Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters

CoC: Color of Clowns

U$A $election $ea$on
I mean, if someone gave me a legitimate reason for an "Act 4" rather than their using thinly-disguised desires for Tama/Lmato/Momo to join the crew as 'narrative inferences' then I would at least give the theory the time of day. Unfortunately, there is zero precedence for the Strawhats to return to an island once they have moved on. This will be the same even for Wano.

Accept it. It's Wmoker. Wivi. Wonney. It's one of these if we get any.
Here we go again.

I'll split this into three parts for my sanity.

1. Nakama left behind
2. Oden's Will and the Ancient History of Wano
3. Pluton and other lose ends

1. Nakama Left Behind

There have been two instances of Nakama being promised seats on the crew before Wano; Vivi in Alabasta, and Jinbei in Fishman Island. Wano had... four. Yamato, Momo, Kinemon, and Tama (with a Ninjutsu necessity), were all given invites by Luffy.

Carrot is another story that can be addressed outside of Wano in multiple ways when it comes to joining, and you can argue Momo and Kinemon will never be able to travel due to their commitment to Wano, but, Tama and Yamato have DIRECT ties to Ace, and both wanted to sail out of Wano with him.

This series is about Inherited Will, and if Ace's Will was to sail with Yamato and Tama, and Luffy met and freed both of them, it stands to reason they will sail on the Sunny.

No other island has had close to this many people with direct invites to sail on the ship, who wanted to sail at the end of their arc, but couldn't for other reasons.

So, why was that, exactly? Why did Oda leave them all behind? Well, that's because, we never really finished Wano, did we?

2. Oden's WIll and the Ancient History of Wano

Oden's Will was never fully about Kaido. It was to open the borders of Wano. Oden knew of Joy Boy, and wanted the country to be ready to welcome Joy Boy (Luffy).

This is why Yamato couldn't leave; she wishes to fulfill the Will of Oden, and won't leave Wano until its borders are open. However, she ties much deeper into things.

Wano has a history of racism that is still unaddressed. The Kurozumi were persecuted heavily, and we now know from the SBS that Tama is a Kurozumi. The cycle of hatred and revenge hasn't been broken; once Yamato is well known as the child of Kaido, and Tama as a Kurozumi, they will be hunted.

This connects back to the Ancient History of Wano, as Kaido stated Oni/Ogres could never get along with humans.

The history of the Ancient Oni race is a mystery we have little info on so far. We know Vegapunk tried to clone Ancient Oni in Punk Hazard (the Numbers), and that Oni like Oars were gigantic. But, there's so many missing links between Oars, and the giant Oni skull that makes up Onigashima.

Yamato is the key to unlocking that history of persecution against Oni. I believe that Onigashima is Joy Boy's skull, and that Joy Boy died holding up Wano, which is why the country looks the way it does. Either way, the history of the Oni race and Yamato is clearly important to the narrative, just like the extinction of Dragons and the Celestial Dragons obsession with them.

This isn't even addressing the lack of Ryuma lore and Ancient History lore, and Toki's backstory.

Which brings us to Pluton. Oden's Will was to open Wano. How does that happen? Well, not only does Wano lose its greatest defense, the Borders Opening also unleashes the Ancient Weapon Pluton.

Pluton has been the focus of two different arcs, and mentioned all over the place in the story. Crocodile and CP9, two main villains of the Straw Hats, both fought for the sake of reaching Pluton. Oda isn't going to offscreen the Ancient Weapon he's spent the most time on in the story.

Pluton's presence is a giant Chevok's gun, and guess who knows about it? Yep, Caribou. The Swamp Guy. And guess where he is? Egghead Island. And guess who has a ship sailing to Egghead Island? The Blackbeard Pirates.

When we ended Wano, Luffy gave Momo the Straw Hat's flag, and told him to hang it high, and point to it if they ever got attacked.

Blackbeard's forces are all near Wano, and Caribou is right next to some Blackbeard Pirates to tell them where Pluton is.

So, post Egghead will be the Straw Hats protecting Wano as multiple forces attack it, with Blackbeard trying to take Pluton the focus.

This will allow Dr. Vegapunk to use his knowledge of artificial Devil Fruits to heal the SMILE users, the Straw Hats to reunite with Yamato, Momo and the rest, Zoro will get his backstory, Kaido and Big Mom will have their defeats addressed in some way, and some other crazy shit will happen.

Oda loves Oden so fucking much, there's no way he's going to offscreen Oden's dream, the Borders Opening.

People just hate Wano and don't want to go back to it.

But, we will.

Egghead will get ripped to shreds, S-Bear will do a Kuma teleport, and we'll get to Act 4 of Wano for Pluton and the Borders Opening.

People can hate it as much as they want, Oda doesn't abandon big plot points like that. The series is all about character's Will and Dreams. We've all seen how Oda wanks Oden, good luck convincing me he's going to offscreen the ultimate Oden wank.

Yeah i'm sorry but the Yamato thing i feel like it's also kinda of a cope. There's bad writing and there's unironically shiting on an audience.
Having a character constantly saying: "i'm joining ,i'm joining ,i'm joining " and then just let her stay is beyond reason or beyonf things like say, Zoro Ryuma Grave stuff.

Much like writing the end of OP and then ... oops.. actually the One piece doesn't exist and it was all a dream.

Like there's some levels of bad writing you can't do, otherwise it's actually just intentional stupidity and some of the bad writing on this manga is not comparable to the absolute bizarro world writing that was Yamato and Carrot.

Anyways i know people have Wano PTSD so i'll relax.:sadgrin:

Yeah i'm sorry but the Yamato thing i feel like it's also kinda of a cope. There's bad writing and there's unironically shiting on an audience.
Having a character constantly saying: "i'm joining ,i'm joining ,i'm joining " and then just let her stay is beyond reason or beyonf things like say, Zoro Ryuma Grave stuff.

Much like writing the end of OP and then ... oops.. actually the One piece doesn't exist and it was all a dream.

Like there's some levels of bad writing you can't do, otherwise it's actually just intentional stupidity and some of the bad writing on this manga is not comparable to the absolute bizarro world writing that was Yamato and Carrot.

Anyways i know people have Wano PTSD so i'll relax.:sadgrin:
Keep telling yourself that your headcanon being wrong is bad writing.
How did so many people predict Yamato not joining?
What narrative purpose does Zoro visiting Ryuma's grave serve? It's just fan-service.
Is Bellamy going to become pirate king and Tashigi going to collect all the great swords because the said so?
:whitepress:

Still waiting on Luffy kicking Jack's ass :optimistic:

No beating his boss in 14v1 is not a substitute.

Luffy's words don't mean dick half the time. :milaugh:
It's not that whatever Luffy says must happen. But Tama's entire character was about waiting for Ace in order to join his crew (to the point of starvation and poisoning) and how she started seeing Luffy as this second coming of Ace. At the end, Luffy indirectly inherited Ace's promise. To end her story with that promise being broken a second time, now by Luffy, would be way too tragic.

I think we can now all agree that the next SH must be a powerful one... Someone who can fight against RHP and BBP...

We only have limited options at this point...

Vivi, Bonney, Bellamy, Caribou and Carrot are too weak...

Smoker and Lucci are loyal WG people...

Stussy and Vegapunk are obviously bound to hide behind RA or WEJ...

Hancock and Yamato are locked as "guardians" to their respective countries...
Hancock had to leave Amazon Lily and Yamato doesn't need to stay in Wano.

Here we go again.

I'll split this into three parts for my sanity.

1. Nakama left behind
2. Oden's Will and the Ancient History of Wano

1. Nakama Left Behind

There have been two instances of Nakama being promised seats on the crew before Wano; Vivi in Alabasta, and Jinbei in Fishman Island. Wano had... four. Yamato, Momo, Kinemon, and Tama (with a Ninjutsu necessity), were all given invites by Luffy.

Carrot is another story that can be addressed outside of Wano in multiple ways when it comes to joining, and you can argue Momo and Kinemon will never be able to travel due to their commitment to Wano, but, Tama and Yamato have DIRECT ties to Ace, and both wanted to sail out of Wano with him.

This series is about Inherited Will, and if Ace's Will was to sail with Yamato and Tama, and Luffy met and freed both of them, it stands to reason they will sail on the Sunny.

No other island has had close to this many people with direct invites to sail on the ship, who wanted to sail at the end of their arc, but couldn't for other reasons.

So, why was that, exactly? Why did Oda leave them all behind? Well, that's because, we never really finished Wano, did we?

2. Oden's WIll and the Ancient History of Wano

Oden's Will was never fully about Kaido. It was to open the borders of Wano. Oden knew of Joy Boy, and wanted the country to be ready to welcome Joy Boy (Luffy).

This is why Yamato couldn't leave; she wishes to fulfill the Will of Oden, and won't leave Wano until its borders are open. However, she ties much deeper into things.

Wano has a history of racism that is still unaddressed. The Kurozumi were persecuted heavily, and we now know from the SBS that Tama is a Kurozumi. The cycle of hatred and revenge hasn't been broken; once Yamato is well known as the child of Kaido, and Tama as a Kurozumi, they will be hunted.

This connects back to the Ancient History of Wano, as Kaido stated Oni/Ogres could never get along with humans.

The history of the Ancient Oni race is a mystery we have little info on so far. We know Vegapunk tried to clone Ancient Oni in Punk Hazard (the Numbers), and that Oni like Oars were gigantic. But, there's so many missing links between Oars, and the giant Oni skull that makes up Onigashima.

Yamato is the key to unlocking that history of persecution against Oni. I believe that Onigashima is Joy Boy's skull, and that Joy Boy died holding up Wano, which is why the country looks the way it does. Either way, the history of the Oni race and Yamato is clearly important to the narrative, just like the extinction of Dragons and the Celestial Dragons obsession with them.

This isn't even addressing the lack of Ryuma lore and Ancient History lore, and Toki's backstory.

Which brings us to Pluton. Oden's Will was to open Wano. How does that happen? Well, not only does Wano lose its greatest defense, the Borders Opening also unleashes the Ancient Weapon Pluton.

Pluton has been the focus of two different arcs, and mentioned all over the place in the story. Crocodile and CP9, two main villains of the Straw Hats, both fought for the sake of reaching Pluton. Oda isn't going to offscreen the Ancient Weapon he's spent the most time on in the story.

Pluton's presence is a giant Chevok's gun, and guess who knows about it? Yep, Caribou. The Swamp Guy. And guess where he is? Egghead Island. And guess who has a ship sailing to Egghead Island? The Blackbeard Pirates.

When we ended Wano, Luffy gave Momo the Straw Hat's flag, and told him to hang it high, and point to it if they ever got attacked.

Blackbeard's forces are all near Wano, and Caribou is right next to some Blackbeard Pirates to tell them where Pluton is.

So, post Egghead will be the Straw Hats protecting Wano as multiple forces attack it, with Blackbeard trying to take Pluton the focus.

This will allow Dr. Vegapunk to use his knowledge of artificial Devil Fruits to heal the SMILE users, the Straw Hats to reunite with Yamato, Momo and the rest, Zoro will get his backstory, Kaido and Big Mom will have their defeats addressed in some way, and some other crazy shit will happen.

Oda loves Oden so fucking much, there's no way he's going to offscreen Oden's dream, the Borders Opening.

People just hate Wano and don't want to go back to it.

But, we will.

Egghead will get ripped to shreds, S-Bear will do a Kuma teleport, and we'll get to Act 4 of Wano for Pluton and the Borders Opening.

People can hate it as much as they want, Oda doesn't abandon big plot points like that. The series is all about character's Will and Dreams. We've all seen how Oda wanks Oden, good luck convincing me he's going to offscreen the ultimate Oden wank.
Or Wano just comes up in a cutaway sequence cause we've been doing that a lot this arc
Post automatically merged:

That's simply absurd. Think about Tama.
All those years she endured starvation waiting for Ace weren't enough? You want Luffy's words to end up just as empty as Ace's promise?
Luffy promised her that she won't need to go hungry anymore
and he made good on that promise

Luffy promised her that she won't need to go hungry anymore
and he made good on that promise
Yes, and Tama wanted to go out to sea with Ace even after he made that promise. She chose to live in the middle of nowhere where she would have an even worst life than the average Wano citizen because she was waiting for Ace .and then, after Luffy made good on his promise of making Wano a better place she still wanted to join his crew and is training for that reason.

Let's say you're Oda trying to pitch to your editor who the final Strawhat will be. This is how it would go for each candidate. Vivi's already a Strawhat so I'm excluding her

Yamato:
-The daughter/son of a major antagonist
-Adopts the actual identity of a character who's only centrally important for a single arc
-Not introduced until the manga is getting close-ish to the end
-Met the protagonist's brother
-Wants to go on adventures

Carrot:
-A cutsey rabbit girl
-Not introduced until pretty late in the series
-Had a friend who died saving the crew
-Wants to go on adventures
-Spent a couple arcs with the protagonists

Tama:
-A young girl the crew befriended
-Can control animals, but that ability is only super helpful considering the context of her arc
-Not introduced until the manga is getting cloes-ish to the end
-Has a background that ties in with the theme of ending a pointless cycle of hatred and blood feuds
-Met the protagonist's brother
-Doesn't even want to leave her country. She just wants her country to have food

Smoker:
-A recurring rival character who has appeared in multiple arcs
-Has slowly but surely grown to respect the heroes and even ally with them on occassion
-Has an ideology that initially put him into opposition with the crew, but this ideology is gradually being questioned by both himself and the narrative
-Was introduced at the start of the series
-Was the first character who recognized the similarities between the protagnist and the previous pirate king
-Was the first opponent the protagonist lost to
-Was the character who first gave the official name to the protagonists' crew
-One of his close friends, who he has a similar ideological standpoint to, has recently been established as a major future antagonist
-Is motivated mainly by his own justice, which is a major theme in the series that none of the Strawhats currently tie in with

Smoker's probably joining
Post automatically merged:

Yes, and Tama wanted to go out to sea with Ace even after he made that promise. She chose to live in the middle of nowhere where she would have an even worst life than the average Wano citizen because she was waiting for Ace .and then, after Luffy made good on his promise of making Wano a better place she still wanted to join his crew and is training for that reason.
He said he'd take her out to sea when she's older. You think that they'd willingly endanger a kid by bringing them on board?

He said he'd take her out to sea when she's older. You think that they'd willingly endanger a kid by bringing them on board?
Funnily enough , that's what Ace said in their flashback, but Luffy didn't.
Oda clearly made a distinction between being too young then to it not being the case now.
Like I said, she's the age Shanks and Buggy were seen in Roger's crew. During Oden's flashback people even said they acted like veterans.

If we're talking about crackhead theories, I'll throw mine into the ring. 12 SHs. Meaning the NW recruits will be the summit war trio

Plus Smoker

:kuzanshut:
You had me in the first half...

Those 2 are actually ones id like to see join, and together with Jinbe, they have it in common that they supoorted Luffy in his lone arc without his crew (Ivankov too but hes a Revo so probably not him)

Law i thought that he was lying about his crew waiting for him, all the way up to Zoo arc when we saw them. I thought they might be dead or something. And now they seem to be "out of the way". Hancock is on the run and if she makes an appearance soon, her stock is rising as well

If I were his editor I would tell Oda to go with Tama as shonen jump has been trying to attract more female readers and Tama would cater to a different demographic than the usual. I would say Tama would help attract the SpyxFamily audience and increase sales.