Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters
what if the Breath of things is a high branch of coo ?! same as FF .
CoO seems reasonably linkable with "breath", since it's about feeling.
Breathe is Coo imo. Just a advanced branch of it
Reason I say this is so far, only breathe allows individuals to sense inanimate thing.
  • In Ab, he sensed rocks location of where they would fall, location of his sword buried under rocks, and Mr.1 metal body.
  • In Dr, he sensed location of shusui to located direction Wicca went after stealing his sword, track Wicca's direction based on his swords location and follow her. Mind you Zoro has the worst sense of direction in the series.
  • In Wano, he sensed location of sake (this was a gag moment, however, he managed to locate it. something Luffy, Sanji, Usopp and jinbei couldn't do)
  • He has also shown the ability to sense the location of people (sensed Vergo in ph etc)
Imo it seems like different people have different specializations of Coo

1. Luffy can sense people's emotions thus based on their intent see what they plan on doing a few seconds in the future (This seems to be a time ability, he knows what will happen a certain time in the future and thus plan accordingly)
  2. Zoro can sense the breath of all thing (both living and non living) and based on the breath, he can locate, see where they will be in the future (This seems to be a space ability, he senses things and learns the location they will be at in the future and thus plan accordingly)
  3. Usopp can see the aura of things even at long range.
  4. Sanji can sense tears of women (This might be a limited version of what Luffy does since Sanji's one so far only works on women. So there is a possibility he will get future sight in the future)
  5. Coby can sense people's emotions to an extreme degree that he can hear what they are feeling and what they are thinking. This seems to be the ultimate version of this ability. Thus I expect his future sight to be at max in the future
  6. Fuji seems to be able to sense the breath of things and sense people's emotions. He seems to have the ultimate version of both. He was able to determine that lighting happened in DR despite being very far from the place Nami used her power, DD didn't even notice the lighting. He was able to sense the emotions of the people of DR are hear their thoughts and based on that know they had meant no harm to Luffy. I believe we will see the max future sight and ability to hear the breath of all things with Fuji

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Regarding Zoro's lineage, Shimotsuki sems obvious as it would make Zoro Ryuma's descendant, and that fits with the narrative Oda seems to be going with regarding Zoro. Ryuma was the Sword God and protector of Wano. He was a hero to its people. Zoro might fulfill such a role this arc.

I think the only thing that worries me is that the Ryuma and Oden parallels imply that Zoro would outshine Luffy in this arc and that is apriori pretty unlikely. On the other hand, I think there have been some arcs in the past where Zoro arguably had a role as (or more) prominent than Luffy's.
  • Zoro's recruitment arc: Zoro defeated the arc antagonist (Morgan IIRC), and had the most salient connection to the arc princess (that little girl). I'm not sure he was more prominent than Luffy, but their role/importance seem pretty comparable.
  • Whiskey Peak: Zoro took out the 100 Baroque Works operatives and was mistaken for the one with the 30 mil bounty. Luffy didn't do much beyond fighting Zoro. This seems very clear cut.
  • Baratie: Zoro fought with Mihawk. I would argue that this was of greater significance/prominence than the fight with Don Krieg, but others might disagree. This is not as clear cut, but still seems likely.
  • Thriller Bark: Zoro fought against Kuma. Kuma was a much stronger antagonist than Moriah, and the encounter led to arguably Zoro's biggest character moment. However there's a strong case that the Moriah fight was more germane to the arc and so Zoro didn't really outshine Luffy. This one is more dubious than the others.

In all the arcs when Zoro fought someone stronger than Luffy, in all but one of the cases, the opponent Zoro fought was an outside context problem who wasn't really the villain of the arc and Zoro lost against them. Only in his recruitment arc did he fight the arc antagonist (and that was more a tag team/in succession with Luffy) and under very extenuating circumstances. In all the other arcs Zoro has never fought the arc antagonist (he did fight Hody in FI, but that was before he underwent the monster transformation). So the prior on Zoro fighting the arc antagonist is pretty low. I think this is the strongest argument against Zoro having a role in Kaido's defeat, and it's persuasive enough that I'm not (yet at least) willing to bet that Zoro would fight Kaido.

I would be interested in a compilation of all the arguments for Zoro fighting Kaido.

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
Too obvious, imo. I am betting on Zoro being a Kurozumi. :milaugh:
Nah, Kanjuro is already the surprise Kurozumi of the arc. I'm sure there'll be some sort of redemption for Kanjuro that'll end the circle of vengeance between the Kurozumi family and Wano. Zoro's gonna be Ushimaru's son - Ushimaru is the only person namedropped who hasn't had any type of role in the arc yet.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Nah, Kanjuro is already the surprise Kurozumi of the arc. I'm sure there'll be some sort of redemption for Kanjuro that'll end the circle of vengeance between the Kurozumi family and Wano. Zoro's gonna be Ushimaru's son - Ushimaru is the only person namedropped who hasn't had any type of role in the arc yet.
Yeah, that is the obvious choice and if I wanted a safe option I would take that one.
However, I hope Oda makes him a Kurozumi and expands more on the story. Maybe the Kurozumis have always been an enemy of the Shimotsuki's and Kozuki's and Zoro would be the first Kurozumi who would bring peace between those clans in that case.
There could be an unknown rival of Ryuma in the past who was a Kurozumi or something. Unlikely but a man can hope. :catsweat:

Too obvious, imo. I am betting on Zoro being a Kurozumi. :milaugh:
yeah , too obvious , and this oda we are talking about if he want trick the fans this will be really good way for him :doffytroll:
but as you said that some things in wano while it was obvious oda stick with it , hyori=komarasaki ,denjiero=kyoshiro etc
so its up for oda .:memehm:

aside from the Kurozumi as a surprise , is it funny that oda gave us this hint then in 977 we get to know that kaidou has a son lol.

Yeah, that is the obvious choice and if I wanted a safe option I would take that one.
However, I hope Oda makes him a Kurozumi and expands more on the story. Maybe the Kurozumis have always been an enemy of the Shimotsuki's and Kozuki's and Zoro would be the first Kurozumi who would bring peace between those clans in that case.
There could be an unknown rival of Ryuma in the past who was a Kurozumi or something. Unlikely but a man can hope. :catsweat:
:okay:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I would be interested in a compilation of all the arguments for Zoro fighting Kaido.
Might have skipped some, forgive me, it's very early here.

Sanji, using what he is best at, cooking, helped take down, momentarily, Linlin. Sanji appeared with Luffy and Linlin on the cover here
similarly to how Zoro appeared with Luffy and Kaido on the cover here
so you can draw a parallel and conclude that Zoro, using what he is best at, fighting, will take down Kaido.

There are also other things referencing it. The magazine about the new Ryuma in Wano.
Zoro getting Enma, one of the 2 swords that scarred Kaido, with the other one being associated with Orochi in Japanese mythology.
When Yasuie is talking about defeating Kaido, to take Kaido's head appears directly above Zoro.
There's this cover with all the SHC and a dragon, but if you look close enough only the dragon Luffy and Zoro have bandages on them implying they fought
There are some similarities between Oden's story in Wano and Zoro's story in Wano

• The obvious one, Zoro was gifted Oden’s sword and got used to it pretty quickly.
  • Both of them saved Kin’emon from a beast. Oden sliced up the boar to save him; Zoro cut a dragon’s head off which leads to the same result.
  • Oden saved Toki from a bunch of criminals when she was 26, fainted right after, and was nursed back to health by her. Pretty similar to what happened between Zoro and the also 26 year old Hiyori.
  • Both of them traveled around Wano as outcasts, fought criminals, and ended up befriending Yasuie.
  • Both took an unfair punishment for someone else’s sake because they were promised something by someone they shouldn’t have trusted.
Something I've read about the sword
> the name itself, “Enma”. Enma (or Yama in China) is the ruler and judge of the underworld, and he decides what’s gonna happen to the spirits of the dead. Kaido is obviously designed after an Oni. Not only are Onis the bad guys in the story of Momotarō (Momo), but they were also considered the spirits of the dead before that. So Enma is literally the judge over the Onis – a bit more than a coincidence in my opinion. Then there is also the old Japanese proverb “When borrowing, the face of a jizō; when repaying, the face of Enma”, and there most certainly is a lot of repayment to be done.

And also enjoy this

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Might have skipped some, forgive me, it's very early here.
Thanks a lot, I'll attempt to summarise the arguments below (I'm leaving out some I consider flimsy/not particularly convincing).
  • Zoro slaying a dragon.
    • Tiger vs Dragon motif.
    • Furthering the parallels with Ryuma.
    • Zoro receiving the Dragon slaying sword Shusui.
    • Counterargument: this connection has already been satisfied with Zoro slaying the PH dragon in a scene that perfectly parallels Ryuma's feat.
      • Zoro and Ryuma both used Iaijutsu.
      • Zoro and Ryuma both slayed Western dragons.
      • Zoro and Ryuma both used Shusui.
      • Zoro no longer has Shusui, so this argument isn't that compelling anymore.
  • Sanji - Big Mom and Zoro - Luffy parallels.
    • Sanji temporarily knocked out BM via his strongest skills (culinary arts), so Zoro might help beat Kaido via his strongest skill (combat ability).
    • Zoro - Luffy - Kaido nicely parallels Sanji - Luffy - Big Mom in the cover pages.
  • Zoro - Oden parallels.
    • Zoro received Enma, one of the swords that Oden used to scar Kaido.
    • Zoro has been able to successfully tame Enma.
    • Zoro shares a connection with Yasuie just like Oden did.
    • Other miscellaneous parallels.
    • Oden gave Kaido his only shown scar.
    • Zoro is set to surpass Oden through making Enma black. Oden failed to Kill Kaido, so another way to surpass him would be defeating/killing Kaido.
  • Yasuie's statement regarding no one being able to take Kaido's head. Zoro was specifically highlighted during Yasuie's death in a way that wasn't really necessary if Zoro didn't have a significant connection to Kaido's defeat.

I consider cover page based foreshadowing very flimsy in general. There's a strong selection bias, as it's mostly the cases when cover pages appear to foreshadow an event that are heavily reported. There are many cases of cover page foreshadowing based theories proving false (Zoro's death, Zoro leaving the Strawhats, Zoro vs Jack, etc). It's just not very reliable as a predictor of events.

Are there any other hints or connections I'm missing? I would probably edit this post with new reasons and counterarguments if I think/learn of any in the future.

Last edited:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
What do folks here think of Nidai Kitetsu? Does Zoro acquire the blade during Wano? If so how?

I guess it's possible that King damages the Sandai Kitetsu during an initial encounter so he acquires another one before the final fight, but Zoro would be directly failing at the challenge Mihawk posed to him. Though King likely has even greater COA than Zoro, and it might just mean his haki just isn't strong enough.