Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haki makes the biggest difference.

Kaido said Roger ruled the seas with haki alone, no DF. He said haki triumphs over devil fruits.

Oda purposely made BM "forget" she had Adv CoC at least vs Kidd and Law but had her wreck Page One with it lol.

Kamusari has CoC infused it and we know Shanks, Rayleigh, Roger have godly haki too

It was the CoC superiority BY FAR which overwhelmed and knocked out Kidd and Killer. Shanks willpower is far more SUPREME and disciplined but its still ridiculous that Kidd didn't even get to fight at all nor even try to tank it like Zoro with Hakai especially.

Oda really wanted to have Shanks stomp Kidd entirely to wank Luffys "true rival"and idol and show merciless superiority.

I'm extremely ddsappointed Kidds DF powers and awakening (I mean using assign and such vs them) didn't even get a chance to try and shine.

Kidd in his arrogance/stupidity went for his strongest, most dangerous and devastating attack, forcing Shanks to take extreme action and shut him down immediately before Kidds insanely reckless escalation and powers wrecked all his allies (the fleet I mean) and part of Elbaf too ofc.

Kidd left himself open by planning to make himself into a giant turret and thus be a sitting duck for Shanks to close the distance and shut him down too.

Shanks haki is utterly devastating and way stronger than the other Yonkos. Haki god for a reason lol. He's the closest one to Rogers level right now.

It fucking sucks to see Kidd get shredded like this but its not surprising either. It makes sense to me but that's also because I've had to abandon a lot of logic with OP and just go with the flow, including that infamous fight with Law and him vs Big Mom.
Neither Law or Kidd used haki, Law only used it as far I remember to counter Doc Qs stupid fruit lol.
Sad but true

What's so bad about that tho, both are iconic characters, my only problem is being completely off screened.

Honestly if I was Oda and want to ramp up more sales I would dedicate a good 10 chapter arc for the Red Hair Pirates vs Blackbeard Pirates war
Its not bad, its just not justified. Firstly, id never expect Oda to ever draw a 10 chapter war with BB and Shanks. If he does, then nevermind lmao, but he never has done something like that without Luffy being involved. And even then, how does he reasonably show 11 BBP members defeating 11 RHP members without giving much away for their fight against Luffy?

The real killer imo is the fact that Shanks has way too much going on outside of a beef with Blackbeard:

- His relationship with the World Government
- His hidden history with Roger and God Valley
- His need for going after One Piece now
- His ulterior motives with Luffy

I feel like people envision Luffy holding a dying Shanks in his arms while he conveniently explains his lifestory.

Again, Id laugh if it happened and continued to read the story, but I strongly doubt it. Narrative is king over anything else, and Luffy's narrative with Shanks needs to have payoff in a way that addresses what i mention above.

For example, this is why I was able to guess Vegapunk was next with Kuma and Kizaru, or how I entirely believed Zoro would get up after Kaido to fight King, or how Kid/Law would defeat BM, but now lose to Shanks and BB.

KonyaruIchi

👑𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷👑
I’ve been a fan of Kid for a long time and even with all the Ls I’ve always pushed back against the “Odda hates Kid” shit but after this I’m seeing that maybe everyone was right
It's probably true though. In Wano it wasn't as obvious because Luffy also got dunked on early on by Kaido so it kinda passively redeemed Kidd in the process, and he still fought decently against the two emperors so it was still debatable back then. Now? I feel like it's way too obvious Oda basically used kidd for his own devices and has some kind of distaste for him, unless we get another gotcha moment but that just seems weird at that point

if you had normal expectations Kid didn’t look that bad imo

I love how damned punk isn’t his ultimate attack like everyone claimed, but rather seems to be something he can do casually.

Since he can spam DP, he’s easily worth 3 billion imo.

The only issue is Shanks is 4 billion, but is probably worth 5 billion.

Kidd was way too overvalued after Wano. The guy couldn’t use Advanced CoA or Adv. CoC. Without those, your defense is basically useless(see G4 Luffy vs Kaido). Kidd getting one shot is fair. Luffy without Adv. haki got one shotted against a Yonko.

Status
Not open for further replies.