Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's fiction. I am not even mad, just funny how different stages of the story went through from:

This - Enies Lobby: It's not a crime to exist

To this - Marineford: Nobody should be punished for the sins of their ancestors

Now this - Wano: "The Kurozumi were born to burn"

:suresure: what a great song to sing to children at school, the shoguns sister btw

At least we are getting a good future villain, so one good thing out of all this
I think we will need to see raw pictures before making stalemate, but we will seee.

Watch other Kurozumi people got nothing bad happen in future chapters leading wild goose chase by chapter 1057. Oda turn 180 degree on Yamato joining the crew to not joining the crew . we will never know what oda mind .

The Kurozumis issue is also funny because a consistent message through Wano (and even before) was shitting on its dumb system of beliefs.

—Kin'emon was introduced as a sexist asshole who would demand Nami to walk behind the men but he obviously improved this.

—Momonosuke was starving yet didn't want to eat Sanji's food, not until Kin'emon "allowed" him to do so because it was more important than their pride.

—Wano citizens killed Kawamatsu's mother and crucified him and the minks as kids; Oden was required to change their minds and accept those who were different.

—Oden's greatest mistake was trying to solve Kaidou's issue by himself, he didn't want people from outside to help him open the borders. Momonosuke corrected it by letting Luffy help him.

—Izou gave his life so Kiku and Kin'emon could live theirs after Usopp went on a rant against their stupid ideas about dying honorably, and of course they understood that it's better to enjoy life than die for nothing.

Yet the most poisonous belief that caused the country's suffering of decades remains intact.

People are living in a pink dreamworld and are hypocritical as fuck at the same time.

They don't even realize that 99% of all people would react the same way Hyori did in RL (understandably so).
I agree people would do the same shit irl. But the problem is, one piece is not real life. Oda has so far structured op as idealistic. One of the main philosophy in op world is you are not defined by your blood relations. And it had been true till Wano. Like last arc, Sanjo was a better person than his father and siblings, or Ace considering WB his father not Roger, or even the celestial dragon Donquixote Mjosgard.
But now he flips and says an entire clan is trash cause of some members of it. That's clear and concise hypocrisy.
And even in the wano arc itself, oda showed the extermination of kurozumi clan as not a good thing. And kiku and izo are implied to be hunted down for their ancestors too. So he did think that it was bad to persecute entire clans for some bad apples. But here he just completely goes back on that. No explanation whatsoever. The people and kids are happy to say burn the kurozumi.
I think oda fucked this up majorly. I don't know if he had other ideas or if he was rushed. But this is one of the worst arc endings I could think of.

Kaido was the world strongest creature and current luffy >= Kaido. That’s why the only villains luffy has left are villains who’ve been getting stronger like Blackbeard or villains who the world are unaware of like Imu.

Kaido did not have awakening? That’s why it wasn’t shown.
It seems weird for Kaido to not have an awakening when weaklings like Doffy, Kata, Kid and Law have it or the ID guards. My issue is that there are some fights still remaining for Luffy like BB, Imu, Akainu and Shanks (the ones most likely) and apart from Imu (we know nothing of him/her so pure speculation based on Kaguya shit) the other three are in their prime and Kaido is said to be stronger than all of them. If Luffy already surpassed Kaido then he has by default surpassed the other three also. I am not a believer of BB getting three DFs (there is a possibility but him having the power to turn everything to nothing and destroying everything in his hands was the thing)

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Lower than trash
:josad:
Enies Lobby: It's not a crime to exist

Marineford: Nobody should be punished for the sins of their ancestors

Wano: "The Kurozumi were born to burn"
Here's how you reconcile the text.

It's not a crime to exist unless you're Kurozumi.

Nobody should be punished for the sins of their ancestors except for the Kurozumis.

A general rule with some exceptions.

:kayneshrug:

It seems weird for Kaido to not have an awakening when weaklings like Doffy, Kata, Kid and Law have it or the ID guards. My issue is that there are some fights still remaining for Luffy like BB, Imu, Akainu and Shanks (the ones most likely) and apart from Imu (we know nothing of him/her so pure speculation based on Kaguya shit) the other three are in their prime and Kaido is said to be stronger than all of them. If Luffy already surpassed Kaido then he has by default surpassed the other three also. I am not a believer of BB getting three DFs (there is a possibility but him having the power to turn everything to nothing and destroying everything in his hands was the thing)
I don’t see shanks fight happening. Akainu I don’t see being a major fight.

Blackbeard has not yet shown his full power hence why his bounty is the low 2 billions while the other emperors are 4 billions.

Shanks isn’t fighting the straw hats. There’s honestly no point to the fight.

Akainu May awaken his devil fruit or May not fight luffy at all and instead fight Sabo

So luffy sirpassing Kaido doesn’t really make future fights worse. Hell when Blackbeard kills shanks it’ll be without using one of his deadliest abilities, DF erasure. So Blackbeard will really feel like a terrifying opponent when luffy fights him.

And I don’t see a reason for Kaido to have awakening. As we saw, he focused on his haki his entire life so that was his strongest power. Awakening needs a strong mind and body, but Kaido is literally suicidal, alcoholic, and waiting for someone to beat and kill him. That’s not a strong mind.

different stages of the story went through from:

This - Enies Lobby: It's not a crime to exist

To this - Marineford: Nobody should be punished for the sins of their ancestors

Now this - Wano: "The Kurozumi were born to burn"
Just goes to show the whole world don't have same thought process. Diversity in thoughts of humans across the world.

So in the end

- No Nidai Kitetsu, Shimotsuki lineage, Grim Reaper plot or Ryuma grave visit for Zoro
- No Yamato in the crew despite screaming it for years
- No bounties(except for captain trio)
- No development around the Oni race or any relevant flashback for Kaido
- No ancient kingdom plot reveal despite creating a character coming from the void century(Toki)
- Big Mom pirate's presence in Wano turning out to be completely useless(outside of Big Mom and Perospero)
- Wano borders still not open despite screaming for multiple arcs that the goal was opening the border
- Oda still hiding Pluton despite the fact it's name was mentioned since Alabasta

Wano may have turned out to be the longest arc in the manga thus far, but seeing how rushed the ending turned out to be, what was the point ? :giogio:
We will learn about these stuff in magazines and sbs

:josad:People hoping for bounties until they see Zoro and Sanji have lower than bounties they they expected

:suresure:
Luffy, Kidd and Law have individually lower bounties than Kaido/BM, am prepared for Zoro to be less than King and Sanji less than a billion

But the copium part is that the total combined bounties of Luffy/Kidd/Law is higher than the total combined bounties of Kaido/BM
With that in mind Woro 1,5 bil, Sanji 1,4 bil

Status
Not open for further replies.