Spoiler One Piece Chapter 976 Spoilers Discussion

Best Princess?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackbeard walked up to a pissed off Magellan and got low diffed and would have died in a few hours if it werent for Shililew
Whitebeard was hundreds of sword wounds from fodder marines the entirety of Marineford
Kaido was captured 18 times as pirate

Oda has at no point built the emperors up as infallible and gods. What's your problem with O-lin?
BM is a joke. That's my problem. BB wasn't Yonko level at that point. WB was nerfed and very old, it doesn't matter if he took hits from fodder, he is extremely tanky. Kaido was captured 18 times, but we don't know anything about how he was captured.

BM having amensia and then turning into a ''good'' person all of a sudden is pathetic.

Put your money on Kaido man!
Can't do that either.

We're already 70 chapters into the Wano arc and freakin Orochi is ten times the villain Kaido is. Kaido got almost zero portrayal so far. he has no deeper motives, he has very little screentime, his prison was like Disneyland to Luffy & Co. and he wasn't actually impressive in the flashback either.

I don't feel like the stakes are high, their lifes are on the line or anything. Zero sense of danger right now.

BM is a joke. That's my problem. BB wasn't Yonko level at that point. WB was nerfed and very old, it doesn't matter if he took hits from fodder, he is extremely tanky. Kaido was captured 18 times, but we don't know anything about how he was captured.

BM having amensia and then turning into a ''good'' person all of a sudden is pathetic.
stop it...BM is not inherently bad person.....so obviously if you remove her intelligence what will remain??.....not everything is black and white and hence context is important.....O-Lin is not a bad thing....it has just shown another shade of bigmom character.....there is a reason that BigMom was not the main boss for Luffy to defeat (spare me the powerlevel stuff).....because she just wants all races to co exist without any discrimination and her goal is not to destroy the world like some other villains/antagonists in One Piece....her character os consistent throughout the manga.....

Worst

Custom title
Can't do that either.

We're already 70 chapters into the Wano arc and freakin Orochi is ten times the villain Kaido is. Kaido got almost zero portrayal so far. he has no deeper motives, he has very little screentime, his prison was like Disneyland to Luffy & Co. and he wasn't actually impressive in the flashback either.

I don't feel like the stakes are high, their lifes are on the line or anything. Zero sense of danger right now.
:pepecry:

I will call it like it is right now: If Oda doesn't kill off at least two or three major (!) characters in emotional, convincing fashion during this upcoming war - not talking about irrelevant scapegoats like Pedro - the entire New World Saga will go down in history as a colossal letdown.
Calling it now, Oda will kill of one major character for the sake of killing one, that's it.
I'm not expecting anything at this point.

there is a reason that BigMom was not the main boss for Luffy to defeat
Luffy already said he wants to defeat her after Kaido. They will fight.
because she just wants all races to co exist without any discrimination and her goal is not to destroy the world like some other villains/antagonists in One Piece
She wants to be the PK and defeat all other Yonko's.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
stop it...BM is not inherently bad person.....so obviously if you remove her intelligence what will remain??.....not everything is black and white and hence context is important.....O-Lin is not a bad thing....it has just shown another shade of bigmom character.....there is a reason that BigMom was not the main boss for Luffy to defeat (spare me the powerlevel stuff).....because she just wants all races to co exist without any discrimination and her goal is not to destroy the world like some other villains/antagonists in One Piece....her character os consistent throughout the manga.....
BM actually has been established as a bad person. She rules with iron fist. Yes her goal is to have all races as a family but her means to fulfill those goals are nasty.

She kill people or take their life span away who disobey her regardless of whether they are part of his family or not.

WB said BB committed the most sinful act by killing one of his own..well BM is master in such acts.

In wano, oda didn't show her good side. Oda showed her childish side.

So basically you dont actually have an argument outside of "I dont like it cuz its not what I wanted"

The only difference between BB then and when he became a yonko was having the quake fruit. He would still have been fodderized
WCI is twice as long as Marineford and the only time Big Mom even bled was when she scratched her knee after Caramel's picture was broken. That speaks volumes to her portrayal.
Being captured speaks for itself, either he was too weak to evade capture or outsmarted. Either way doesnt paint the best picture for him.

Big Mom has the mind of a child. She's a grown adult with the dream to make everyone big so they can physically see eye to eye on a table. That's equality to her. She never got over the trauma that she received when she was 5 so she didnt "turn" into a good person. That's who she is deep down inside.

I will call it like it is right now: If Oda doesn't kill off at least two or three major (!) characters in emotional, convincing fashion during this upcoming war - not talking about irrelevant scapegoats like Pedro - the entire New World Saga will go down in history as a colossal letdown.
while we are at it just tell, whom he should kill....Oda should know which one is "relevant" or "irrelevant"....if it is difficult to point out, just put the list of characters that are "relevant" in your eyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.