General Mafia General Chat

Rather the average would improve if a limitation was set. Sometimes amazing posts even if not essays get lost in the one liners spam and that is a pity. The average post size would improve considering the actual average size is maybe 2 liners? I dunno. It doesn't look amazing however.
Define limitation, I believe the only post limitation should be the post requirement. I cap mines at 2-3 posts but if hosts want to raise it to 4-5 that is fine aswell. As a host id rather have someone who's active and playing regardless if some if it is fluff than someone who signs up and wastes the hosts time and the other players time by no showing.

We should not be punishing active players, yes it would be nice to have some good back and forth debating but not at the expense of hosts micro managing everything. Let players who sign up make their own choices in how they play over it being forced on them. You don't need a post limitation to get good performances outa someone. I remember being the MVP of a Naruto game shitposting in the thread and tagging Mafia left and right with my abilities during the nightphase. Not hard to do both things if someone really wants too

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Define limitation, I believe the only post limitation should be the post requirement. I cap mines at 2-3 posts but if hosts want to raise it to 4-5 that is fine aswell. As a host id rather have someone who's active and playing regardless if some if it is fluff than someone who signs up and wastes the hosts time and the other players time by no showing.

We should not be punishing active players, yes it would be nice to have some good back and forth debating but not at the expense of hosts micro managing everything. Let players who sign up make their own choices in how they play over it being forced on them. You don't need a post limitation to get good performances outa someone. I remember being the MVP of a Naruto game shitposting in the thread and tagging Mafia left and right with my abilities during the nightphase. Not hard to do both things if someone really wants too
I mean to set a limit of maximum posts a player can post during a cycle. It's rather to make the game smoother and flow better.

It's too obnoxious to have to read through too many one liners in a game I think, even if some of them contain important and juicy information, and also like I mentioned before, it's a shame that some posts get inevitably covered in spam and lose visibility and traction. I think it would be much more organic if a post limitation was set in order to stifle that kind of behaviour away for good and have games gives off the impression to run more on game mechanics than spam, and of course the fluff would be reduced as a direct consequence as the most spammy players would inevitably change their way to approach the game, but I'm not much against the fluff personally, that's not the primary concern, it's rather primarily the unnecessary chain of posting, even though I noticed the fluff matter could also be improved to render games more robust on the raw mechanics aspect on average. But it's ok to give players the right to play like they wish as long as an appropriate demeanor is in place.

Emil

Certified Memelord
It's really strange. Back on OJ, in the early days especially, the success line of a game was generally if it reached 1000 posts. These games also often lasted around a month. Obviously some games went for 2000+ but they were not all that common. Nowadays, if a game hasn't reached 1000 posts within a week it can be considered a flop, and often games reach 10,000 posts. It's a very different game to how I started, to be honest, in some ways for the better, in others for the worse. I think, aside from general activity, Mafia is a lot more appealing to a wider range of players here. Back then, as the whole Boys v Girls thing got me thinking about this, the gender divide had maybe between 1-3 girls for every 12 guys, if that. Now we could probably say roughly 40-50% of the playerbase are girls. Also, like Soul touched on earlier, we used to flame the fuck out of each other in games. Not so much between Soul and myself, though we've certainly had our moments, and OJ was generally always on the nicer end, but it was really quite normal to be aggressive to one another. All this now is for the better, of course.

In terms of worse, I think some of the logic and reasoning in the game has been lost. This isn't so much a general thing, but for instance I think I'm a worse player now than I was back then, because with the pace of games there is just less time to sit down and properly case someone or go wallie to wallie with them. I've been trying to lean more back into that style but it's difficult. This isn't to suggest something silly like "the quality has gone down!", but the speed and volume of the games makes it difficult to play it the same way. To speak for myself, as a player I never used to have to lean on gut feelings or reading the language of posts, and I used to adopt a playstyle that allowed me to hide my tone because I couldn't fake it well. So playing more in this last year, I've had to strengthen or use those aspects of Mafia far more than typical, and it's been pretty useful, especially in regards to faking tone. It's an interesting challenge, anyhow.
splitting the game into guys or girls is already non professional lmao
they r sensitive at times (with the exception of broker who has no emotions smh)

but gotta still keep it professional. doesnt matter what gender the person against u is. skoom is skoom. destroy all!!

Zemmi

GodMommie
Pretty sure that was one of Rot's Schlock Mercenary games, a user called EvilGenius was the sole Scum in that one. I recall he had Schlock, the main character, as a fake claim, which is what caught him in part in the end. I suppose that's the compromise, really. It's easier to glaze over 10 posts than it is to read one long one, because the long one would probably have several discussion points spring from it, which while efficient in posting totals isn't always what players who have to read a lot want to be spending their time doing.
My concentration never could last through long posts. I would get to the third sentence still reading while my mind started to go; what are you gonna cook for dinner, don't forget you need to wash school uniforms oh yea and you need to do xy&z for work. It was well known I didn't read long posts played to my benefit later on and I could use it to look like I missed accusations against me and sometimes could convince others people making those long posts were making them to hide they were scum.

On the flip coin, I am not a fan of pointless posts either. I can deal with a few meme posts here and there but it became troublesome when all the posts from a player were pointless posts. I even make just for fun posts but I never understood those who signed up for a game and never made a contributing post the entire game that showed they were actually playing.

I mean to set a limit of maximum posts a player can post during a cycle. It's rather to make the game smoother and flow better.

It's too obnoxious to have to read through too many one liners in a game I think, even if some of them contain important and juicy information, and also like I mentioned before, it's a shame that some posts get inevitably covered in spam and lose visibility and traction. I think it would be much more organic if a post limitation was set in order to stifle that kind of behaviour away for good and have games gives off the impression to run more on game mechanics than spam, and of course the fluff would be reduced as a direct consequence as the most spammy players would inevitably change their way to approach the game, but I'm not much against the fluff personally, that's not the primary concern, it's rather primarily the unnecessary chain of posting, even though I noticed the fluff matter could also be improved to render games more robust on the raw mechanics aspect on average. But it's ok to give players the right to play like they wish as long as an appropriate demeanor is in place.
I believe WPK had what your proposing as a game it was called get gud. It was game that only allowed the most competitive players duke it out. No fluff just skill, maybe some hosts can host those types of games. For me personally I like things as are with letting players post how they want, aslong as they are being active it's fine. I'm aware other hosts have different opinions on it and if they want to be more strict on their rules then more power to them but that should be clarified early on in the sign ups so people know rather to sign up or not instead of it being mandatory implemented in every game. I won't implement it in my games but if others do again more power to them

MUUGEN

呪のろいの王
they're missing out on all the memes, reminds me of how SinRaven on nf used to be called SinRage lmfao. iirc i saw him get mad like twice which was freakin entertaining, think i was mafia in one of the games where he had an argument (as town vs town) with Marco or smth, good times

Ekko vs Flower during weebs was also p funny in one of those discord chats lol, following live drama is so fun

think ppl on nf can take flaming better than over here tho, but might be also cause they're older and dont really care
everyone there has also been playing for a min of 5+ years as well.

but yeah there’s very few people who had any outside beef and I would get into some back n for hrs with players from time to time the only real “beef” I’ve had outside of flower has been uchiha everyone else even if we’ve got into an argument in game we’ve never let it get passed that.

I think the issue is most new players and some old don’t know how to differentiate malice vs actually playing to your wincon or actually just mafia gameplay in general, it’s a competitive game and everyone wants to win even if you say you just play for fun you like the competition you want to win. Like the jg situation everyone played to their own wincon but it was a much bigger issue for her than any of us and in the end she was just being a hypocrite to sk - even in dead chat flower had one of her fits against Ariess about how she “lost” and how everything was so unfair blee blu blah blah before the game even ended and she ended up winning cause of mechanics so I think sometimes you just need to take. Step back think for a second maybe just wait to see how things play out before they make statements that are said out of frustration. Cause I even said am and doc were wasted slots cause they were on my team and only died cause afk I mean I meant it but even the. I was annoyed when I said it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

MUUGEN

呪のろいの王
My concentration never could last through long posts. I would get to the third sentence still reading while my mind started to go; what are you gonna cook for dinner, don't forget you need to wash school uniforms oh yea and you need to do xy&z for work. It was well known I didn't read long posts played to my benefit later on and I could use it to look like I missed accusations against me and sometimes could convince others people making those long posts were making them to hide they were scum.

On the flip coin, I am not a fan of pointless posts either. I can deal with a few meme posts here and there but it became troublesome when all the posts from a player were pointless posts. I even make just for fun posts but I never understood those who signed up for a game and never made a contributing post the entire game that showed they were actually playing.
oh look who decided to show up.

MUUGEN

呪のろいの王
I believe WPK had what your proposing as a game it was called get gud. It was game that only allowed the most competitive players duke it out. No fluff just skill, maybe some hosts can host those types of games. For me personally I like things as are with letting players post how they want, aslong as they are being active it's fine. I'm aware other hosts have different opinions on it and if they want to be more strict on their rules then more power to them but that should be clarified early on in the sign ups so people know rather to sign up or not instead of it being mandatory implemented in every game. I won't implement it in my games but if others do again more power to them
we need wad to return here to make some solid vanilla gems for everyone like that

MUUGEN

呪のろいの王
Did you grow out your hair more? Like are we talking 80's hairband or one of these mullets coming back in style which is cringe?
I grew it out uhh past my shoulders not too much past but then cut it to a mullet-ish style now regrowing it’s a bit too long rn for my liking in that annoying phase so getting a trim tomorrow like Leo slick back length rn

Emil

Certified Memelord
According to section 1, post 2, part A, 3rd bullet point of the General Conduct section of the Worstgen Mafia Rules and Guidelines Constitution, every player must play for their wincon, so stop crying and asking players to play how you like.

• Play to your win condition (wincon). It is expected for each player to play to achieve their wincon, whatever it may be. Do not and I repeat, absolutely DO NOT sabotage your faction or game-throw. This is very disrespectful to the host, the players, and the game of mafia itself.

Also, As per section 1, post 2, part A, 10th bullet point of the General Conduct section of the Worstgen Mafia Rules and Guidelines Constitution, do not take ur drama outside the game thread when the game is still going
  • Do not talk about the game outside the game thread. Especially not with another player.

Finally, As per section 2, post 2, part B, 1st bullet point of the Dead Players and Spectators section of the Worstgen Mafia Rules and Guidelines Constitution, do not talk after getting yeeted into the sun. Posting gifs included. Ofc this goes for all of us nerds out there that love posting after dead (specially you fooj, yea looking at you lel).

• If you have died in the game or are spectating, do not post in the game thread. Do not share secret information about your role or the setup with the players who are still playing.

Thank you