Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all just have agendas and recency bias.

Think about it like this. When Shanks was 27, his bounty was little over 1 billion. Shanks only became a yonko 6 years ago.

Kid is currently 23. If we use Shanks as an example, characters in OP can grow in strength well into their middle age. Kid is already a 3 billion berry pirate.
Hence him surpassing Shanks is not a question of "if", its a question of "when".

Kid losing one fight doesn't undo the chapters upon chapters of build up that the worst gen have received. Specifically the captain trio.

Anyways, Oda can write deaths. Look at the oden flashback, or Ace and whitebeard. Kid's ship being destroyed isn't a death. His story isn't over. And I'm not just "coping". I dare any of you to make a cohesive argument why this chapter is the end of Kid's story.
1. Kids no longer important to luffys story. And at the end of the day, that’s what One Piece is. Luffys story.

2. The supernova were nothing more than measuring sticks for the straw hats. The captain trio was definitely distinct, but now that one piece is reaching its climax, it’s time to show how Luffy and his wings are the prominent trio in OP.

3. Kid and his crew literally gave up their only path to the one piece this chapter. There’s no better sign that they’re done.

Y'all just have agendas and recency bias.

Think about it like this. When Shanks was 27, his bounty was little over 1 billion. Shanks only became a yonko 6 years ago.

Kid is currently 23. If we use Shanks as an example, characters in OP can grow in strength well into their middle age. Kid is already a 3 billion berry pirate.
Hence him surpassing Shanks is not a question of "if", its a question of "when".

Kid losing one fight doesn't undo the chapters upon chapters of build up that the worst gen have received. Specifically the captain trio.

Anyways, Oda can write deaths. Look at the oden flashback, or Ace and whitebeard. Kid's ship being destroyed isn't a death. His story isn't over. And I'm not just "coping". I dare any of you to make a cohesive argument why this chapter is the end of Kid's story.
I feel like with some Kid fans like you it's always "he's gonna be back, he's gonna be okay" he's gonna "he's gonna" And this since the beginning of the new world. And now we see where it is. Honestly, he's a failed character.

Status
Not open for further replies.