Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 33823

Or it’s not Oda intending for this to be moral complexity… It’s simply Oda saying it’s a good thing Orochi and Kanjuro burned to death… And that’s it

Oda isn’t writing any complexity here. In fact he is actively REMOVING any complexity that would be here… This play doesn’t mention why Orochi did what he did… The play starts at the fire festival… As if there is no reason why Orochi and Kaido did what they did before the fire festival and all that matters is the the heroes came and killed them

Oda isn’t intending for us to think badly of Hiyori. He is saying it’s a good thing these people get burned alive. It’s even in their clan name that they should all burn as a cute pun
Yeah it doesn't mention any bad things about the Kozuki hence it's propoganda. Something that has already come up in this arc. I'd like to think Oda is going to explore more of moral complexities given that the borders still aren't open meaning Wano has yet to truly learn anything.

I know Oda isn’t done with Wano. There are several allies and Pluton on Wano.

When the story comes round back to Wano, will it be about revising their history with the Kurozumi that started about 60 years ago OR will it be about Pluton and Ancient Wano from 800 years ago

Do you actually believe we are gonna get that statement I mentioned above? That as the story rumps up to the end with pluton and the final war, Oda is gonna stop to explain the nuance of the Kurozumi situation?

hilarious
Unless some civil war starts between Momo and his sister I also doubt this would be addressed.

Because Wano hunted down his entire family, killing his mother and his entire clan, and even hunted him down, a kid, who did nothing and had no choice or decision on the matter

and you think the people of Wano are the heroes here?
So what? If his parents were terrorists, does it matter that he was a child and had nothing to do? Terrorists should be eradicated without any chance of letting anyone sprout. If you sympathize with Orochi, you must get your mind checked.

Or it’s not Oda intending for this to be moral complexity… It’s simply Oda saying it’s a good thing Orochi and Kanjuro burned to death… And that’s it

Oda isn’t writing any complexity here. In fact he is actively REMOVING any complexity that would be here… This play doesn’t mention why Orochi did what he did… The play starts at the fire festival… As if there is no reason why Orochi and Kaido did what they did before the fire festival and all that matters is the the heroes came and killed them

Oda isn’t intending for us to think badly of Hiyori. He is saying it’s a good thing these people get burned alive. It’s even in their clan name that they should all burn as a cute pun
Oda isn't saying it, Hiyori is saying it. Hiyori isn't Oda, she is a character. A piece to the puzzle.
Oden (Oda's actual self-insert) never promoted racism or genocide. He danced for five years and let Orochi run his business because he felt bad for Kurozumi. Almost as if some people are flawed even if they are on the heroes' side. Having deep flaws is complexity. What you want Hiyori to be is not complexity.

All i know is this:

If i was a fucking kid and watched my country turn on us, killing my father

started hunting down my mother, sisters, aunts, uncles, grandmothers and grandfathers and myself, a fucking kid

all because of some shit my father did, that i had no choice at all

i would've become a fucking psycho and would start killing random Wano people the most brutal way i can think off too

and i would do anything i can to get the power to do it

i really wouldn't care

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Here's my hot take: If literally the only thing a character has going for them is the promise that they might join the crew, and all their panel time becomes pointless if they don't, then they were always a garbage character and never meant to be a SH.
Like reflect on every SH up to this point and realize that all of them (except Zoro I guess lol) went through full character journeys that, while deeply intertwined with Luffy, still would've been satisfying if they didn't end up traveling on the Sunny. Sanji was able to overcome his feelings of indebtedness to Zeff and allow himself to leave to pursue his own ambitions. Franky confronted his feelings of guilt and built the ship he always dreamed of. Brook was freed from years of isolation and learned his friend was still alive. Usopp manned up. Etc.
I mean, at this point, I can’t reasonably disagree; as I’ve said, I was waiting for exactly this kind of arc for Yamato, I just assumed it would have to come AFTER she joined the crew because of how and when she was introduced. Also, Usopp was still terrified of fodder at the beginning of this arc and did literally nothing of substance during the raid, so “manned up” made me chuckle :doffytroll:

So what? If his parents were terrorists, does it matter that he was a child and had nothing to do? Terrorists should be eradicated without any chance of letting anyone sprout. If you sympathize with Orochi, you must get your mind checked.
Wtf are you saying?
So if one is the child of terrorists and has nothing to do with the activities of them, he should be killed because of the decisions his parents made?

What the actual fuck are you trying to say lol

THEY WERE TRYING TO KILL A KID

a kid isn't a terrorist you dumb fuck

Orochi's mother wasn't either

it was the actions of Orochi's father, that's it

one motherfucker

I know Oda isn’t done with Wano. There are several allies and Pluton on Wano.

When the story comes round back to Wano, will it be about revising their history with the Kurozumi that started about 60 years ago OR will it be about Pluton and Ancient Wano from 800 years ago

Do you actually believe we are gonna get that statement I mentioned above? That as the story rumps up to the end with pluton and the final war, Oda is gonna stop to explain the nuance of the Kurozumi situation?

hilarious
The themes around Void Century Wano will conclude the themes of hatred, corruption and "winner is justice" in Wano. Not just in Wano actually. Final arc will conclude every remaining themes (not plot points) of ONE Piece as a whole.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
:saden:So the World Government's actions in persecuting Ace & Luffy simply for being the children of criminals is the correct way now...

It’s not that, it’s the fact that you see nothing wrong with it.

Telling people to grow up when you’re getting defensive over your favorite Author messing up is not a good look, relax
Apparently I'm not allowed to offer an alternative view on a pun. Yet I'm being called an "oda angel" when literally 10 minutes ago I agree with @LANJI CUCKSMOKE about shit they disliked regarding Yamato, Zoro's family plot, among other things.

I'm sorry i didn't "see" this shit has being racist lmao. If nobody can have a normal, productive conversation with me instead of freaking out when I offered an alternative viewpoint, then I have nothing else to say. I didn't even overreact to anything lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.