Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill actually throw this question to the crowd any Blackbeard vs Shanks believer:

Do you believe that Oda, king of short battles (outside of Luffy) and offscreens, can justify that Blackbeard and his 10 commanders will defeat Shanks and all of his 9 commanders (+ Rockstar) in a way that makes viable sense where:

A) He shows just enough for each BB member but not enough to spoil their fight with the Strawhats

B) Each fight is remotely given enough screentime?

This is reason #1 out of like 10 that fundamentally makes zero sense to me in the context of the story. Im not saying they cant have beef. Im not saying they cant skirmish. But ill never understand how the above (and many other things) can be justified when Luffy and Shanks' relationship is literally what drives the story.

Kid and Law losing make sense. Its something Oda can do cleanly in a few chapters because they are 1 ship crews with only 1-2 notable members. Plus, they have been shown off already, so their defeats are justified in the context of not becoming PK.

Please, im just looking for actual sound logic of Shanks being a hypetool for Blackbeard that doesnt sound batshit.
Hostages, General deceit, Trickery
Oda highlighted the nature of the Devil fruits within his crew: mimicking ppl, invisibility, warping, hypnotism, disease, these are all the worst lowdown ways to knock ppl down. I do not think Shanks will be overpowered but rather outplayed. As we see this chapter, we know now Teach evaded Shanks twice
Once at the mouth of Wano, he projected Teach to swoop in
Second at Elbaf, for wtvr reason
I do think Teach will have minimum the strength to push Shanks back, as he did when they were younger (scar)

Wtvr it is, I think this part of the story will be something Oda has been carefully crafting. Like he said prior arcs don’t matter, now the real throne wars for Pirate King begin

I still remember @Ven437 clowning Chinjao for a 500bil bounty. This bloke is confirmed a legendary pirate who clashed with both Garp and Roger. Midd, the rookie who beat Meme, can’t even initiate a single attack before getting negged by Shanks

Time to pay your respects, Chinjao is borderline Meme level. Midd can shove his bounty up his ass

@Elder Lee Hung @MarineHQ @Kurozumi Wiwi
God you Admiral wankers are so pathetic always trying to call out your legion. Here's your beloved Admirals almost losing their shit to the Golden boy before they overstayed like Kidd and made like a pack of dogs. :denzimote:

Rule 69 - We ban people when they're mean to our favorite characters.

Pantheos might just delete the forum if the Kidd slander gets out of hand. :hope:
I think Bogard owns it so that's not possible LOL.
Pantheos is actually mad about the spoilers though.
I posted a copium gif when he complained about the spoilers and he started saying I was trolling and that I was mean to him.

When has Oda ever truly spoiled how any villain fights fully before they fight Luffy's crew?

This also takes into the assumption that either Oda fully spoils each and every one of their best moves (never would happen) or they somehow effortlessly defeat the RHP in an offscreen bout.

Im just asking, how can Oda justify 11 BBP members defeating 11 RHP members onscreen in a way that compliments how he does non-strawhat chapters?
I think it could work if the BBP put them in an unfair situation, Oda doesn’t really have to draw full out fights

Hostages, General deceit, Trickery
Oda highlighted the nature of the Devil fruits within his crew: mimicking ppl, invisibility, warping, hypnotism, disease, these are all the worst lowdown ways to knock ppl down. I do not think Shanks will be overpowered but rather outplayed. As we see this chapter, we know now Teach evaded Shanks twice
Once at the mouth of Wano, he projected Teach to swoop in
Second at Elbaf, for wtvr reason
I do think Teach will have minimum the strength to push Shanks back, as he did when they were younger (scar)

Wtvr it is, I think this part of the story will be something Oda has been carefully crafting. Like he said prior arcs don’t matter, now the real throne wars for Pirate King begin
^ this + Teach and his crew are def getting stronger after that fight, defeating the seemingly Emperor crew with no weak targets

Kidd can match base BM's strength using his magnetism but Shanks just oneshot him together with Kidd?

I mean...how much stronger, even, is Shanks' offensive power compared to BM, lol its insanity

Mihawk is not Zoros final fight. Imagine being stupid enough to believe zoros dream will happen EOS. Look at other strawhats dreams they will all happen in the same time period, give or take , few weeks. Zoro will become WSS but he will need to defend it. I don't care what people think of the Gorosei, im 99% sure Samurai Wano Ghandi lookalike will be Zoros final opponent. And i believe him to be stronger than Mihawk.
:kata:

Egghead island hype for zboy
Zoro higher bounty than jinbo n sanji
Zoro saved bonney
Zoro seen as a master swordsman n Sanji a clown
Zoro's sleeping coo like top tier stopped kaku
Zoro made Shawk feel fear
Zoro n luffy portrayed to be equal

Luffy called Wal-Mart kings Kaido
More hype for king

Mihawk 3.6b bounty
Roger n Shanks proven to be a swordsman