Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
1. Kuzan is 100% serious about joining Blackbeard. I could maybe see him hesitating to hurt Robin, but there's no way he can be talked out of fighting them.
2. Sanji and Kuzan have nothing in common outside of some surface-level ice vs fire thing. The BB pirates are meant to be evil mirrors of the Strawhats, and the only character who makes sense as foil to Kuzan is Smoker.
Smoker is not a SHP

Smoker has always been destined for SH tier endgame focus and has yet to have his final major Luffy team up, plus at the end of Long Ring Long Land Kuzan mentions Smoker and they shared their last pre-skip scene together, plus they're tied by fate like Kuzan said it must have been that he saved Smoker before dying.
With their friendship and much more binding them together; any SH fighting him would just be blah to me.
Especially a Yamato Ice V Ice sorta deal; that would be extremely gross.

Smoker has always been destined for SH tier endgame focus and has yet to have his final major Luffy team up, plus at the end of Long Ring Long Land Kuzan mentions Smoker and they shared their last pre-skip scene together, plus they're tied by fate like Kuzan said it must have been that he saved Smoker before dying.
With their friendship and much more binding them together; any SH fighting him would just be blah to me.
Especially a Yamato Ice V Ice sorta deal; that would be extremely gross.
He can get focus in different ways

Considering that Kuzan is a Titanic Captain and that the Titanic Captains are supposed to contrast the Strawhats... idk definitely looks like Smoker is probably joining
I like the idea of Smoker joining SHP as a parallel to Kuzan joining BBP, but I wonder what would make him leave the Marines?

Also, I've been thinking if SHP vs BBP will be exclusive or not, technically, there's a possibility of a team up, and Smoker def could be an ally again.

I'm also waiting for a confirmation for Kuzan to truly show his loyalty to Teach. If Garp dies b/c of Kuzan, then I'll agree that he's there as a full-fledged BBP and not pursuing his own agenda and waiting to betray BB when it's convenient.

We should bring Law back to the poll.
Sad story - check.
Big dream to find a meaning of the D - check.
Surgeon is different from a doctor.
Most importantly, Luffy already considers him a nakama :D

How many times did Sanji reject Luffy?

Just saying :)

I was against Law earlier because of his crew and Supernova status, but you gotta admit his chances went up!

Both Tama or Smoker get no diffed by Kuzan.

Just close this thread now and end all our copes
If we only look at strength/battle abilities and utilities then Yamato, Law, or caesar would be the only options. Law is going to align with the SHs. Whether he joins is another topic.

edit: Smoker would have significant usefulness given his knowledge of the marines and having access to their higher spying/agendas.

Last edited:
Technically, Random is correct. She was instrumental in clearing huge swaths of fodder in Wano, helping to turn the tide. Whether Tama should be a SH at the age of 8 is another discussion.
1-It was 100% because her powers were super conveniemt for that specific scenario
2-It was only made possible because she had a shitbton of help and prep time
3-The argument is about her overall strength, not general accomplishments, she isnt even stronger than Oden when he popped out of his mother since he was able to throw his nurse across the room