[FNZ] Light game Round 06 : The Bachelor Season 24: A Jester on the Flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
When you have a player, that player can be targetted, lynched or whatevs. But a mechanic just works and is no real player. So basically Poison can do what she wants this game and probably has a very specific wincon.
That's interesting. How do we benefit from Peter, exactly? Like, how should we use them to help town, if they strictly speaking, aren't town?

Poison Chan strikes me strong as town. Just by the likes I've periodically received throughout the thread suggests to me that she's been taking her time to read the content. But there's still the confusion on whether or not Peter is the Town Power or a third party.
Seems like a pretty weak reason to read someone as town.

Flower I'm iffy on. Some of her behavior seems off. Like suddenly getting joke-y after we established a fear of a Jester. Feels a little bad in taste and poor in time, but I've got no other reason to doubt her. She seems very level headed right now and isn't jumping to conclusions.
Would you describe this as her normal town playstyle?

Kiwipom likewise wasn't around much and didn't say or do much. She, like Bogard, is a player who often will try to catch inconsistencies and trick other players with their own misspeaks. Her uninvolvement could correlate to the fact that users who have plenty of posts will be chosen for dates (I'm still not 100% on understanding it). So, she could be deciding to lay low so she isn't noticed when the dating occurs. As in, if she's very active, but not picked, it's a red signal, no? Her hard read on Lanji is odd too. But, maybe she can explain it better when she comes online.
Would you say that, at the moment, a higher activity correlates with the chances that the player is town?

That's about it for anything meaningful for me. What about you, Jinri? Anything you've got?
At the moment, @Don DaSlayer has caught my attention in his tunneling of Reborn. His reasons for suspecting him are too weak, even if others have similar suspicions of Reborn. And he's had these suspicions from the very beginning.

Relapse is another player that I'm looking at. Their one line about messaging Bogard is alarming in the WIFOM nature of it, which is the sign of a cscum trying to blend as a fool.

No one else really stands out at the moment. I'm just getting into the grove of things.

No power role other than Vig holds some sense for Town. Vig's responsible of shooting the potential Mafia, ie whomever does give some Jester vibes and we don't lynch for obvious reasons, and I don't feel the host would limitate its usage to 1 night as well.

The idea of Doc for example sounds way less appropriate in this set up.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Seems like a pretty weak reason to read someone as town.
She seems pretty decent so far. Besides, revealing itself felt like a way of confirming she's not against the town. That'd be a very obtuse player to work around, considering it'd likely mean we can't remove Peter, just win before Peter can fulfill their unknown win conditions.
Would you describe this as her normal town playstyle?
In my experience? Yes, this seems about average. I think I only played one or two games with her, so I couldn't possibly be the best judge. But it hasn't stood out yet.

Would you say that, at the moment, a higher activity correlates with the chances that the player is town?
I'd say I am more likely to believe someone who is active, given our stipulations, is townie. There are cases though, such as Reborn where he's an exception. Do you disagree?

At the moment, @Don DaSlayer has caught my attention in his tunneling of Reborn. His reasons for suspecting him are too weak, even if others have similar suspicions of Reborn. And he's had these suspicions from the very beginning.

Relapse is another player that I'm looking at. Their one line about messaging Bogard is alarming in the WIFOM nature of it, which is the sign of a cscum trying to blend as a fool.

No one else really stands out at the moment. I'm just getting into the grove of things.
To be honest, I'm not sure if Relapse is really playing. I think he signed up and he's just shitposting.

As for Don DaSlayer.. I'll be honest, I didn't put much down because I can't remember much about his postings? I know he had a minor spat with Reborn earlier in the thread but I can't think of anything remarkable about him. After catching a cat nap, I'll be rereading the thread, so if he catches my eye I'll let you know.

It is odd if he's been out for Reborn since the start, however.

Lynching is a difficult proposition in this game, especially with no option to no lynch and plurality vote. In light of this, the best move is to only lynch for information votes and allow the vig to shoot people who are more suspicious throughout the day. There's no reason to give the fool a free win just because we have to. Someone like Reborn or Relapse may not be the best lynches, for example, because they creep the line too much. Scum is likely hiding more effectively within the town itself because it's too risky for most of the scum to try and play the fool.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
No power role other than Vig holds some sense for Town. Vig's responsible of shooting the potential Mafia, ie whomever does give some Jester vibes and we don't lynch for obvious reasons, and I don't feel the host would limitate its usage to 1 night as well.

The idea of Doc for example sounds way less appropriate in this set up.
I think TI would work best for our power role, with Mafia likely having something such as framer or BMer on their side. Something to purposefully confuse a TI role. Vig seems too straight forward and easy to lose due to poor playing styles.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Lynching is a difficult proposition in this game, especially with no option to no lynch and plurality vote. In light of this, the best move is to only lynch for information votes and allow the vig to shoot people who are more suspicious throughout the day. There's no reason to give the fool a free win just because we have to. Someone like Reborn or Relapse may not be the best lynches, for example, because they creep the line too much. Scum is likely hiding more effectively within the town itself because it's too risky for most of the scum to try and play the fool.
I will go with my reads...

Poison is third party

Vote Lynch poison
I am convinced this is Reborn trying to tow the line between jester and mafia. He switched his style up early on and ever since has made repeated contradictions and outlandish posts like this. Even if Poison is third party, lynching her doesn't help us any (yet). He's taunting us with this, because he knows we're not going to lynch him.

I am convinced this is Reborn trying to tow the line between jester and mafia. He switched his style up early on and ever since has made repeated contradictions and outlandish posts like this. Even if Poison is third party, lynching her doesn't help us any (yet). He's taunting us with this, because he knows we're not going to lynch him.
Let's just lynch Don and whoever gets the Vig ability Vigs Reborn. That a plan?

I'd say I am more likely to believe someone who is active, given our stipulations, is townie. There are cases though, such as Reborn where he's an exception. Do you disagree?
Yes.

"-Each day phase the host has to create a Group Date, 1 Single Date and choose 4 players for those dates not including Peter. 1 of those players that has the highest post count will be chosen for the single date while the rest are on the group date. The jesters, the town PR, and the scum will NOT be chosen for any of the dates. "

Only the highest poster is guaranteed to go on the single date, but the group date can contain any other player that isn't Poison, a PR, or a scum. There is only one town PR. Furthermore, since we don't actually know how many scum there are, (it could be as low as two or three, where the fool(s) can be purposed into a pseudo-scum role), not being chosen to go on a date over the course of a few nights isn't unreasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.