Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rock that Soul!!!
Now that I think about it.. Zou left just after kaido was defeated.
The minks created a small village and, if I'm not mistaken, in the invasion of Onigashima everyone besides the pirates burned their ships with the samurais to prove their resolve.
How the fuck are Carrot and the minks going back to Zou without ships?
Momo will call up Zunesha like an Uber.

Peppercore

(☝◞‸◟)☞ 𝚂𝚒𝚖𝚙
Wow... I thought that it was something that I missed since it was not used as a argument for her to be with the crew (getting a ride to zou).
Ok. While I don't agree that she should be with the crew as Nakama I'm starting to agree that her ending sucked.
it's a terrible fumble for him. like write her off all u want... oda still messed up the conclusion for her story

I don't see how all of that is not fufillfed 10x times better by Yama/carrot
Then you're blind.
Tama helped out in Wano more than both Yamato and Carrot. She not only turned the gifters in order to turn the tides of the raid and give the strawhats 1v1s. She also manipulated big mom in act 2 to break luffy and kidd out of prison and used babanuki so that queen didn't find out. She's also directly responsible for Page 1's defeat. Oda gave Tama a more important and active role than both Carrot and Yamato and that's undiniable.
But my point wasn't only about being useful. I was saying how a bond and strong interactions with the crew is even more important, and it's in that category that Tama completely destroys both Yamato and Carrot. Since her introduction Tama has been paired with the strawhats almost exclusively. That's 150 chapters of interactions, out of with, the first two already had Tama develop a stronger bond with Luffy than Carrot did in the entirety of WCI. I can post all the lines spoken between Luffy and Carrot ever vs those two first Tama chapters to illustrate my point, but I don't think that's needed. It's clear for everyone with two eyes that:
1.Tama did more and was more useful in Wano than both combined
2. Tama has a deeper bond with the crew than both combined
:luuh:

Stop deflecting and answer the question
:fujilaugh:

You still haven't answered this questions, my man.:usosmug:
I don't care if they get added or not, but grouping Tama with the three as a argument makes no sense.
Why wasn't she paired with kin'emon, Momo and Yamato then?
Why was "nakama" used for deal and not on Luffy's invite for them?
Why does Tama has a deeper bond with the crew than anyone in Wano while Yamato bonded with Momo and him and Kin are set on staying in Wano for the rest of their lives?
Not only why separate Tama from them, but why make Tama make that deal with Luffy in the first place?
Why have Ace promising Tama to join his crew as a nakama but not Yamato?
This are the questions you should be asking yourself, but you can't because you're afraid of the answer. They are not the same

@Random_Kurozumi
I thought you took Tama case a W? She's confirmed to be a nakama but Luffy will pick her up after she undergoes ninja training and becomes at least a little older. Why bring her to the poll again?

@ShiShiShi, @Kurozumi D. Trussop, @CoC: Color of Clowns thanks on your inputs on Bonney, I am inclined to think she's gonna be another Law, but am open to opportunities :)

Then you're blind.
Tama helped out in Wano more than both Yamato and Carrot. She not only turned the gifters in order to turn the tides of the raid and give the strawhats 1v1s. She also manipulated big mom in act 2 to break luffy and kidd out of prison and used babanuki so that queen didn't find out. She's also directly responsible for Page 1's defeat. Oda gave Tama a more important and active role than both Carrot and Yamato and that's undiniable.
But my point wasn't only about being useful. I was saying how a bond and strong interactions with the crew is even more important, and it's in that category that Tama completely destroys both Yamato and Carrot. Since her introduction Tama has been paired with the strawhats almost exclusively. That's 150 chapters of interactions, out of with, the first two already had Tama develop a stronger bond with Luffy than Carrot did in the entirety of WCI. I can post all the lines spoken between Luffy and Carrot ever vs those two first Tama chapters to illustrate my point, but I don't think that's needed. It's clear for everyone with two eyes that:
1.Tama did more and was more useful in Wano than both combined
2. Tama has a deeper bond with the crew than both combined
:luuh:
Yeah i'm not unpacking all of that christ :mihugh:

@Random_Kurozumi
I thought you took Tama case a W? She's confirmed to be a nakama but Luffy will pick her up after she undergoes ninja training and becomes at least a little older. Why bring her to the poll again?

@ShiShiShi, @Kurozumi D. Trussop, @CoC: Color of Clowns thanks on your inputs on Bonney, I am inclined to think she's gonna be another Law, but am open to opportunities :)
I'm not @Random_Kurozumi but I will try to answer that, since I'm also one that wanted her in the poll.

Her getting older wasn't something that Luffy asked of her but becoming a little stronger. The idea is that, before the end of the series, the SH will meet Tama again and she will join for the last bit of the journey. Basically, a Jinbe return.

Her getting stronger does not mean getting to the level of a commander but being able to survive in the crew and help somewhat with the abilities of a ninja. Be the apprentice of the crew like Buggy and Shanks with Roger.

One of the arguments that I used earlier for my claim is that Oda could have ended her story cleanly in Wano, making her train with Shinobu and live with her horse-mommy. The fact that he made her get the promise to join when they next meet and made clear at the end of the wano that the country will be revisited again instead of ending her story, made it clear (for me) that is something that he will address in the story later.

Like, imagine if Oda had made Yamato declare that she would train Momo and them join when Luffy returns and Luffy agreed, instead of ending like he did. People would treat Yamato as a Nakama like Jinbe without question. But when Tama says that she will train and join when Luffy returns it is treated as nothing.

Of course, he can ignore this plot point and never address it (like he did with Tama/vegapunk connections) but it's a more clear Nakama connection than many people on the poll.

I'm not @Random_Kurozumi but I will try to answer that, since I'm also one that wanted her in the poll.

Her getting older wasn't something that Luffy asked of her but becoming a little stronger. The idea is that, before the end of the series, the SH will meet Tama again and she will join for the last bit of the journey. Basically, a Jinbe return.

Her getting stronger does not mean getting to the level of a commander but being able to survive in the crew and help somewhat with the abilities of a ninja. Be the apprentice of the crew like Buggy and Shanks with Roger.

One of the arguments that I used earlier for my claim is that Oda could have ended her story cleanly in Wano, making her train with Shinobu and live with her horse-mommy. The fact that he made her get the promise to join when they next meet and made clear at the end of the wano that the country will be revisited again instead of ending her story, made it clear (for me) that is something that he will address in the story later.

Like, imagine if Oda had made Yamato declare that she would train Momo and them join when Luffy returns and Luffy agreed, instead of ending like he did. People would treat Yamato as a Nakama like Jinbe without question. But when Tama says that she will train and join when Luffy returns it is treated as nothing.

Of course, he can ignore this plot point and never address it (like he did with Tama/vegapunk connections) but it's a more clear Nakama connection than many people on the poll.
Yeah, I get it, I used to be a Yamato supporter, to me both Tama and Yamato seem to be somewhere between Vivi and Jinbe situation, accepted by the crew, but delayed to actually sail off with them. For Tama, I take it as a W, she's guaranteed to have a spot with the crew. For Yamato, I take it as L, because Oda shat on their dream to leave the island and left them babysitting Momo. But there's no point in getting them to the poll again, SH move only forward, so I don't expect them to get back to Wano anytime soon. If any of them joins the crew on Sunny at the end of the series, it's going to be them travelling to the place where SH crew is, not the other way around.

Waitaminute....seeing Oda's tendencies to extend his cast every arc, will we have every goddam character in the last epic war? That's going to be such a mess :few: