Chapter Discussion What Zoro said was CAP…

Do you agree?

• Total voters
Ah Chapter 1060

I’m all for Zoro Vice Captain moments in the series. Infact their some of the most iconic moments in the series.

This chapter While it does appear to be a Vice Captain Moment for Zoro it’s really all CAP.
Zoro is reminding Luffy about what he said about Ace and while Luffy did say that.
The end result of trusting Ace and letting Him have his own Adventures was

Death

Back then Luffy had the Whitebeard Pirates their Allys, as well as the Impel Down Allys at his side

Man power arguably even greater than the Strawhats and their Grand Fleet.

So what good is trust when you couldn’t save a more competent character than Vivi with a stronger group characters?

And Let’s be honest…. The Strawhats are gonna end up saving Vivi anyways….

Would have been character development on Luffys part if he just stopped everything and decided to pursue his friend earlier this time around since waiting got his other killed.

But yea Leave Your Thoughts

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Ah Chapter 1060

I’m all for Zoro Vice Captain moments in the series. Infact their some of the most iconic moments in the series.

This chapter While it does appear to be a Vice Captain Moment for Zoro it’s really all CAP.
Zoro is reminding Luffy about what he said about Ace and while Luffy did say that.
The end result of trusting Ace and letting Him have his own Adventures was

Death

Back then Luffy had the Whitebeard Pirates their Allys, as well as the Impel Down Allys at his side

Man power arguably even greater than the Strawhats and their Grand Fleet.

So what good is trust when you couldn’t save a more competent character than Vivi with a stronger group characters?

And Let’s be honest…. The Strawhats are gonna end up saving Vivi anyways….

Would have been character development on Luffys part if he just stopped everything and decided to pursue his friend earlier this time around since waiting got his other killed.

But yea Leave Your Thoughts

The fact is, Ace himself didnt ask Luffy to help him and still ended up dead.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
Yup. Like I said in the other thread, the whole Ace thing just ruined Zoro's speech. Like, he could have brought a better example or not even mentioning Ace at all. It makes Zoro look like a hypocrite imo. But I blamed Oda for it honestly, man's probably already high before he wrote the dialogue Lmao.
:goyea:
I didn't like that Oda used Ace as an example, because when help really was necessary and Luffy decided to rescue him, it backfired tenfold.

You never know WHEN help is necessary. It's nice to believe in your friends, but it also showed Luffy didn't change much from the Luffy who "failed" to save his brother.
This post applies well to the post from the Great ZenZu-san.
Zoro "So why underestimate Vivi?"

Luffy "Uhh because of the Ace point you yourself just brought up?"

Zoro answered the question before he presented it lmao. Yea it's a head scratcher for sure.

If anything Luffy in particular worrying about Vivi shows proper PTSD because him not worrying about Ace lead to his capture. Normally I wouldn't even link this scenario to Ace's but Oda himself did, I don't even get what he was trying to say there...that unfavourable history should be repeated? It's like Oda forgot things didn't work out for Ace.

Zoro simply could have left it at "we can't afford to make rash decisions while not having all the information"

Yeah Zoro was both in the right and wrong here. He was right by saying we don’t have enough information but the “Remember what you said about Ace” was arguably one of the worst things he’s said since Ace literally died because of it. And Ace was stronger than all of them put together. And Ace had the backing of the worlds strongest man.

Comparing the two situations makes no sense at all.