Is Mihawk more powerful than Shanks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because being a better swordsman is about swordsmanship
Being a better sniper is about marksmanship
Being a better martial artist is about martial arts
Being stronger than someone else in general is just about being stronger. The in what fighting style and how dont matter
Think of it like this:

Mihawk's title in Japanese is written exactly the same as Whitebeard's title and Kaido's title. The most logical interpretation of both Whitebeard's and Kaido's titles is that they are stronger, as in more powerful, than anyone who falls under the same category.

Anything that is considered a "creature" should be, by the title, weaker than Kaido. The same goes for Whitebeard.

Why is Mihawk's title treated differently, when it is written in the exact same way as the other two?

Realistically, the only logical way to argue in favor of Shanks is by claiming that he's simply not a swordsman. He can't be stronger than Mihawk and be a swordsman. It's one or the other. The only issue is that trying to argue that Shanks is not a swordsman is a very steep hill, considering it's not something that's ever been suggested in the manga.

Admittedly, Shanks' portrayal and place in the story is confusing. He seems to be much "bigger" than Mihawk in the One Piece world in terms of influence, and he's also heavily tied to the main character. That's why it is definitely possible/probable that Shanks has something, I don't know what, that Mihawk doesn't have in order to match up to him in some way. I'm pretty sure Oda even said it's very difficult to rank/compare two top tiers unless they have a full-fledged 1v1 anyway.

I think Mihawk >= Shanks is a pretty safe bet, with some margin for error.

When has Shanks said hes not a swordsman? Why would Shanks' swordsmanship be noted if he's not a swordsman? Why would Mihawk be so interested in dueling Shanks if he's not a swordsman? Why await a swordsman better than Shanks?

Ah so a swordsman can beat another swordsman just by being stronger? Zoro bested Kaku's entire arsenal which included a DF power yes? Zoro bested Cabaji's entire arsenal which included a unicycle, foot knives, spikes and fire yes?

So what Mihawk so different? How come he can't be the strongest swordsman just like how WB was the strongest man? Or is WB the most skilled man now? A pretty deep hole this is
Btw only zoro and hachi specifically call himself swordman. While mihawk happen to held title strongest sword user. And no one called vista swordman (yeah his nick name flower vista), cahbaji just circus arcobat,that bald dude underling of enel but why we called them swordman not others too

Brannew: "Sir Crocodile. Former member of the Ouka Shichibukai and Logia user with great intelligence and charisma its clear crocodile didn't got ghat high bounty because of strength at leat that what I got from this but oda did say crocodile came into to early

Chapter 1, Luffy: I want to surpass you and i will become Pirate King and will have a Crew surpass yours too.

Shanks: oooh, You want to surpass us?

Them him give his hat.
Then Luffy every other chapter I will become Pirate King. No mention of Shanks. Also

Also luffy said was One day i will gather a crew even greater than yours and i will become king of the pirates. Nothing about him being stronger than Shanks or even surpassing Shanks individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.