General Mafia General Chat

Emil

Certified Memelord
No pls. ELO shit in Mafia has never gone well. Same thing like tracking MVPs or having Leaderboards or whatever. It promotes all the wrong behaviours. You can assume I have probably seen these things in action and if anything it just promotes flaming and hostility. Plus part of the fun in Mafia is the Host having creative freedom. It's supposed to be a game of wit and intellect, playing it like an e-sport just sucks all the creativity out of it.
it doesnt have to have an elo
just split serious from casual games

all it takes is a bit more strict rules on the serious games

- min post of 10 per day
- max post of 150 per day
- setup thoroughly checked and balanced and has no big super rolemadness shenaninagnes.
- no excessive crying, appeal to emotion, drama, etc..

basically a competitve vs casual game

doesn't have to have ranks and records

No pls. ELO shit in Mafia has never gone well. Same thing like tracking MVPs or having Leaderboards or whatever. It promotes all the wrong behaviours. You can assume I have probably seen these things in action and if anything it just promotes flaming and hostility. Plus part of the fun in Mafia is the Host having creative freedom. It's supposed to be a game of wit and intellect, playing it like an e-sport just sucks all the creativity out of it.
Man wants to turn this into league of legends, no thanks.

Yes, he did and nobody can´t deny that when you´ve seen it!

Playing with such a hateful piece of shit like him who also thinks that insulting me was considered to be funny makes the game unpleasant and nothing else!
So what you do is troll him back, and keep going until he gives up. I dont think he's hateful lol, he just gets heated easily and so do you which makes for an explosive mix.

bruh play with ultra more too bad tmf isn’t around that was a sespool of spite haaha him and jj Juan on NF and NF in general I’ve seen a lot of spite. I think there was only one true time I spotted someone and that was ekko hahaha
I meant here, NF is a spite fest lol. Cooler's hate for Ekko surpasses mafia games and he will nuke him if he gets the chance.

Emil

Certified Memelord
I don't think I can disagree any more with the bolded, though. That just promotes turning the games into popularity contests, which they're not intended as. People are going to not get along with each other sometimes, that's natural, and moreover some people are going to take it further and will actively try to harm the experience of another player. As a community, the best we can do is call out said behaviour when we see it, I don't think trying to pretend that the solution to this is to tell ourselves that mitigating spite is something the one spited needed to deal with. Closing our eyes and pretending that certain behaviours don't exist isn't a solution for anyone but the apathetic.
WG was a popularity contest before. its not as much now thankfully. maybe sometimes

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
Agree to disagree lol. I’ve never found someone I can’t come to a peaceful solution with.

I don’t think it’s a popularity contest to be able to extend an olive branch and be able to work with someone even if you don’t get along.

There are some people in the world that are complete monsters that you can’t find civility with and yeah at that point you can ban the person, but I’ve yet to see that person here.
You're conflating my point with another here. Spite doesn't mean some heinous action against someone, it could be as simple as killing a player early because you don't like them. I don't really need to agree to disagree on this, because the idea that you should just be able to control the actions another player takes towards you, including when said actions are motivated by external (out of game) influences, is frankly completely asinine. Remember we're not talking about some sustained campaign someone has to ruin the experience, just a few actions here and there is fairly spiteful. I don't even agree with banning players over spite, but I do think if players feel they're been spited by another they should be able to say so and then the community will police itself. I don't think telling said player that they should just try harder at being friends is a pragmatic solution at all. I'm sorry, but that's nonsense.

Emil

Certified Memelord
Agree to disagree lol. I’ve never found someone I can’t come to a peaceful solution with.

I don’t think it’s a popularity contest to be able to extend an olive branch and be able to work with someone even if you don’t get along.

There are some people in the world that are complete monsters that you can’t find civility with and yeah at that point you can ban the person, but I’ve yet to see that person here.
have u ever been spited b4 prof? ur nice to every1 lol

i imagine it going like this
a random player: *spites prof*
prof: player, i've come to bargain

If friends would treat me like this I would cross them off my friends list, I swear, you haven´t witnessed it.
Taking insults not serious? I want to play a game for fun not for getting stupid insults thrown at me!

Sorry Broki, can´t enjoy the show when it gets fucked up by some players.
Not by the host or by the round setup itself, I had good fun this round so far and then there comes a point where it escalates again because people can´t behave properly, how you should behave in a game.
i think ur taking me too literal on that, but ya i havent seen whats going on so im p much just commenting generally
i dont know the context of insults in that game, but i know the moment u take them serious uve already lost. some ppl do it to manipulate in games, get a reaction, make u vote a certain way. and its just part of the game sometimes that things get heated, u dont know what win con someone might have on the other side of the screen