honestly, his powers are more like Foxy's
Looks like he made shigaraki slower, so he could hit him multiple times, before making him faster again with the final punch. Which is why Shigaraki only goes flying after top gear.
Post automatically merged:

I'm guessing the "gears" are the number of times he can change an object's speed before bad things happen
  1. transmission
  2. gear 2
  3. gear 3
  4. top gear
  5. gear shift- overdrive
after overdrive, I'm guessing the next gear will be reverse, which makes him slower, or normal, which takes away his ability to move. After that it resets.

Looks like he made shigaraki slower, so he could hit him multiple times, before making him faster again with the final punch. Which is why Shigaraki only goes flying after top gear.
I think Deku is just making himself a ton faster.

Maybe he is making Shigaraki slower but that needs to be clarified.

He wouldn't be hitting any harder or at "120%" if he was just making Shigaraki slower.

I'm guessing the "gears" are the number of times he can change an object's speed before bad things happen
  1. transmission
  2. gear 2
  3. gear 3
  4. top gear
  5. gear shift- overdrive
after overdrive, I'm guessing the next gear will be reverse, which makes him slower, or normal, which takes away his ability to move. After that it resets.
I think its referring to the "gears of a car", hence the imagery of Deku pulling a gear stick when activating the second users quirk.

I think its like the gears of a car in the sense that Deku has to steadily increase the gear he uses as he increases his own speed.

Also, this suggests a potential weakness.

Maybe the five minute time limit suggests that he is going to "stall" at some point.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way

Deku is flying around the battlefield like a bullet, but TomurAFO notices that his last blows were not as strong, probably because he has no more fa jin in stock. He prepares to intercept the next blow, but Deku shifts into first gear and slows down to avoid it #MHA369

Danger Sense activates and Deku sees that TomurAFO is going to hit him, so he uses Smokescreen, jumps high with Float and pulls TomurAFO with Black Whip. He then prepares his next attack, charged with Fa Jin that he stored with the Quintuple Detroit Smash #MHA369

Last edited: