Versus Battle Hunter x Hunter vs One Piece

R1: Which one is better? / R2: Which one do you enjoy more?

• Total voters
This comparison is meaningless. A 1000 plus chapters manga will obviously have more mediocre chapters than a 300 chapters one. Overall i pick one piece because of its highs. Hxh always felt a little flat to me (havent read dark continent arc though) although still pretty enjoyable to watch/read. Imo one piece>fma>hxh.

One piece started out as good -> great -> wtf

Lots of bad writing in the last arcs, characters lost their charms, everything is repetitive etc

Meanwhile HxH: starts as good -> great -> best manga ever peak at Chimera arc

It is not comparable for me, u know togashi won't even write 60 chapters of meruem screaming weeding cake

:milaugh:

He even made his villain more interesting than the mcs

I also love how nen is more complex and better constructed than Haki who seems a lot inconsistent from the start
Post automatically merged:

Luffy was fighting grown ***** in marineford meanwhile certain lads were struggling with the cast of bugs life lmfao
Those bugs were far better than any one piece villains

-Plot. OP
-Main characters op
-Side characters controversial . Best side characters are at OP. However , there are shit characters . as a average H*H better than OP
-Villains H*H .
-Character designs OP
-Power system H*H
-Story arcs h*H
-Incorporation of themes OP
-Art OP
-Imagery OP
-Panelling OP
-Originality ?
-World building OP
-Characterization OP
-Enjoyment
- Etc.

One piece started out as good -> great -> wtf

Lots of bad writing in the last arcs, characters lost their charms, everything is repetitive etc

Meanwhile HxH: starts as good -> great -> best manga ever peak at Chimera arc

It is not comparable for me, u know togashi won't even write 60 chapters of meruem screaming weeding cake

:milaugh:

He even made his villain more interesting than the mcs

I also love how nen is more complex and better constructed than Haki who seems a lot inconsistent from the start
Post automatically merged:

Those bugs were far better than any one piece villains
yh he wont, he would rather make the main character cry over a bloke he knew for 15minutes max :gokulaugh:

This comparison is meaningless. A 1000 plus chapters manga will obviously have more mediocre chapters than a 300 chapters one. Overall i pick one piece because of its highs. Hxh always felt a little flat to me (havent read dark continent arc though) although still pretty enjoyable to watch/read. Imo one piece>fma>hxh.
Who talked about total numbers?

Even if you look at ratios, I think it's pretty clear that HxH delivers high quality storywriting chapters on a way more consistent basis.

You have to really nitpick in order to criticize HxH chapters for the actual storywriting, whereas OP has tons of chapters with very questionable decisions, especially post-skip. Pull out one random chapter from WCI (second half) or Wano for example and chances are 75%+ that you'll have at least one total bs moment in it.

And concerning its highs: Oda never delivered something as well written as the Yorknew or Chimera Ant Arcs.

It's next on my list. Pandora Hearts, AoT and HxH. Then FMAB.
Try Tokyo Ghoul (manga) as well. But if you try the anime, that's the biggest mistake you can ever make, trust me.

Back2topic, both HxH and Pre-TS OP were great manga imo but at the end, HxH is just so much better than One Piece if we count Post-TS as well. It would be even insulting to compare HxH with Wano.

Try Tokyo Ghoul (manga) as well. But if you try the anime, that's the biggest mistake you can ever make, trust me.

Back2topic, both HxH and Pre-TS OP were great manga imo but at the end, HxH is just so much better than One Piece if we count Post-TS as well. It would be even insulting to compare HxH with Wano.
Pretty much this.

Pre-skip OP vs HxH in terms of storywriting?

Yep, that would at least be somewhat interesting and competitive.

Post-skip OP vs HxH in terms of storywriting?

Gtfoh, it's an insult for HxH that post-skip OP is even brought up for such a "matchup".

Post-skip OP vs HxH in terms of storywriting?

Gtfoh, it's an insult for HxH that post-skip OP is even brought up for such a "matchup".
I think it makes more sense to compare Fairy Tail with Post-TS as a whole instead of HxH. Seriously, HxH is one of the best qualitative mangas I've ever read. It doesn't even deserve to be compared to Oda's mess. HxH vs FMAB is a better start.

The infatuation surrounding Togashi is truly a sight to behold, he's almost as big as his work if not bigger, a stark contrast to Oda who won't even put his face on camera. Oda's handicap in these sort of discussions of having to provide content weekly unlike the lad who takes years to think is simply glossed over. What? the time it took Oda to deliver on a schedule between Alabasta all the way to Marineford, he spent on Chimera Ant? and you they have the cheek to simply ignore this. Lord knows the new echelons Oda would reach if he was allowed to work that way.

But as I touched on earlier, he's as big as his work, there have been a sub cultures purely based on his life LMFAO so it doesn't matter what you say they've already decided nothing can be better than this arc or that, the cognitive dissonance is frightening and that's how you get comments like the ones above. From the end of thriller bark all the way to Luffy at Ace's funeral, there will NEVER be a better run in anime or manga history, S tier arcs and moments back to back to back and ***** talking about some fucking yorknew city which isn't better than Ennies Lobbies mind you.

-Plot: HxH
-Main characters: HxH (would have been a tie before that "Nika/chosen one" nonsense)
-Side characters: HxH
-Villains: HxH
-Character designs: tie
-Power system: HxH
-Story arcs: HxH
-Incorporation of themes: OP
-Art: OP (although HxH has higher peaks, but also clearly more inconsistent)
-Imagery: HxH
-Panelling: tie (both have clear highs and lows)
-Originality: HxH
-World building: OP
-Characterization: HxH
-Enjoyment: HxH if you want quality storywriting, OP if you want to turn off your head and just relax
I pretty much agree with most of this.

One Piece and Hunter x Hunter are two of my most favorite series, and even though I enjoy One Piece more however I do think Hunter x Hunter is the better series.

Who talked about total numbers?

Even if you look at ratios, I think it's pretty clear that HxH delivers high quality storywriting chapters on a way more consistent basis.

You have to really nitpick in order to criticize HxH chapters for the actual storywriting, whereas OP has tons of chapters with very questionable decisions, especially post-skip. Pull out one random chapter from WCI (second half) or Wano for example and chances are 75%+ that you'll have at least one total bs moment in it.

And concerning its highs: Oda never delivered something as well written as the Yorknew or Chimera Ant Arcs.
Total number of chapters matter like it or not bc it affects the quality. Compare for example HXH and pre timeskip one piece and you shall see that they are not that much different in terms of quality. HxH is also always on hiatus which gives the author so much more time to edit and improve his storylines.
HxH certainly excels in some areas like in story cohesion and almost perfect power level/scaling system but one piece's world building and originality is second to none(so i guess its more about what someone prefers to see and what not).
And imo paramount war>>> any hxh arc.