• Leta Lestrange

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sirius Black

• Zacharias Smith

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I must say that while I am not a fan of the Crimes of Grindelwald, especially in terms of story, I really liked how Gellert Grindelwald was portrayed with him being presented as a very smart, powerful and charismatic man with a real aura, who really knows how to make people his followers and to lead them to do bad things with subtle manipulations and the force of his charisma unlike Voldemort. And Johnny Depp was surprisingly excellent at playing him.

I must say that while I am not a fan of the Crimes of Grindelwald, especially in terms of story, I really liked how Gellert Grindelwald was portrayed with him being presented as a very smart, powerful and charismatic man with a real aura, who really knows how to make people his followers and to lead them to do bad things with subtle manipulations and the force of his charisma unlike Voldemort. And Johnny Depp was surprisingly excellent at playing him.
I loved his interpretation of him I honestly can not see no one doing it better he makes you almost cheer for GG

I saw the movie in theatres and when Voldemort says about Longbottom limpong to their side “Well I had hoped for better” I actually laughed out loud, that was just funny. No one else found it funny though
It was a pretty unexpected moment to be honest and indeed a bit funny how all of them he was the one and not only I may dare say the real child of the prophecy

I think that Colin Farrell did a surprisingly good job doing the bad guy and I didn't really like Depp.
Yes Farrell was good but I had nothing to reproach to Depp about his portrayal of Grindelwald.

Overall I like Grindelwald much better than Voldemort, he may not be as powerful as Tom but he when it comes to magic he's far more versatile and uses more varied forms of magic both to fight and for other uses. He is also less evil and more complex of a villain and unlike Voldemort several of his points against Muggles are really good arguments, he also has a true charisma and manages to recruit his followers without using force or fear and most of his followers aren't blind biggots or power-hungry persons like the Death Eaters are. His relation with Dumbledore seems also very complex (though the movies did a poor job at showing it) with him having been Albus' friend and possible lover, yet with him also fearing Albus and at the end of his life he still seemed to care for him to an extent.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I liked his interpretation as well, but for me there is something about deep, maybe is because of Pirates of the Caribbean, that he manages to make me feel his charisma merge with the character
Yes I loved him in PoC he was truely wonderful, but since then I felt like he did only the same thing as an actor and didn't manage to escape from his pirate character

C

critical mindset

It was a pretty unexpected moment to be honest and indeed a bit funny how all of them he was the one and not only I may dare say the real child of the prophecy
It’s just the way he said it after the long silent paus with him breaking the unnerving mood like that and was facetious about the whole situation, somehow I found it very funny at the time, especially after he said Neville Longbottom and everybody laughed at his face, I just found it hilarious tbh. I was also quite hyped though, the movie had just recently come out on cinema and we were all literally at the edge of our seats but only I reacted to it with a lol. Maybe I have a sick twisted humour maybe, I don’t know haha

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Yes Farrell was good but I had nothing to reproach to Depp about his portrayal of Grindelwald.

Overall I like Grindelwald much better than Voldemort, he may not be as powerful as Tom but he when it comes to magic he's far more versatile and uses more varied forms of magic both to fight and for other uses. He is also less evil and more complex of a villain and unlike Voldemort several of his points against Muggles are really good arguments, he also has a true charisma and manages to recruit his followers without using force or fear and most of his followers aren't blind biggots or power-hungry persons like the Death Eaters are. His relation with Dumbledore seems also very complex (though the movies did a poor job at showing it) with him having been Albus' friend and possible lover, yet with him also fearing Albus and at the end of his life he still seemed to care for him to an extent.
I agree that Grindelwald is indeed an interesting villain and I prefer the war Wizards vs Muggles than Pureblood vs Open minded. Especially during a moment like the second world war where muggles proved themselves to be quite superior to wizards in destruction and might.

I also like the whole concept and relationship between Albus and Gellert in the HP books. But I think the whole blood pact was a bad idea in the movies.

About the versatility in magic I think this is just that the new movies which did a lot of new things magic wise compared to the old ones, even too much if I may.

I don't critize Grindelwald as a character but Depp playing it doesn't satisfy me. His face seems too white, even unreal, I would have wanted an actor with more thickness. I think Depp plays is a bit too much sometimes.