Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
the mangaka absolutely does not
cause 'swordmanship' is very vague/broad
I made a thread about shanks haki not too long back and I would see comparisons to mihawk's conqueror's which hasnt even been shown. its pathetic.
The mangaka uses shanks as comparison point to the WSS yet you say this.
Vague would be not using anyone as example and just using the title.

We have fujitora and Cabaji as swordman confirmed yet some still thinking one with acoc can't be a swordman.

Sure, I get the logic that if a swordsman did something Mihawk can likely do it better since he is the strongest swordsman. I don't disagree. I just don't understand what's hype cool or exciting about it, since he has literally not shown anything ever. He cut some ice and negged early Zoro.
well i guess its just ultimately goes down to opinion lol you seem like you want a actual feat from mihawk which is understandable ,but for me the fact that every swordsman adds to mihawks hype is more than enough for me at the moment

1.mihawk intro and slice ship

2.negged zoro

3.slash to wb stopped by jozu (will to cut wb not jozu)

4.slash stopped by mr 1 (cuts mr 1 down next panel using adv haki)...casually cutting the mountain which to this day remains as one of the most impressive cutting feats

5.Zoro-punk hazard dragon cutting feat,pica cutting feat(tied into mihawk teachings to zoro),zoro adv coc on kaido,zoro adv coc on king making him scared enough to turn off flame ( to be determined if it can cut through flame on)

6.oden permanent scar on kaido,wielded enma light as a feather (21 great grade) vs yoru (12 grade blade and the strongest)

7.s hawk making bb sweat and giving us another mountain level feat by re shaping amazon lilly,s hawk being afraid of zoro who is not even ready for mihawk yet

8.now shanks using rogers move which mihawk called him a one armed hasbeen in earlier translations (i guess this translation may not be right idk dude could of been trolling me) but thats kinda besides the point hell what if shanks kamusari is much bigger than rogers...just adds to mihawks hype etc

sure this isn't everything , and don't get me wrong sure i want actual feats but seeing all these swordsmen do crazy shit in the verse and mihawk being over all of it is just too much hype for me...i feel like i am eating regardless :steef::steef::steef:

Then i'll stan the man for the rest of my life :funky:
Worry not, in fact Caribou’s chances went up 200.1567%. This is just another clear example of subversive affirmation at play. I can see why many people were fooled by this. You need to have a really high IQ to truly understand and comprehend Goda’s brilliant hints. :finally:
Luffy's true VC :steef:

My point is simply to answer your question of "why dudes bring Mihawk into this discussion"

Answer simply is this, we get Shanks doing something for once in his life after 25 years, and dude used a named sword attack.

Mihawk gets brought in here, cause forever dudes have been clamoring on about hakiman.
How do you see why it isn't relevant lol?

Let me make it clear.
If dudes weren't using hakiman arguments since forever against Mihawk, vast majority of the Mihawk comments here wouldn't exist.
but the funny thing is, it doesnt invalidate any hakiman argument because its one attack .
funny anyone thinks that will convince anyone who made those arguments otherwise. weeks back they saw him paralyse greenbull without swinging a blade .

but what you've said is eye opening ,there's clearly a massive inferior complex with the way shanks and mihawk fans engage in this entire debate and the latter is constantly trying to get over that . reminiscent of admiral yonko debate , sanji zoro etc debates so I can see why this convo keeps happening anytime one looks impressive.

If yall can't even acknowledge s-hawks strength why should anyone acknowledge mihawks

If s-hawk cutting Amazon lily is a 3/2 yc level feat
Mihawk cutting the iceberg isn't that much more hype
Who hasn't acknowledged S-Hawk I for one say he's the strongest Seraphim who also shook a Yonko. This is a feat.

Cause Mihawk did an Island tier + DC feat casually, in perspective Luffy doing this feat takes a whole chapter to charge up his fist and make it gigantic with CoA + COC. Mihawk did it by accident with no haki raw strength.

Hopefully, this makes sense now.

You really should read supplemental information so we don't have this round about conversations!

All of that is headcanon Shanks is famous thanks to Mihawk.

You're Welcome.
Shanks didn't join Roger's cre because of mihawk
Didn't inherit his hat because of mihawk
Didn't make his crew because of mihawk
Didn't become an emperor because of mihawk

Mihawk isn't relevant to shanks power, fame, crew, or future
You're right, I would only be stronger than Roger, Fujitora, Rayleigh, Xebec and Ryuma even if Shanks didn't exist.
Most those characters have absolutely no connection or ties to mihawk at all

Sure, I get the logic that if a swordsman did something Mihawk can likely do it better since he is the strongest swordsman. I don't disagree. I just don't understand what's hype cool or exciting about it, since he has literally not shown anything ever. He cut some ice and negged early Zoro.
Same way we hype Roger and Xebec we havent really seen them do anything like fight a top tier. We hype them cuz of the achievements one was PK the other was captain of 3 future yonkos the same way Mihawk is hype for being WSS, Zoro’s dream and future goal. The only ones who have that feat of fighting top tier are Akainu and Aokijii and even still we didnt see that, just the out come.

Status
Not open for further replies.