General & Others Unpopular Opinions?

Oda really needs to do at least 2 chapters of crew interacting/talking with one another.
This shit is getting ridiculous.
They never talked what they did for 2 years, they never talked about their past nor just interacted as humans.

Oda relies on gags and plot exposition as the only interaction that the crew has.
I've never seen such an underdeveloped main cast in any manga...

Oda can't sacrifice 2 chapter worth of pages for main cast development but he will introduce irrelevant characters like holdem for multiple chapters...
:pepeke:

Am I wrong? To think that Robin and Boa are almost two sides of the same coin. At least in the looks department at least somewhat.

I could easily see Robin in the same outfit, they'd both look great.
Nah, Robin is original with the tan skin but Oda state that Boa is really difficult to draw so I don't think Robin and Boa looks similar at all. But after time-skip OP fans start to think that Boa and Robin looks similar LOL.

Nah, Robin is original with the tan skin but Oda state that Boa is really difficult to draw so I don't think Robin and Boa looks similar at all. But after time-skip OP fans start to think that Boa and Robin looks similar LOL.
Yeah my thoughts were on post time skip. Pre time skip not really. They actually looked different. But and then there was a cover page where Boa was in a pool in she looked eerily similar to Robin.

Oda really needs to do at least 2 chapters of crew interacting/talking with one another.
This shit is getting ridiculous.
They never talked what they did for 2 years, they never talked about their past nor just interacted as humans.

Oda relies on gags and plot exposition as the only interaction that the crew has.
I've never seen such an underdeveloped main cast in any manga...

Oda can't sacrifice 2 chapter worth of pages for main cast development but he will introduce irrelevant characters like holdem for multiple chapters...
:pepeke:
I'm sorry, but underdeveloped? One Piece got way more "main cast development" than pretty much any other shonen out there for years. Nearly 14 years of growth Oda did in the main characters before the timeskip.

Realize that with post-timeskip, the Strawhats understand, respect and love each other now. There shouldn't be anymore internal conflict, they grew past that with plenty of arcs pre-timeskip.

Its already there, but you just want more of it. That's the difference. And it's okay to want more. I get why people complain about the changes post-timeskip to more world building type arc. But can we stop acting like the Strawhats are underdeveloped? Many of the characters have continuously received additional development over the years since the timeskip:

- Nami at FI
- Chopper at Punk Hazard, though he became a sacrificial lamb after:whitepress:
- Usopp at Dressrosa PLENTY
- Sanji and Brook at WCI
- Now Zoro at Wano (and will likely continue to have development)

Just remember that as this manga finishes this arc and heads towards other arcs or characters, like Vegapunks/Kuma, Elbaf, Lodestar/Laugh Tale etc, stories will become more personal again because they heavily revolve around some strawhats, namely Franky, Robin and Usopp.

Oda has been building Wano plotline for nearly a decade, and yes while "personal" development of his main characters has taken a backseat, it allowed him to go more epic with arcs and dealing with Yonko.

Just be patient.

J

Jo_Ndule

I'm sorry, but underdeveloped? One Piece got way more "main cast development" than pretty much any other shonen out there for years. Nearly 14 years of growth Oda did in the main characters before the timeskip.

Realize that with post-timeskip, the Strawhats understand, respect and love each other now. There shouldn't be anymore internal conflict, they grew past that with plenty of arcs pre-timeskip.

Its already there, but you just want more of it. That's the difference. And it's okay to want more. I get why people complain about the changes post-timeskip to more world building type arc. But can we stop acting like the Strawhats are underdeveloped? Many of the characters have continuously received additional development over the years since the timeskip:

- Nami at FI
- Chopper at Punk Hazard, though he became a sacrificial lamb after:whitepress:
- Usopp at Dressrosa PLENTY
- Sanji and Brook at WCI
- Now Zoro at Wano (and will likely continue to have development)

Just remember that as this manga finishes this arc and heads towards other arcs or characters, like Vegapunks/Kuma, Elbaf, Lodestar/Laugh Tale etc, stories will become more personal again because they heavily revolve around some strawhats, namely Franky, Robin and Usopp.

Oda has been building Wano plotline for nearly a decade, and yes while "personal" development of his main characters has taken a backseat, it allowed him to go more epic with arcs and dealing with Yonko.

Just be patient.
Just be patient.... for another 20 years

There wont be any crew interaction anymore, the crew doesnt even grow as characters