Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE CHAPTER 978: Introducing the Tobi Roppo

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapter is good...

God Usopp strikes again

The resolve of Kinemon is good but destroying ships is not so cool

For the people who were dissatisfied with disguise, it is sure blissful that it will be gone when someone wants to remove or if some kind of accident happens.....

Luffy looking buffed in that look and Zoro is looking nice and Nami is too hot.....Kidd and Luffy leading at front and Jimbei doing his job as helmsman

Damn, double spreads are cool and looking great....

Onigaishima is very big and I am feeling the tone of war.....

Oh, btb the war has already started with taking out the lookouts

Queen is funky as usual....for now, he got more personality than King....

Where is Hawkins though??..

Flying six are highlight of this chapter. They are looking cool, however, last 2 pages translation seems little weird. Need to wait for official translation

Overall, nice chapter

3.5/5
Law killed Hawkins so that he wouldn’t snitch on Law escaping prison. That’s why Orochi thought Law was still in prison

Four points with I noticed in this chapter:

1. Even though Kanjuro had a large head start he didn´t show up yet or even warn the beast pirates, what happen?
Shouldn´t he already telling the beast pirates about the attack, yet they don´t know everything? Or did it is a trap to lure the strawhats and the alliance and waiting for the perfect time? Or is Kanjuro a fake traitor who mission was to "working" under Orochi only to betray him later? I don´t really know but I look forward for some twists...

2.Nekomamushi is still not in Onigashima, why? He already meet Marco two weeks ago, he should be right now with the alliance too!!
But for some reason he didn´t show up their, I can feel a plot around Neko for soon/later, could even see that Weevil has something do with Neko don´t beeing in Onigashima. Im still sure that Weevil need get defeated before Kaido, so something after the raid fails(in my opinion) should happen soon.

Red: Onigashima Castle
Blue: Huge Sword
Green: Probably the Sunny or a regular ship

How large is this sword pls? It is almost big as a mountain. And im sure someone use that large sword in a battle.
My theory, the Skull was indeed a huge island size Oni from the past who get slayed and get killed in Onigashima(samurai vs Onis for later plotreason) and I wouldn´t be surprise if it was Ryuma who perform such a huge feat with killing the Island size Oni. Hope we learn more about Onigashima skull and the sword.

4. Flying six fighters

Green: Who´s Who
Blue: Sasaki
Red: Ulti
Purple: xDrake
Light Blue: Black Marie
Brown: Pageone

Based on this chapter we actually see the shoes of the flying six fighters. In the last chapter we see on the front Who´s who,Ulti and Sasaki while xDrake,BlackMarie and Pageone where behind them. People though the next to Sasaki was Black Marie, but it was Ulti.
Wouldn´t be surprise if these three leading the troup overall. For Black Marie, if we look closer we can see that she was at least larger then the other users.

Overall the chapter was amazing, I already feel the tension for the big war to start. The Flying six will play a big role, I try to understand yet the part of the Big mom pirates. Im feeling like Kaido don´t letting them fighting with them or at least they join the battle more later. Overall I place the Flying six right after the Calamity if we count the fact that they indeed speaking about the role of Queen if he dies and someone of the 6 gonna became the next calamity.

I still say the Headliners are Kaido's equivalent to subordinate captains (though I expect a somewhat different answer). The reason the Tobi Roppo can replace the Disasters is because replacing one with a Number is like replacing a Sweet General with Perospero; they're not strong enough and Drake is as close as you'll get to a YC-level (or may very well be one).

Only fake spoilers lol, where black maria talking about the king ? Ulti and P1 siblings ? T6 > numbers ?

The real MVP of the chapter are Queen who is the master of the party and Ulti who doesn't give a fuck haha!

I like their styles especially the girls but black maria is :catlewd:

Last edited:

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Sasaki's design looks cool. He's definitely a fishman.. would be cool to see him interact with Jinbe

I know his name derives from a card game, but it would've been clever to make him the swordsman, giving his name double meaning. He's named after a playing card game, as well as the swordsman Sasaki Kojiro, the man who fought against Miyamoto Musashi.

Status
Not open for further replies.