Character Discussion "Coby is the new Garp so he should be a "RiVaL" of Luffy"

Why is Coby beat up from fighting Kuja fodder :quest:
Luffy does the same.

Scan of Coby avoiding anything?

Btw, I love how you're trying so desperately to prove Coby is capable of performing a feat worse than WCI Sanji but can't even do that lmao
I said he dodged it or he reacted towards it? He would've dodged but BB choked her

A feat worse?
This was the distance between the two.

This is perfume femur, a contact attack, so koby reacted to that.

It's not a feat worse, Hancock is superior to zoro, yc1+

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Garp already bowed to Roger the moment he teamed up with him to defeat the greatest pirate crew at the time.
Kid & Law bowed to Luffy in that case? Teaming up isn't comparable to the shit Coby does. He legit bonds with Rebecca & the Tontatta princess over their love for Rupee-chin.

He's the Marine version of Bartolomeo, not the Marine version of Eustass Kid.

So as Kid and Law.
See, this is the thing

There is a disconnect between the fans and Oda in regards to the term "rivals". Fans think rivals are the same thing as equals, because that's what it's like in other manga.
But Oda uses the term much more loosely. Kid and Law are canonically Luffy's rivals, they are both far weaker than him, have shit crews, and do more to support Luffy than oppose him.

If Kid and Law are luffy's rivals, I don't see why Koby can't be one as well.

Both Smoker and Koby both parallel Garp. Smoker is a vice admiral who has chased Luffy since east blue and has cornered him several times. Koby is one of Luffy's closest friends, is known as a "hero", is garp's protege, and has Garp's fighting style.

Just like how Kid and Law both parallel whitebeard. Law has an OP DF, Kid is a conqueror, both rival the future pirate king, both are Luffy's friends. WB = Kid+Law, just like Garp = Smoker + Koby.

No character is going to 100% parallel anyone from Roger's era. Luffy is without equal. But to say that Koby doesn't parallel Garp in any aspect whatsoever is denying the manga.

Proof he wouldn't?

She does the attack and he reacts a panel later with "?!!"

impressive espically off-guard to someone whos stronger then all yc1 commanders.
Yeah, same as Zoro when Kaido attacked him in 1009 while he was off guard and still needed Law to save him.

Oh and Hybrid Kaido >>>>> Hancock.

Or Luffy in 1001. Twice. Needed Law and Zoro to save his sorry ass.

Unless you show him dodging it or show speed feats of him implying he can dodge, he can't.

This isn't even a contest, the difference in chad energy can't be closed by whatever underhanded title you can pull.
Smoker wants to beat the shit out of Luffy whenever he sees him, having deals with pirates annoys him so much that he's willing to lose a fight (against Vergo). Reminds me of how Garp hates to talk about God Valley because he teamed up with a pirate.
Smoker has been on Luffy's tail for god knows how long and will continue to do so.

This isn't even a contest, the difference in chad energy can't be closed by whatever underhanded title you can pull.
Smoker wants to beat the shit out of Luffy whenever he sees him, having deals with pirates annoys him so much that he's willing to lose a fight (against Vergo). Reminds me of how Garp hates to talk about God Valley because he teamed up with a pirate.
Smoker has been on Luffy's tail for god knows how long and will continue to do so.

smoker will sooner quit the marines and become a pirate than actually rival luffy