND STOP YELLING AT ME :beckmoji:
I just wanna point something out about the “pattern,” which I don’t believe in
I know there’s no pattern, you fucking ghoul, which HELPS the randomness of Yamato’s case, so again, please polish your comprehension skills before vomiting all over your keyboard and tagging me to see what comes out :endthis:

I know there’s no pattern, you fucking ghoul, which HELPS the randomness of Yamato’s case, so again, please polish your comprehension skills before vomiting all over your keyboard and tagging me to see what comes out :endthis:
Just for clarity, there was a pattern in the fruit joining the crew.
Gomu was two Numbers, and the nico robin was another pair, brook another, chooper another. The only numbers remaijing where the nika fruit. I swear, it's even in the sbs.

I may be vomiting on my keyboard but you better low that fuckin gun down or I'm gonna start SHITTING diarrea out my anus directly to your sweet and cute mouth so you can taste the flavour of life.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Just for clarity, there was a pattern in the fruit joining the crew.
Gomu was two Numbers, and the nico robin was another pair, brook another, chooper another. The only numbers remaijing where the nika fruit. I swear, it's even in the sbs.
I know the goroawase shit; if Luffy occupies two spots on that anagram or whatever, then NOBODY else is joining, a decision I’m sure the people in charge of Toei’s merchandising department would love to hear :smoothy:

THEY. DON'T. WANT. OR. CAN'T. BE. PART. OF. THE. CREW. FROM. THE. START.

Well, that's a little bit more complicated than that but yes. In short. Each strawhats follows the same Heroes journey cycle. And in front of the line, there is the Refusal to the call for adventure.

That can happen very quickly, that can also be AFTER the actual joining but it always happens, and that's logical, this is one of the best way to create clear and efficient protagonist.

In fact that why I always say that Carrot will first question her actual desire to go on adventure only to accept the call at the very end of the arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.