Who is gonna be the new Headmaster of the Sanji Fandom!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When I first noticed the cover page, I thought Sanji was reading a cooking book. I saw a fork on the cover. A lot of cook books have a fork and a knife on the cover. Then I read the binding and “Cock King” looks like two separate words. Plus there’s a crown on the spine!

Either Oda misspelled cooking or this is foreshadowing! Anyways I am excited for you guys!

Even with his whole crew with him, Teach went into full panic mode and didn't even consider fighting Kuzan 💀.
Guess who wasnt afraid to pick up the fighter :moonwalk:
Agreed. Lafitte seems more of the normal Sanji fight. Strong well rounded fighter with a hax secondary ability.

Kuzan will likely be taken down by an ally anyways.
Kuzan wont be around when SHs fight them or koby will defeat him.

Law vs Kuzan or Robin "vs" Kuzan seem the best options. Especially the second one, none of the BB pirates is a good match for Robin.
I think Law and Smoker are good options but I'm leaning more towards Smoker ^^
Love Robin but Robin v Kuzan is a one-shot:catsweat:
Catarina could be an interesting one or maybe even Pizarro. Robin has giant techniques so I think it's feasible.

Guess who wasnt afraid to pick up the fighter :moonwalk:
:crazwhat:

Kuzan wont be around when SHs fight them or koby will defeat him.
A bit too early for Coby imo.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Law vs Kuzan or Robin "vs" Kuzan seem the best options. Especially the second one, none of the BB pirates is a good match for Robin.
Kuzan won’t have a death match with a SH
Sanji v Laffite all day errday.
Burgess could be a cuul fight in retrospect seeing how Garp fights. He's also one of the more prominent members of the crew but he's a bit too direct to be Sanji's opponent imo.

Laffite on the other hand looks like he'd be a tricky fighter which is similar to the type of opponent Sanji is usually matched up against (I mean, think Bon Clay, Abasalom, Queen, hell Jabra albeit more direct than the others was a rat lol) and what's awesome about Laffite is that akin to the likes of Bon Clay and Jabra, Laffite looks like he has pretty balanced stats. At the very least, speed-wise he seems to be able to move as fast as Soru. Then there's the fact that he can fly (air combat is Sanji's forte), he's one of the most prominent member of the BB Pirates and also has a position of authority in the crew. People always bring up the Navigator argument like it's worth anything that's literally the laziest argument u can make for a matchup against the BB Pirates but just for arguments sake, a strong rebuttal to that is that Laffite is the Staff Officer of the Blackbeard Pirates, a position that is typically occupied by the No.2/No.3 in strength in an organisations. Examples of folks with said positions are Sabo, Tsuru, Kabaji, Gambia, hell even if u want to add Trebol to the mix he was still top 4 in the Donquixote Pirates which is well above Nami's pay grade.

Then there is the fact that Laffite possesses a flight type fruit which Oda initially said there were only 10 of in the series, a category of fruit which he typically gives to the strongest members of an organisation. e.g. Pell, Marco, King.

And lastly the ting that cements Laffite as Sanji's opponent for me is his Vivre Card. You only have to take a look at the Original Designs of all the of the Blackbeard Pirates to know that Oda created Laffite to be a bit special.

With all of the above it's mad to me that folks are still in the dark about this matchup.

Also last ting I'd say is that for the M3 right now, there are not a lot of opponents that can compete with them physically save top tiers, so more likely than not their opponents are going to have mad hax to compensate for it. From that standpoint, Pica 2.0 and Burgess are very unlikely to be opponents for Sanji
I think Laffite has a solid chance too

But we can’t act as if it something 100% obvious or written

Sanji fighting M2 Queen or Jabra was 100% obvious and saying the contrary was going against the story

But here with BB nothing that clear at all

So for Laffite it’s just a guess game and nobody can claim yet it’s written into the stars. It’s just us playing favorite with what type of fight we want and which characters we prefer for Sanji.

Laffite can fly and is fast but let’s not forget too fast that last round Sanji fought the Dina stationary Dino and not the flying fire fast one.

The job argument is not completely void too : let’s be honest : we are not seeing Usopp or Chopper fighting any other than Augur and Doc Q. And it’s for a reason. Same for Shiryu and Zoro.
The argument seems a bit solid. With BB pirated being evil SH.
Not saying it will be every time same job = fight. But saying it’s a bad argument is false too. Discarding it wouldn’t be fair.

About the chief of staff stuff I agree and listed that for Laffite pros.
But let’s be real if you wanted to name a chief of staff inside the Sh who it would be ? Someone that take care of the other, organisation, keep people in check, ask the captain to be reasonable, one of the most important of the crew, an OG one ? Nami can fit the role too.
It’s true that in OP the CoS job seems to be a position of power level too. So yeah it can be a showing of Laffite power.
But if you tell me its Nami vs Laffite I wouldnt find that disturbing or incoherent either.

About people above her pay grade : Nami is constantly fighting people above her pay grade. Miss Double finger was M1 partner, Ulti was a VET with 400+ bounty, even Khalifa was stronger than Nami by a solid margin. It won’t be new to her at all.

Once again I like Laffite a lot too. And I think he is in the top 2/3 most likely candidate to fight Sanji. But it’s clearly not a 100% thing.

Kuzan won’t have a death match with a SH

I think Laffite has a solid chance too

But we can’t act as if it something 100% obvious or written

Sanji fighting M2 Queen or Jabra was 100% obvious and saying the contrary was going against the story

But here with BB nothing that clear at all

So for Laffite it’s just a guess game and nobody can claim yet it’s written into the stars. It’s just us playing favorite with what type of fight we want and which characters we prefer for Sanji.

Laffite can fly and is fast but let’s not forget too fast that last round Sanji fought the Dina stationary Dino and not the flying fire fast one.

The job argument is not completely void too : let’s be honest : we are not seeing Usopp or Chopper fighting any other than Augur and Doc Q. And it’s for a reason. Same for Shiryu and Zoro.
The argument seems a bit solid. With BB pirated being evil SH.
Not saying it will be every time same job = fight. But saying it’s a bad argument is false too. Discarding it wouldn’t be fair.

About the chief of staff stuff I agree and listed that for Laffite pros.
But let’s be real if you wanted to name a chief of staff inside the Sh who it would be ? Someone that take care of the other, organisation, keep people in check, ask the captain to be reasonable, one of the most important of the crew, an OG one ? Nami can fit the role too.
It’s true that in OP the CoS job seems to be a position of power level too. So yeah it can be a showing of Laffite power.
But if you tell me its Nami vs Laffite I wouldnt find that disturbing or incoherent either.

About people above her pay grade : Nami is constantly fighting people above her pay grade. Miss Double finger was M1 partner, Ulti was a VET with 400+ bounty, even Khalifa was stronger than Nami by a solid margin. It won’t be new to her at all.

Once again I like Laffite a lot too. And I think he is in the top 2/3 most likely candidate to fight Sanji. But it’s clearly not a 100% thing.
On the bolded bit, Sanji
This was in his first Vivre card. According to Oda Sanji performs a role akin to that of a Staff Officer for the the SHs.

Right Page 2nd image on the extreme left.
With his quick wittedness, he occasionally saves the crew from perilous situations.
Sanji is an existence akin to that of a Staff Officer/Advisor

Nothing is 100% till we see Sanji matched up against him. It's pretty obvious to me however.
Hell in this chapter alone, you can pretty much tell who won't be Sanji's opponent given how they were treated against Aokiji.
Portrayal is key.

With regards to the the King argument, it was obvious Sanji wasn't going to fight him reason being that he's Kaido's strongest commander any one that thought otherwise isn't reading the story properly. Only way Sanji could've fought King is if Zoro was given someone stronger. Pending that Queen was always Sanji's opponent. With regards to Nami, I'm not saying she can't fight opponents much stronger than her. I do however think that Staff Officer rank is too much for her. To me it's the equivalent of pushing for Nami v a Calamity on Wano.

Last edited:
Things became unlikely for Sanji vs Pizarro after the latest chapter

Pizarro got freeze like nothing :kobeha:

The only person that actually pressured Queen for real before his fight with Sanji was Big Mom, and even against Marco, he barely tried, only used his Zoan form, didn't cared enough, and was being constantly paired with King as the most troublesome Beast Pirates.

So why is Sanji's next opponent allowed to get treated with such inferiority against Kuzan so damn early? It simply doesn't fit

The same kinda goes for Burgess. Although that might come from the fact that the BB's Pirates biggest W's will come through the obliteration of the Red Hair Pirates.

But still, Laffitte is the only one who is still untouched, and that Oda is still hiding his abilities.

And i don't believe Sanji will fight Kuzan at all, neither that Kuzan is going to be downgraded just to be compared to Shyriu. Unless Oda does his best to hype up Shyriu to that level, but this wont be a simple task at all.

Last edited:
Problem with Kuzan for me is that I feel he's a bit too strong to be Sanji's opponent at this point in the series. As strong as Teach is, I don't even think he's stronger than Kuzan tbh (at the very least Teach is the one that has to prove that he is) but I mean if Sanji gets him I'll celebrate (shamelessly 😂). Right now tho, it just feels a bit too nonsensical for me to consider him as Sanji's opponent.

Problem with Kuzan for me is that I feel he's a bit too strong to be Sanji's opponent at this point in the series. As strong as Teach is, I don't even think he's stronger than Kuzan tbh (at the very least Teach is the one that has to prove that he is) but I mean if Sanji gets him I'll celebrate (shamelessly 😂). Right now tho, it just feels a bit too nonsensical for me to consider him as Sanji's opponent.
Tbf before wano would you think Sanji would defeat almost 1.4B pirate post WCI? After how crazy and untouchable katakuri was?

Depending on how Garp vs Kuzan unfolds, Kuzan could be a great last opponent for Sanji EoS strengthwise.

But still, i don't see any reasons for why they should fight each other lol, at all, and after all the ongoing Kuzan character development and progression, he is going to attack the crew that Robin belongs to?
Post automatically merged:

I think before wano people thought jack was strong enough to 2v1 sanji and zoro and now we think kuzan can 2v1 both... lets see lol
Kizaru is coming to Egghead

He is going to be challenging, and if he proves to be a huge challenge against Luffy, Luffy and Zoro or even perhaps against the Monster Trio, it's enough proof that Kuzan is an equal or even higher treat

Tbf before wano would you think Sanji would defeat almost 1.4B pirate post WCI? After how crazy and untouchable katakuri was?
I mean Kat was strong but even on WCI from that one interaction we got with him and Sanji, it didn't really feel like Sanji was gonna get smoked by him even if I did think Kat was considerably stronger. I did expect Sanji to fight someone of Kat's Calibre on Wano tho, even more so considering Jack had a bounty of 1bil. Not that I'm saying Kat == Queen but notoriety wise Queen is on the same level.

Also has Sanji ever been matched up against anyone that was that much stronger than him at the start of the fight?
If I think back to all his matchups so far, Sanji has always been able to tango with whoever he faces. However said character always has some sorta gimmick/hax that makes the fight much harder for Sanji. I also can't really see Sanji fighting on equal footing with Aokiji right now (in a full on fight) even though I do think he's strong enough to exchange a few blows with him.

I could be wrong tho, Aokiji being the 10th Captain makes him a candidate by default tbh and who knows maybe Sanji gets another PU before he even fights the BB Pirates. Hell maybe Sanji's fire by itself would be enough to combat Aokiji given Aokiji uses Ice but Aokiji's portrayal as a Fleet Admiral candidate is just a bit to daunting for me to consider it atm :catsweat:

I mean Kat was strong but even on WCI from that one interaction we got with him and Sanji, it didn't really feel like Sanji was gonna get smoked by him even if I did think Kat was considerably stronger. I did expect Sanji to fight someone of Kat's Calibre on Wano tho, even more so considering Jack had a bounty of 1bil. Not that I'm saying Kat == Queen but notoriety wise Queen is on the same level.

Also has Sanji ever been matched up against anyone that was that much stronger than him at the start of the fight?
If I think back to all his matchups so far, Sanji has always been able to tango with whoever he faces. However said character always has some sorta gimmick/hax that makes the fight much harder for Sanji. I also can't really see Sanji fighting on equal footing with Aokiji right now (in a full on fight) even though I do think he's strong enough to exchange a few blows with him.

I could be wrong tho, Aokiji being the 10th Captain makes him a candidate by default tbh and who knows maybe Sanji gets another PU before he even fights the BB Pirates. Hell maybe Sanji's fire by itself would be enough to combat Aokiji given Aokiji uses Ice but Aokiji's portrayal as a Fleet Admiral candidate is just a bit to daunting for me to consider it atm :catsweat:
Laffitte seems like an evil version of Bon clay. Bon clay had fake white wings on his back, lipstick and did Ballet while Laffiite has actual white wings, lip stick and tap dances. Both have manipulation type abilities, Bon turning into Nami and Laffitte's hypnotism which could be used against Sanji if Laffitte figures out his weakness to women which will be pretty easy to do with Pudding around. I mean it's not a great argument but look at Queen, same hairstyle as Jabura and was introduced fawning over a woman that fell in love with Lucci while Queen was fawning over a women that was with Orochi. Maybe I'm reaching here but you know Oda is simple like that sometimes.
Also Shiryu and Laffitte are the same height so..............:kayneshrug: